Happy (Late) Boxing day!

DarthTofu

For those of you who don't know (Or else don't celebrate it) boxing day is a day to celebrate the people who do good for a living, such as the mail man. Why its called boxing day I don't have a clue (I was hoping Krytos might know, being Australian since I think boxing day is Australian...Or possibly British :lol: ) Anyway, it actually occured on the 26th, but I felt like saying "Happy Boxing day!" to everyone, so now I have.

Oh yes, and now I only have two posts to go.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Happy Boxing Day! (to those that celebrate it. Hopefully you don't have to "punch" anybody out 8O . Maybe it's a gag where you "box" your drunk buddies and ship them somewhere via FedEx, DHL, UPS, etc :) )
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Man Tofuties, you'll do anything for a cheap post :lol: (as will I, as long as it involves jeering at you!)

*Sniff* I know! But I think that Boxing day is a good holiday to celebrate. Honestly, how often do you tell the paper boy (Or girl) "Good job, thank you so much for doing this! You save me a trip to the paper presses!" or tell your mail man thanks, or your milk man (Assuming that somebody here has a milkman). Hmm? 'Cause personally I'm going to start celebrating boxing day from now on. So there.

Oh, yes, and ONE THOUSAND POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know, in case you weren't already keeping count or something :D

12/14/07

But how many people really "celebrate" Boxing Day? The whole point has been lost. Now it's just another day that the average Joe has to work (albeit at time and a half instead of just regular pay) while consumers flock into the stores to save fifty cents on their next bra or shirt. It's just the next money grab after Christmas to get your hard-earned money.

I'll celebrate New Years, but not Boxing Day.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Personally my idea of boxing day is going to be to show appreciation in different ways. For instance, giving those minimum-wage workers an extra tip, or some little joking gift to show that you care... and to save fifty cents on my next bra. I like to feel pretty. What? You got a problem with that? :x:):D:lol::wink:

12/14/07

Thank you for showing me that people with a high post count don't necessarily constitute the most mature people on the forums :roll:

Seriously though, good job. Keep this up and you'll pass even Trej.

Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

Everyone needs a good money grab every now and then. It's all part of getting rid of the excess stuff that the retailers didn't sell before Christmas. Now they have to unload all of it any way possible to make room in their storage centers.

Everyone knows what that means...

DISCOUNT PRICES!

Heck yeah! Now I can get all of those Christmas presents that my relatives wouldn't get me because they were too expensive. Like 1GB Jump Drives, and Music CD's by groups nobody's ever heard of.

Thank you for showing me that people with a high post count don't necessarily constitute the most mature people on the forums :roll:

Seriously though, good job. Keep this up and you'll pass even Trej.

Excuse me ATA but I think you may have meant to post this in the "Being Promoted in the forums" thread :wink: ... Or i may be wrong :?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

I was hoping Krytos might know, being Australian since I think boxing day is Australian...Or possibly British :lol:

Afraid not. Whilst we know of it, and use it as an excuse to have another day off - the true reasons behind boxing day eludes me, and all those I've ever asked.

Granted, I've only asked a few people over the years - as over the years it merely seemed as another day that I figured everyone knew of.

Anyway, after some delving into the topic - it appears that there are many "reasons" for boxing day. However, this seems to be the most appropriate:

The day after Christmas, the Feast of St. Stephen, the first Christian martyr, is better known as Boxing Day. The term may come from the opening of church poor boxes that day; maybe from the earthenware boxes with which boy apprentices collected money at the doors of their masters' clients.

Nowadays, we often see, in certain families, gifts (boxes) given to those who provide services throughout the year.

Apart from that, there's the boxing day Cricket match :roll:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

I thought Boxing Day was a Canadian holiday anyways. Unless my precious Simpsons calander has led me astray yet again...

What, Homer Simpson get something wrong? Unthinkable! :lol:

As for thinking that Krytos, as an Australian, would somehow have hereditary knowledge of Boxing day, that was based on asking my friend who used to live in Australia about it and her knowing enough about it to give me what I typed. :lol:

12/14/07