Hey first time poster lots-a-questions

angelus512

Hey everybody, been playing rebellion on the off and on ever since it was first released.

Love the game, just installed it all over again now because I can't get enough SW at the current time.

Anyways I just have quite a few questinos for you all and having read a few pages of the board they don't seem to be answered or worse yet pose new questions.

1. I've never lost a single game nor do I find it even remotely hard to win. (i play on expert level usually on medium galaxy sometimes small).

I always play Imperial cos the rebels just don't attract me at all. But my point is that i NEVER lose. By the time i've got about oh 7-10 imperial star destroyers built sure the rebels might have a force about the same size or larger but for some obscure reason they seperate that force oftentimes into small easily destroyable groups.

Plus sometimes the rebel fleets just dissapear for the entire game.

One minute i've got an entire sector under siege from say 4 mon cals, and various support ships.

Next 30mins later they've just left the sector and I never ever see that fleet again....ever. And i remember ship names.

Yet having read ur posts it seems most of you play challenging games where the enemy comes at you with big ass fleets etc.

2. In all my games I've played as Imperial side I've only RARELY discovered a force user jedi. Like say 1/100 games played.

Yet you all seem to have this occur to you quite frequently with discovering jedi etc.

3. I've never in my entire time of playing the game had a traitor. Not once. Least not that I know of.

Which begs the question how do you know you have a traitor? And if you don't know but you can DISCOVER a potential traitor what are the signs and ways to do it? I've no idea. And the concept of traitors in the game adds a dimension i'd like.

4. Just generally how come the alliance is so damn dumb. Even on expert by turn 500 say the game is essentially mine and proves not worth playing anymore.

If the alliance hasn't got me on the run or wiped me good by turn 200-300 then i can usually say its on the way out for the rebels.

I mean i remember this one particular game I had just yesterday.

I had 3 core systems. Thats it.

The alliance had 1 core system but almost all the outpost systems mainly for resources and such.

Now i had 2 large fleets

One was

1 SSD

2 ISD2

3 ISD

2 Victory 2

and the other about the same minus SSD.

now with these 2 fleets i just roamed around the galaxy invading planets but not once did i encounter a BIG FAT alliance fleet of overwhelming numbers.

Despite the fact the alliance had like 60% of the galaxy under thumb.

What gives?

And if ur all wondering how i play then its probably the same as all you.

every sector I have has only 4 types of planets.

1 type is just resources and what not thats all

which means every sector has 3 planets that are

1x Shipyard only planet

1x construction only planet

1x troop building planet

and the rest are all just resource planets.

In this manner i can build everything really really really fast.

But i imagine its mostly the way the rest of you play.

But in short, WHY am i winning so damn damn easily and not really having a fight put up AT ALL?

Well, welcome to the world of a sucky AI. It doesn't matter which side you pick (Imperial or Rebel), the AI sucks still the same. When ships (or fleets for that matter) start disappearing, either they're on foolish errands or have been scrapped (low maintenace probably from taking over the resources of the AI). In order to find a Jedi, you have to have them "visit" Darth Vader. If he is helping recruit, then your chances increase significantly as he will find out immediately, but if Palpy does all of your recruiting then you either "have" to send them to Darth Vader, or wait until they cross paths (which may never happen in a game). As for the traitor, same thing applies, Darth Vader has to actually go on missions with them (which is pretty low odds as you'll have to do multiple missions with every character), and then you don't know exactly when someone will go traitor (it could be multiple people, or different people at different times). I would say that most of the other "big battles" you have read about in the forums are usually from RebEd modified games, although it can be done with the "virgin version", it's just alot harder to get it accomplished.

Use RebEd to "enhance" the Rebels abit (experiment, but don't go overboard), and maybe they'll give you a run for your money. Keep us posted :wink:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Go woth Texs' advice, and download RebEd. Use it to lower the overall cost of rebel ships. By doing this, they will have larger fleets for you to play with. Continue to lower the cost value of their ships until they prove to be a very nice challange.

A word of caution, however. Just because you set the cost of a Mon Cal cruiser to 1/1, doesn't always mean they will build huge fleets of them. Sometimes they will only build fleets of 4-5 of them, and will use all their spare points to place huge orders of starfighters or ground troops. Play a few games with each setting to make sure you have real challange every game.

Once their ship building is fast enough to give you a run for your moeny, then start playing with the other settings, like what ships they can build from the start, the overall stats of the characters, and what ships they can learn to build. Eventually, you will find youself fighting a good hard battle just to win over one sector every game.

Take my current game for example. I spent four days real time planning a massive offesive to retake the Seswanna sector from the Rebels. I had fleets prepped, troops ready to land on planets, and starfighters fueled to sacrafice themselves for the cause of the Empire. All of this planning, because the rebels had found it prudent to park several Bulwark cruisers in that sector, each of which could disrupt my plans to take the sector once you included their suport vessels. In the end, I think I suffered a little of 70% casualties all around, and that was just to take that sector. Now I have to take the last six, and I'll win!!!!

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

You lost Coruscant? 8O I always use a pretty much foolproof plan- put good detection troops on the planet, build two gen-cor level twos, two Death Star Shield Generators, one Death Star, and you're good. Oh, yes, and include a couple of good ships for a support fleet in addition to a couple of interdictors. Or else I'm going to guess you were attacked really early in the game?

Oh, yes, and one post to go. :D

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

You lost Coruscant? 8O I always use a pretty much foolproof plan...

If you don't mind loosing the bonus for having the Emperor on Coruscan, there is an even more fool-proof plan to keep the Rebels from catpuring Coruscant, and pretty much from you loosing the game. I suggest you build a Death Star, however instead of leaving it in orbit as a defencive station, use its power and destroy the planet. The Rebels can't capture a floating pile of rock now can they? :lol:

I don't know if this might lead to the game being un-winnable for the Rebels as I haven't tested the stratagem in multiplayer.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Grand_Admiral_Thrawn wrote:

... suggest you build a Death Star, however instead of leaving it in orbit as a defencive station, use its power and destroy the planet. The Rebels can't capture a floating pile of rock now can they? :lol:

I would definitely call that a "no win situation". If playing as the Rebels, you blew up Coruscant so I couldn't win, I would quit the game. What's the point if you don't have a chance to win? :( Even if the odds were a million to one to put a proton torpedoe into an exhaust shaft a meter square, it was still "a chance" :)

Also, for the Empire I bet loyalty would go straight down the crapper 8O

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Nope, I actually tried it once- loyalty goes down no farther than if you blew up any other planets. Anything that you blow immidiately declares neutrality and thus you do not get the "The Rebels have taken Coruscant!" video or degrassion. I tried it once... I won the game :lol:

12/14/07

If you blow up Coruscant, then wouldnt it mean that you can't "Defend Coruscant" and so you couldnt win the game either?

ahem, well, in all honesty I blew the planet up about two thousand days in with a gigantic fleet. About a hundred days later I finally found the rebel HQ and blew the crap out of it. And I was playing a normal game, IE capture Luke, Mon Mothma, and Coruscant.

12/14/07

Hmm... I've never actually tried that on a headquarters game before. I've blown up Coruscant lots of times on the regular game type, normally after the population decides they want the Rebellion to run things.

People of Coruscant: We want the Rebels!

Palpatine: If you will not be turned, you will be destroyed.

*presses com button*

Palpatine: Fire at will Commander.

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/dvd/zs/anh/dsbeam3.jpg

Yes, I lost Coruscant. The rebels caught me slightly off gaurd, and blasted my fleet out of orbit. Considering a natural disaster had ravaged my planetary defences, the planet didn't even put up a fight.

By the way, I just lost it again as of about 10 minutes ago. I spent so much of my resources taking that sector that I couldn't hold it for very long. Thankfully, taking the sector back from me cost them one of their last Bulwarks. So I think it may be time to pull my few SSDs off of gaurd duty, and set them to attack mode.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Hmm... I've never actually tried that on a headquarters game before. I've blown up Coruscant lots of times on the regular game type, normally after the population decides they want the Rebellion to run things. quote]

This makes me want to start up a new headquarters only game and blow the heck out of Coruscant. I wonder if the Empire would automaticly lose. I guess it would have to, seeing how there is no planet left to put forces on. And you can't control a planet simply by having a fleet in orbit around it. Definetly something I will look into...

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

• 3 weeks later...
Well, I tried it out today. And yeah, if you blow away Coruscant on a HQ-only game, you lose automaticly. I had Vader Palpy and Needa on system when I destroyed it. Palpy and Vader escaped to the Death Star, but Needa was killed.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Well, I tried it out today. And yeah, if you blow away Coruscant on a HQ-only game, you lose automaticly. I had Vader Palpy and Needa on system when I destroyed it. Palpy and Vader escaped to the Death Star, but Needa was killed.

Haw haw. :lol::lol::lol:

12/14/07

IF your not playing Headquarters Victory its not exactly an automatic win for rebels becuase IF, they manage to take over coruscant and you decide to blow the planet up while vader and palpy are not on the planet you lose one of your primary objectives and can never get it back but you still have palpy and vader so you basically can play out but you will never win lawl. i did this once. i said the f word when i played out and found out i couldnt win. if im mistakin its probably becuase i havent played that battle for over 5 years now. i love to blow up the planets to get hostages back. i do.... they survive sometimes... lol
Who said life was full of adventure and excitement?

thanks for the welcome! much appreciated and from a seasoned veteran of this community! :D

***Mad grins as his ego is engrossed by Karps comment***

Why thank you.

Anyway hope you stick around. And don't just disappear like so many do.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

i hang out with my counter-strike source buddies usually but as soon as i get my uber-micro back in starwars rebellion i would love to battle all of you.. "all at the same time." pure pwnage joke: FPS_Doug
Who said life was full of adventure and excitement?

All at the same time... On a two player game... I'll take you up on that if you can figure out a way to play the game with about a dozen or more people.... :lol: And welcome to the forums, as has been said... Please don't dissapear from the edge of the world...

12/14/07