Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

How weird.

Anyway i am going to get my new PC this week or next week(which is when my birthday is). So game store here I come! I can already picture how i shall be able to let go on 3ds max and all these games that i haven't been able to play due to a crappy pc. http://img99.exs.cx/img99/8577/yupi3ti.gifhttp://ta7.de/tmp/victory.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

What about RAM and your proccessor(sp?)?

Processor. Just one "c". Sounds like a nice PC- I'm probably going to get the game in another week or two. Maybe the price will have gone down by then (Doubtful) but I will have more money to spend by then... So what race(s) are those of you (AKA Lucky Bastards) who own the game?

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

So what race(s) are those of you (AKA Lucky Bastards) who own the game?

I started out with an Imperial knight (basically a combination of caucasian and african features with skin tones from black to stark white). This character is by far my favorite, though after five hours of game-play I'm still only lvl 1.

I also started a Dark Elf mage. I'm not as impressed with the magic classes. The spells are all insanely expensive compared to the weapons for the melee classes, though the armor can get somewhat expensive. I might delete this guy and try a stealth class... maybe an assassin or something. I'll post a few screenshots tomorrow

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Not to bad of a rig there Mad. Much better than your average pre-built POS machine.

Also, for some awesome starting equipment, join the Dark Brotherhood. Kill one innocent person, then you have to go kill an old man, then they give you a tight set of armor that looks like a ninja suit.

I'm also their third mission for me right now, but I think I might have to restart, as I screwed up my custom build. I chose marksman over security. What a waste.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Me and bobandrubert split the money $25 each, and we can't play it! The game fried our video card, and our dad is getting it replaed. Whick sucks because it is the same exact one! My mom won't let bob build a $2000 computer, although he can.

The Bunny Princess

I spent some time over clocking my video card and have managed to get it running about 40% faster without instability. I can now play Oblivion with full Anti Aliasing and all graphics set to the max. Now, if I could figure out what the hell is wrong with my laptop I could do the same. I can't wait to get another gig into my rig :twisted:

I was planning on taking some screenshots, but apparently the Print Screen button doesn't work in Oblivion. I also tried Fraps, but that just lead to the game feezing.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I was planning on taking some screenshots, but apparently the Print Screen button doesn't work in Oblivion. I also tried Fraps, but that just lead to the game feezing.

Unlock Print Screen (PRTSCN) button

There is a setting in the INI file:

bAllowScreenShot=0

change to:

bAllowScreenShot=1

Also, two related items for the screenshots:

iScreenShotIndex=0

SScreenShotBaseName=Oblivion

There are two INIs, one in the game folder called "Oblivion_default.ini", this is the one it uses to generate the REAL one....

My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Oblivion.ini

Edit the first one if you want to default to having screenshots on by default for all users. The settings it uses at runtime are the ones from My Documents folder.

After you mod the INI file, you can press PRTSCN button and Oblivion will write a BMP file to your game folder.

Havene't had a chance to try it yet, but everyone I talk to says it works.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Interesting little easter egg of annoyance: The house you can buy in Cheydinhal comes with it's very own ghost. It will knock stuff from shelves, kick furniture around, and generally make a nuisance of itself, especialy if you like showing off all your worldy treasures. And to make it even better, no one knows how to get rid of the damned thing.

So take my advice, as pretty as the house is, it isn't worth the 15K in gold you will sink into the house, minimum.