Torpedo Spheres & Performance Problems

Billious

Hi all, first post so be gentle!

Been playing the warlords mod (0.45) for a few weeks now and I get smooth gameplay except when a Torpedo Sphere salvo hits a target. Then I can go and put the kettle on have a cuppa and come back when the explosion dies down and continue with the game :wink:

Now I can have oodles of different ships on the screen, hammering away at each other without slow downs but the torpedo shere salvo always produces a 1 FPS slide show.

I've a fairly good PC A64 3200+ (winchester), 6800GT, 2 GB RAM & Viewsonic VA1912w (widescreen 1440x900 native resolution).

Does anyone else have this problem and what setting do I need to reduce to improve this situation (please don't suggest running at a lower res - it just looks crap then).

TIA

B

Well, I'm that annoying one who hates torpedo spheres for all sorts of reasons, but that's my experience too. Torpedo spheres release something like 500 objects, all of which have to behave like objects rather than weapon blasts, so that's a hell of a lot of things to track (think 500 small ships added all at once to the game). I understand how you feel, but I think this is a game issue more than a problem.
~Resident Warlords Curmudgeon