Yuuzhan Vong Theoretical Question

angelus512

Thraken would try using Centerpoint. Palpy would find out and send Vader (w/ his Death Squadron) at sublight speeds to figure out what was going on. Vader then takes control and the system imprints itself on him much like it did Anakin Solo. Vader then calls Palpy telling him to come see the new toy of th Empire, and shoots Palpy's shuttle, killing Palpy and securing the Imperial Throne for Vader.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and for Luke to be his second in command who he's had frozen in Carbonite for the past fifteen years. :lol:

Vader: Luke... Luke!

Luke: I...I can't see...

Vader: You are experiencing hibernation sickness... also your eyes are extra crispy from the Emperor Force Cooking you.

:twisted:

I can see that, yeah. And Palpy was flying w/out his Hand, so Jade is still around, she and Luke meet and eventually get married. They have a son who will eventually inherit the Throne.....The Skywalkers rule the galaxy for at least 10 generations before they're overthrown by the Skywalker/Solo line. (Leia and Han still get married and have kids, Obi-Wan teaches Leia though, instead of hanging around w/ Luke's frozen body for 15 years. Leia then teaches her kids and their kids and so on...)

Shortly after Vader kills Palpy he turns Centerpoint on Byss, thus destroying Palpy's clone. He also has Wayland cleaned out, then he blows IT up. Then he says something like, "Yeah...no more Palpy....."

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

http://www.conzilla.info/images/kevin-anderson.jpg

AAAAAAGGGHHHH!!!!!! 8O8O:!:

IT'S A PARTIAL COMBOVER SUPERWEAPON!!!!!

Quick! Before he turns the New Sith order into a DUNE Prequel!

EDIT: Anyways lets get back on track. Anyone else think it would be a good idea to try and find a way to limit the use of superweapons if possible?

EDIT: Anyways lets get back on track. Anyone else think it would be a good idea to try and find a way to limit the use of superweapons if possible?

I think it would be a great idea to find a way to do that. HOWEVER, we are talking about the Empire here. The Imps have always been big into superweapons. Look at the Eye. Then there's the DS, Sun Crusher, World Devestators. They're all over the place.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

... Umm, yeah. I'm following the thread, but I (Unfortunately) have not read all of the books, so therefor I do not know what all of the weapons are/ what they were designed to do. Could someone post a list or something with what did what, or else just all of the superweapons so's I can look them up on wiki? Much thanks.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

The Imperial Superweapons as I know them.

The Eye of Palpatine (Deep space, middle of nowhere drifting)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_of_palpatine

The Death Star Prototype (The Maw Facility)

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/books/novels/protoDS.jpg

Death Star (1)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d0/Death_Star.jpg/180px-Death_Star.jpg

The Tarkin (Think Darksaber)

I don't know if this one really counts or not

Death Star 2 (Survives Endor in Pro-Imp timeline)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/ee/DeathStar2.jpg/180px-DeathStar2.jpg

There was some mention of twin Death Stars that were being built over Coruscant. (Which I think is a load of rubbish but that's just me.)

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/books/iswu/twins.gif

Pulsar Station (Design Phase only, not built)

Would have been equipped with multiple SSD grade super laser emitters and large scale gravity well gernerators.

TIE Compliment of about 24 Wings.

Eclipse 1 & 2 SSD's (Dark Empire)

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/comics/de/eclipse1.jpg

Coaxial Superlaser. Gravity Wells. Big.

nd a miniaturised superlaser mounted in the principal axis of the ship. This weapon is said to be able to crack continents, rendering a planet uninhabitable, but it lacks the power to disrupt a planet completely

Double the Listed weapons compliment of the average SSD.

World Devastators (Dark Empire)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Devastator

http://www.starwars.jp/machine/image/world_devastator.jpg

Galaxy Gun (Dark Empire)

[x]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galaxy_Gun

Sun Crusher (Jedi Trilogy)

[x]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Crusher

Invincible hull armour. This ship withstood everything that was thrown at it including superlaser shots untill Kyp Durron droped it into one of the black holes of the Maw cluster.

Though intended for a cew of 6...

In spite of its strengths, the SunCrusher ultimately proved to be a failure and a poor idea. Because it could be controlled by a single person, it had the potential to give a single deranged individual enough power to destroy several star systems (as happened with Kyp Durron). This creates a serious imbalance; the individual piloting the SunCrusher is simply given too much power for any individual (save the Emperor) to handle safely. Because of this, there are no plans to initiate any research programs to develop the SunCrusher technology again.

Edited by Defender_16

What about a Torpedo Sphere? As I remember it the TS had 20 proton torpedo launchers spread across its surface. It also boasted a super sensitive sensor suite. The TS was used primarily in planetary bombardments. The sensors were used to find the weakest point in a planet's shield. Then the proton torpedo launchers would open up and bring down that section of the shield. I don't know if that would qualify it as a superweapon, but it would prove to be devistating if used properly.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

I actually liked Kevin J Anderson's books. I know I'm crazy, but I don't think this is something that would/should contribute to that. Maybe I'm wrong. If so that's not going to change my opinion of his books.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Arg. I didn't include the Torpedo sphere as a superweapon because it uses conventionally available technology that any Nerfherder can assemble given enough Cash. :)

http://starwars.wikicities.com/wiki/Torpedo_Sphere

Similar torpedo platforms date back to the Clone Wars, predating the development of high-powered beam-weapon technology which was first perfected with the Eye of Palpatine, but the term "Torpedo Sphere" most commonly refers to the 1,900m diameter battlestations built by the Loronar Corporation, which Bevel Lemelisk only began to design shortly before the Battle of Yavin, as work on Grand Moff Tarkin's Death Star neared completion.

Son of the Sith! Those things had a lot of launchers on them! I thought I remembered reading there being something like 20 launchers not 500.

Even so, it's not the best ship to ship platform you would expect from something three times the mass of an ISD. Though much cheaper than super weapons, maintaining the supply of torpedoes for the station are bound to be expensive.

My vote for a superweapon would be: Energy tranporter. I know that the Star Wars universe doesn't have one for some reason, but it can own any other superweapon. Incoming torpedos? Suddenly they've rematerialized headed straight for the ship that fired them. Death Star? Suddenly half of it is gone and that shaft to the main reactor has gotten 360 degrees bigger. Suncrusher? Let's see how it likes being rematerialized in a black hole. Galaxy gun? Doesn't fire so well when its missing all of its ammo, does it? :twisted:

12/14/07

Now Tofu, if you're going to talk about transporter tech., at least follow the rules. You can't transport things through a shield. Why is that? I don't know. I just know that it's true.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Now Tofu, if you're going to talk about transporter tech., at least follow the rules. You can't transport things through a shield. Why is that? I don't know. I just know that it's true.

Uh huh... WTF are you talking about, Mitth? I never heard that rule. Theoretically (This Theory being the 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' theory) a transporter beam would dissasemble things on a molecular level, transfer the molecules to a new location, and reasemble them. Thus, how does a field of energy do jack to prevent this? It always kind of annoyed me about Stargate SG-1; If you have ring transporters, can't you set up a giant set of rings to get rid of enemy ships???

12/14/07

No no no no no no. Star Treck is er, how do I put this, not a very good show. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, however, is based on Roald Dahl's books, and is therfor far cooler than Star Treck can ever be... :wink:

(Note: Please don't kill me, Trekies! *Kringes as a Klingon approaches*)

12/14/07

*Klingon is cut down by a Yuuzhanvong Warrior dual weilding Amphistafs*

Time to get the Vong-on!

Corralskipper Cruise Missile

Essentially a coralskipper stripped of it's need for a pilot. These craft are essentially useless in dogfights against starfighters. Instead they recieve control orders from the Yamosk and are used to impact enemy capital ships. As they are equipped with the standard Dovin Basal propulsion of regular skips, the Cruise Missiles have some shielding from laser and torpedo attacks. These can also can be thrown into a nearby target by their carrier such as was seen at the Fondor Yards in the NJO.

Vong Heavy Cruise Missile Carrier

Modified by shapers, these carriers are intended to carry unmanned Cruise Missiles in place of it's regular Coralskipper compliment. It has mountings for 300 missiles or the standard 200 manned Skips. These ships normally carry 2 squadrons of manned skips for defense.

AB-Wing Ugly

In use with: Rebel / Peace Brigade

Built from spare parts from any number of vehicles, the specifications on these uglies varry widely. The "standard" version of the vehicle is built using a B-wing cockpit and side S-foils, and A-wing engines. Other popular versions use TIE-Booster Engines or older model TIE wing panels in place of the S-foils.

Likewise the weapons are also rarely the same. Some have B-wing Ion Cannons and Lasers, others have Cannosn salvaged from Tie fighters, X-wings or Z-95's. Most are slightly slower than a stock A-wing but faster than 1st Generation Interceptors.

Often equipped with shields and hyperdrive, the 2 seat versions often have an R2 unit place in the extra seat for Hypernavigation.

http://web.ripnet.com/~jdprosper/AB-wing.GIF

(A and B-wing pictures borrowed from a site whose URL I can't seem to find and horribly mauled by my Paint skills. )

lol, you know you're becoming a nerd when you start discussing different types of uglies from the SW universe! :lol::)

So I must be even more of a nerd if I'm making them, rather than just dredging up the old ugly designs. :D

Dovin Basal Support Mines

Varrying is size depending on the type of ship carrying them, support mines act as secondary shields for larger cruisers. Instead of trying to block all incoming fire, the support mines try to halve the ammount of fire that the ships basals need to block. If needed, the support mines can be concentrated to block almost all incoming fire from a particular direction.

(This could also be used to dull the effects of a small superlaser attack though all of the mines would die from it. Only the strongest ships like heavy cruisers would be able to survive it.)

Heavier planetary Defense grade mines are employed in the defense of Worldships.

As with all Basals they can be overwhelmed or tired out by forcing them to block less powerful but more numerous shots. Some vong ships attempted to counter this eventually using smaller singularities on the low powered shots. It did not take long to figure out that increasing power slightly could overwhelm the smaller singularities.