50 Bulwark vs. 50 SSD

Mitth_raw_nuruodo

I was palying head to head w/ a friend, we decided to divide the galaxy in half and have a giant battle. 50 Bulwarks, fully loaded w/ fighters (I think it was decided 65-35 split between B- and X-wings (A-wings die too fast vs Defenders)) vs. 50 SSD's also fully loaded w/ fighters (purely Defenders as I recall). For the first 2 min. it was just fighters closing the distance between the fleets. for the next 3-4 the fighters were carving eachother up. Then the capital ships got into it. EVERY volley a ship would die. After about 10 ships on either side died things really started to slow down. The B-wings did a LOT of damage to the SSD's. when fleets were down to about 20% health (10 capital ships for those who dont wanna think) it was decided NOT to wait the half hour that it would take to finish out the slug-fest, so one of us ran (can't remember who, it was whoever DIDN'T own the host system). It's a good way to play if you like seeing lots of powerful ships blow up really fast.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

...Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't 50 Dauntless class cruisers do better against 50 SSDs than 50 Bulwarks? You really should have gotten your head handed to you in that battle seeing as SSDs can hold many tiems more fighters than almost anything the Rebels have in addition to packing more heat than anything short of a Death Star.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

He had the advantage where fighters are concerned though. Defenders might cost the most, but they're not really that effective against other fighters. Had those SSDs been loaded with TIE Interceptors with some TIE Bombers the case would have been different. The Rebels really had an advantage because of the B-Wings.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

The battle was played repeatedly using different fighter combinations...it was decided B- and X-wings bc of B-wing capital ship attack supported by X-wings bc of their defensive capabilities (it's a lot harder to kill an X-wing than it is an A- or Y-wing). My friend just likes the Defender too much to be willing to try anything new.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

The dauntless doesnt have anywhere near enough firepower to take on an SSD, so even w/ the extra fighters, idve still been screwed

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

The dauntless doesnt have anywhere near enough firepower to take on an SSD, so even w/ the extra fighters, idve still been screwed

Okay, did you get a poster with your copy of Rebellion tha ttells you the stats of everything in the game? If not, you cn just use the galactic encyclopedia. Look at the Bulwark's stats. Now look at the Dauntless's stats. A dauntless has the firepower to take on anything short of an SSD that the Imps through at you single handedly. A bulwark wouldn't survive against in Imp Star II

12/14/07

Okay, did you get a poster with your copy of Rebellion tha ttells you the stats of everything in the game? If not, you cn just use the galactic encyclopedia. Look at the Bulwark's stats. Now look at the Dauntless's stats. A dauntless has the firepower to take on anything short of an SSD that the Imps through at you single handedly. A bulwark wouldn't survive against in Imp Star II

Ah, wrong way around Tofu. The Dauntless is the Rebels equivalent warship of the ISD mk II, though over all weaker and carries only 4 fighter squads.

The Bulwark Battlecruiser is the Rebels attempt at having a ship that can take on an SSD. It is by far their most powerful warship, and carries 10 squadrons of fighters.

Check the online Encyclopedia here for the Dauntless and here for the Bulwark, if you disagree.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

huh... I could've sworn that the bulwark battle cruiser was one of the weaker ships... That's really weird... That expalins why I kept losing all those games when I played as the Rebels, though... :oops:

12/14/07

Fighters mean everything in a fight, 2 Fleet Carriers carrying B-Wings > one SSD carrying TIE Fighters

This is true, but I'd still want to have a 3rd and/or 4th Carrier w/ X-Wings, just to keep the B-Wings safe.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

In the case of the SSD's what you really need are just a few Tie Defender Squadrons. At the start of the battle the Defenders draw the attention of the Rebel fighters long enough to launch Interceptors which cause real problems for X-wings.

With the X-wings eliminated early by combined fire from the Interceptors and the SSD's the Bulwarks would find temselves outclassed by the SSD'd superior (*Checks stats* wait when did the Bulwark get that many Turbo lasers?) by the SSD's superior shielding and repair abilities.

It'd still be semi-close though.

EDIT: Man had to finish that up faster then I had planned.

1 SSD vs 1 Bulwark, no Admirals, no fighters, just ship against ship, the SSD should win. Their Shields are slightly stronger, they've got slightly better weaponry.

You do make a good point about the fighters tho.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

1 SSD vs 1 Bulwark, no Admirals, no fighters, just ship against ship, the SSD should win. Their Shields are slightly stronger, they've got slightly better weaponry.

You do make a good point about the fighters tho.

2 points to make: 1) "Though" is spelled with an extra "U", "G", and "H" which you failed tot ack onto the end. :lol: 2) There is always a certain amount of random stuff that can take place. The ****ing shields can always fall early, regardless of what you're facing. I once had an SSD against two Nebulan Bs and a CC7700 or something (I think I had an interdicter as well). Long story short, I blew the crap out of the B wings, but not before they could damage my SSD's shields to something like 1/2 efficiency, just because of the randomness.

12/14/07

The CC7700 is the interdictor for the Rebs, but while randomness is something of an issue (which is why damage control on the MonCal is so great), I agree that the SSD should be able to take the Bulwark in a ship-vs-ship battle. I also believe that the Bulwark can take the SSD with both of them full of fighters, since the Reb fighters are so much better than the Empire fighters. I mean come on, I had a carrier full of X-wings defeat the Judicator and the starting TIE group. I realize that Defenders are great but A-wings can clean them out in a fight, from what I've seen.
Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

A-wings are fine if you wanna constantly replace fighters. The X-wing is sooo much more resilient. B-wings are what you wanna use against capital ships. Y-wings are what you use before you get B-wings.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"