Death Star Assault

AdmiralToguroAni

I was thinking...it would be possible to create a Death Star model in Rebellion, wouldn't it? Pump up the shields, give it an ungodly number of turbolasers with a really slow reload time, then sick it in an actual battle vs. the Yuuzhan Vong ships that Mad made for D16. I suppose you wouldn't need the model though--any ship would do. I just wonder what you'd need to do to the reload timer in order to simulate the DS superlaser.
Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

The shields, hull, weapons and carrying capacity doesn't go up high enough in RebEd to accurately simulate a Death Star even if you put a model in.

You can only put about 1/10th of the number of fighters aboard a ship in Rebellion that that DS actually carries. Believe me I've tried.

Aww.... the Fighters only go up to 100 squadrons. :( Mabey I can raise the hull to something more....nope. Darn!

Hey! I can set the options high enough for the Eclipse to be realistic, that'll work.

:wink: lol

Couldn't you fix that by increasing the number of fighters per squadron to 100 or so? 100 fighters per squadron and 100 squadrons is still 10,000 fighters. Thats 10,000 ships--far more than what was fielded on the first DS attack in ANH.
Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

That would be a fun "Admiral's Nightmare" scenario. The empire has a DS filled with troops that have like 50 detection (to keep sabbers out). and the Rebels have to take it out. Make it even more fun by making it immobile and protecting it with a DS shield!