Defection

Guest Scathane

Guest Scathane
Does anyone know whether there are factors determining the defection chance for a Rebellion character (apart fromchecking the box "Will not betray his side" in Rebed)?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Scathane

So what you're saying is that all kinds of "bad management" would, or at least COULD attribute to defection chances...

Still, how does the game resolve which particular character defects?

Guest Scathane
There is also a Loyalty factor for each character. You can see this in RebEb. Set it 20 rather than 100 and you'll see that guy defecting all the time...

You mean "defecting every game" or rather "defecting multiple times per game"? I mean, is the latter actually possible?

Guest Scathane
Now it's interesting that you should bring that up... It's been a while (I bought SWR just after its release in, what, 1996?), but, I could swear that I played this game several years ago in which one of my Alliance characters actually changed sides..., or at least that I got some game message that the character in question had betrayed my side or something like that. And..., er..., you know my motto below.....

I think mask reported the same thing happening to him one time. That's two people who may have seen this... :?

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.--Napoleon Bonaparte

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

You get the message when a characters turn treasonous. Only Force-user can pick out traitors.

They say somehting like "TRaitor revealed", then comes that message but they don't switch sides. They simply foil your missions, and give Intelligence, you can retire them or put them on a Galleon and park them at a destroyed planet until your situations gets better.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Scathane
That's it! That's what happened. I remember that I indeed retired the character. I still think, however, that it's pretty lame that these characters can't be court marshalled...

You can always send them on a suicide mission. Put them on a Galleon and send them to a planet that has a large volume of Rebel ships.

~OR~

Send them on a espionage mission to Yavin...from Coruscant. That'll keep em in hyperspace for weeks!

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.--Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman

Support the USA!

Guest Scathane
Nice ideas, I must admit. Nevertheless, I was playing Alliance during the time, so it was actually one of the Alliance characters that was defecting...

Oh, well that's not a problem! Long live the Galactic Empire! :lol:

Support the USA!

Well, I do. And Paul (Grand Moff Conway) only plays the Empire. I think Jahled usually plays the Empire too.

On the Rebel scum side, there's Elvis. He's a hunka-hunka burnin' Rebel! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Support the USA!

Jahled's donuts.... hmmm.........

The only time I had a character betray me was the first time I played Imps, Ozzel, betrayed the location of an Imperial base where I had Darth Vader. He was executed for that.... :twisted:

I play mostly Rebel, but some Imperial conviction still remain. :twisted:

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Scathane
I'm sort of a Rebel-lover myself, although Luke tends to get on my nerves and I think that Mon Mothma's got an attitude problem. The main point for playing Rebel side is that I have the feeling that Luke discovers more future Jedi than Darth Vader does. Beefing up Jedi characters, although time consuming, can be very rewarding... AND, of course, Han Solo's traveling speed is pretty cool!

I tend to play both about equally. I do like playing the rebels because there is a greater variety in the style of their cap ships. They don't all look like cheese wedges.

On the other hand, a fleet of 30-40 assorted cheese wedges does look pretty intimidating...

Guest Scathane
I tend to play both about equally. I do like playing the rebels because there is a greater variety in the style of their cap ships. They don't all look like cheese wedges.

On the other hand, a fleet of 30-40 assorted cheese wedges does look pretty intimidating...

I agree with Glandry: a lot of Empire ships suck bigtime, which is probably exactly why there's much ado about ships cards on this website. I must also admit that a cheese invasion sound spretty sacry. Although I really feel the need for a Darth Gouda in that case (maybe he can borrow Dennis Leary's cheese helmet).

There's something about commanding a fleet of Star Destroyers that does something to the blood....that rumble in the tactical battle....ahaaa....the buzz.... :twisted:
http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif