Star Wars Infinities

UlicHorn

emm... well two aspects of gameplay would make me almost content with this TIE-they-are-by-definitiion-crap-and-the Empire-saluttes-you-for getting-in-one-*err-actually-i've-changed-my-mind-about-imperial-service*-get-in-it-and-don't-come-back-type-of-motivation-advanced-military-technique

-Take to long long to deploy during a tactical battle, making no sense whatso ever, given you would deploy them before you launch a battle.

-Can't withdraw. Would be cool if they could return to their hangers...on any system surface. They must need a lav from time to time no?

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

That is probably the biggest fault of the TIE series; they can't be deployed nearly as fast because of the lack of a hyperdrive. But withdrawing isn't as big an issue; if you have to withdraw, then either the battle hasn't begun (your ships are still in hangar), you're about to loose (you don't have many ships left to put into a hangar) or the enemy has just gotten reinforcements (you have time between when they exited hyperspace and when they arrive to round up your TIEs and get them into a hangar, all while your ships are preparing to leave). This assuming your commander has good enough timing. Although the ability to jump the capital ships while keeping the fighters to cover their retreat, then jump the fighters, would certainly be useful.

No no Tex, you misunderstand. I didn't completely disable the shields, merely reduced them significantly. Usually down to 25% for the Defender (so several shots). If the ship I was attacking was slow, I'd do fly-bys, therefore I'm always moving and difficult to hit. If I'm attacking another fighter, then because they are trying to evade me and I'm following them, their buddies have a harder time hitting me. The shields I leave up pretty much take care of the stray shots that actually do hit me, but leave me with plenty of laser energy so I'm never waiting for a recharge, and lots of engine power for a speedy getaway. And by putting full shield strength to the rear, I can maintain my super-fast laser recharge, full engine speed, and be protected from most any laser attack long enough to get a missile into their engine or lock my tractor on them (which means I don't need all that engine power, so I promptly put it into shields). I must admit, it's a complicated system and took some practice, but once I got it down I was nearly unstoppable. Only the missions where I had to protect somebody else posed a serious problem.

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"