PS2 RPGs

Darth_Rob

I got a bunch of PS2 games for Christmas (finally got Star Wars Legos and Battlefront 2), but I did not get any RPGs. And I love to always be working on an RPG. So I was wondering which RPGs my fellow PS2ers on here would recommend? My personal favorites are FF VII, FF Tactics, Kingdom Hearts, and the entire Suikoden series (which is so freaken awesome!!!).

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Hm, I have to recommend Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. If you can find it, its absolutely worth whatevewr you have to pay for it.

If you played Disgaea, then you need to get La Pucelle Tactics, Phantom Brave, and Makai Kingdom. Preferably in that order since the characters make cameo appearances much like in Suikoden.

A little way down the list is the Wild Arms series. WIld Arms 1 was recently remade into Wild Arms Alter Code: F. This is a pretty standard RPG as far as story goes, but the villains are great and you actually use guns.

If you have a dreamcast or a Gamecube, you must get Skies of Arcadia. Its on par with FFVII in terms of the overall fun factor.

If you can find it, Vanguard Bandits for the PS1 is a great game, if a little old. Next to Disgaea, its my favorite SRPG. A strategy game with giant mechs, a villain who speaks in Eurotrash, and 5 different story branches. Not to mention a beautiful translation by Working Designs.

Get some of those. THey'll keep you busy.

Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

If you have a dreamcast or a Gamecube, you must get Skies of Arcadia. Its on par with FFVII in terms of the overall fun factor.

Nods heead feverantly to show that yes, this is deffinately one of the best games ever made.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I have heard of Baulder's Gate, but not the ones that ATA mentioned. Are these games I can find in the states, and are they in English? I know a lot of the odd-named RPG games come from Japan complete with Japanese writing as opposed to English, and unfortunatly I failed my Japanese class last year due to the fact that I had a case of the moaning toes.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Baldur's Gate is a Bioware game (the best of Bioware's games) set in D&D's Forgotten Realms.

You can find the Baldur's Gate Trilogy (Composed of Baldur's Gate[bGI] and its X-Pack Tales of the Sword Coast[TotSC], Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn[soa] and it's X-Pack Throne of Bhaal[ToB]). Before you wonder, it's called a Trilogy because of BGI, SoA, and ToB are different parts of the Trilogy, TotSC adds nothing but a dungeon.

Graphically it may seem outdated, 2D, isometric view, but it beats the hell out of newer games in terms of storyline and addictive gameplay...

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

All of the games I mentioned are in the US, and in english, many with voice acting (also in english). You can find most of them at your local Gamestop or other video game specialty, but good luck finding them in Walmart or Target.
Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

Disgaea is one of the best games I've ever played. Sure, you can't find it for less than 50 dollars and its out of print, but the characters are hilarious, the story is great, and you can power level up all the way to 9,999 and fight Uber Prinny Baal, the penguin of doom.