Star Wars Show?

Vero

Was just watching CNN and in the near future there will be a show about the time between Epsode 3 and Episode 4 in the Star Wars Universe. Its going to be about Luke growing up. They better show Vader killing some Jedi or something because that sounds boring as hell.

O yea, there will be a 4th Indiana Jones movie coming out in 2 years as well.

K that was my yearly post, see you all next year :D

• SWR Staff - Executive
Yes, news of two shows have been out for a while. No details about it really, other than the first is a live action, between Ep3 and Ep4, and the other is a animated series.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Vero wrote:

... Its going to be about Luke growing up. They better show Vader killing some Jedi or something because that sounds boring as hell. ...

I don't know, watching moisture collect on a desert planet sounds exciting! And as a bonus, there might even be some mushrooms growing on the evaporators 8O

:lol::lol::lol:

I would hope this would be about the effects and growth of the Empire on the galaxy, and not just about Luke (why single out a single individual when there's a whole galaxy to exploit?).

This better NOT be animated, but to do a TV series without expensive costs for special effects and actors, it looks like cartoonville. Unless this is going to show on HBO or something, you probably aren't going to see too many people getting killed by Darth. Want to take a guess on the age of the target audience?

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

I would hope this would be about the effects and growth of the Empire on the galaxy, and not just about Luke (why single out a single individual when there's a whole galaxy to exploit?).

This better NOT be animated, but to do a TV series without expensive costs for special effects and actors, it looks like cartoonville. Unless this is going to show on HBO or something, you probably aren't going to see too many people getting killed by Darth.

The first line would be the logical reason to make a TV series inbetween Eps 3 & 4, and has masses of potential material to work with. Have a look at the academy, the Empire, etc. But sadly i've got a gut instinct such that's a bit grown up for your last line, below:

Want to take a guess on the age of the target audience?

:( WHY CAN'T GEORGE LUCAS REALIZE HE OWES THE SEVENTIE'S GENERATION SOMETHING FOR CHANGING OUR LIVES!!! Rant over.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

The growth of the Empire and it's effect on the galaxy? Call me a temp. pessimist, but we're going to see actors who look little like the originals trying to act as well. Just think!!

Han Solo freeing Chewie!

Palpatine sitting in a chiar!

Vader Force-Crushing at least one throat/hour!

Luke going to Tashi Station to waste time with his friends and complain about the harvest!

Ok, I'm done. =o)

There is potential, yes. But after so much potential wasted on the prequels,

and empire at war..

my hopes are a bit dashed.

There is potential, yes. But after so much potential wasted on the prequels,

and empire at war..

my hopes are a bit dashed.

I feel your anguish!

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e253/Jahled/pearofanguish.gif

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Looks more like a constipated pear to me :lol::lol::lol::wink:

*Shakes head ruefully* Already off-topic.... I'm not watching whatever that is- all attempts at fan films in the Star Wars galaxy failed miserably as did all TV shows, and that terible book "Wikket's Quest" (They actually spelled his name wrong on the cover!) for seven and eight year-olds...

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Which fan films have you seen that were miserable Tofu? :? I've only seen: Troops, IMPS, Broken Allegiance and Pink 5; they were all good. :D

I hope you saved your "Wikket's Quest" books, they're probably worth a bunch by now :roll::lol:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Read it in third grade, actually... And you're right, it would be worth a lot... I'm not saying humorous films are bad, but I have seen one or two terrible attempts which I shall not post here for fear that someone will lynch them for doing such a horrible job...I'm not going to let you people deny of my right to do it

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Personally, I would love to see an animated X-Wing series.

I <3 starfighter novels.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

...I shall not post here for fear that someone will lynch them for doing such a horrible job...I'm not going to let you people deny of my right to do it

(I increased the font size to make it easier to read...) "deny of my right", Tofu? What is this supposed to mean?

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Sounds like they could have swapped every scene with Anakin talking for excerpts from the life of Luke and gotten the same emotional affect...
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

Guest Scathane
Its going to be about Luke growing up.
Oh no! :shock: Luki :shock::shock: :shock:

They better show Vader killing some Jedi or something because that sounds boring as hell.
I concur! And I wants lots of Tarkin as well! :D

This better NOT be animated, but to do a TV series without expensive costs for special effects and actors...
And, again, I concur! And pour it into a miniseries format! :D

Well, it isn't exactly mine... I heard a rumor about it some time ago...

OK. I never said it was yours. I was just saying I liked it.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

I loved the Clone Wars miniseries. Animation lets you do more cool stuff for less cost, which is great for a TV show. Needless to say, I loved the Clone Wars miniseries.

I think a cartoon would be great. If any of you watch Anime, you can see that cartoons don't always have to be for children.

Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.