How to make the SWR AI a bit more agressive.

Cain

1. Use this type of galaxy arrangement :

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/Cain2/Image1.jpg

2. Increase the speed of the ships. The 80 ships make them 60 and the 60 / 50 and the 50 / 40 etc.

3. Reduce the costs and the maint. for all facilities by 50% and same with the planets shields etc.

4. Get 2 more characters in ship research and make sure you will get 2-3 more jedis and at least one extra that can train them.

5. Reduce the cost of the TIE to 2/2 from 3/3.

6. Experiment with the Traitor/Spy Program from the downloads area to better fix your stats. You will be interested to see how fast the AI attacks you and what he will build.

To test start a game and ghater all your assets in one place. Then save. then mod the save and see what the AI will do etc and most improtant look in the fleet pannel and see what he builds. After every status change make at least 6 saves from 6 new games and change them with the Traitor program to see what the AI is doing. etc.

You could also take a look at the stats and changes in the PTESB Mod and more exact the 2.5 version.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Now, this is what I call an excellent post, Cain... :D

Well it is not fully complete. In the PTESB 2.5 the AI builds 11-12 same type buildings - shypiards or const yeards,etc on a single planet etc. I didn't managed to reproduce that now :( on a vanilla swr.

Anyway the ideea is simple : The AI does a lot of stupid things and usually attacks you after he builds TIE/fighter defences and troops garrisons and shields mining rafin etc.

So makeing the initial assets cheap to build and able to build a bit faster for both sides will help him get more speed.

Also he makes a lot of pointless moves and bad fleets (you don't see them) until he makes a good move. Speeding up the ships will get the good move faster and a better game experience.

I do not recomand many non-symetric changes to different ships - you may end up with the AI building excesivlly only one sort of ship type etc.

So any changes to down/costs for fighters/troops/ships should be done from 25% to 50% to all of them not just ones.

If you keep all the changes symetrical and bring costs low enough the AI will attack faster act quicker and be more of a challenge etc. ANd you still have the same feeling or excellent original balance.

I hope it helps.

Now, this is what I call an excellent post, Cain... :D

Here, here! Great post Cain - I'll be trying this out very soon! :D !

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Guest Scathane
Here, here! Great post Cain - I'll be trying this out very soon! :D !
Surely you mean hear, hear!, Krytos? Edited by Scathane

Where do you download the new version 2.5 of PTESB?

Thanks!

I need my SWR account ftp data to upload it (does not seeem to work anymore). Maybe a moderatpr or Evaders can PM me that. Thanks.

Not yet but we will soon move on the swr server so I assume I will have a new ftp account so I will be able to upload.