NO CD Question (desprate)

yuckypants

I was looking to play rebellion again found my old CD scratched to high heaven. I have the game installed on my computer and I thinked I F'ed the EXE trying to remove the CD PROECTION (and being a newbie I did not create a back up). Anyway know how to find a NO CD Crack EXE for rebellion. I miss the game ohh so much.

Yuckpants

"I find your lack of pants desturbing."

Ok, this is not directed at yuckypants, but because this topic is the most recent of the bunch I felt the need to post here.

At least once every two weeks we get people in here asking for no CD cracks, CD clones or full installs for Rebellion, each with a similar story: "My CD is scratched beyond use", "I lost my CD", "My CD broke on vacation" (this is the strangest of all in my opinion). Now, I do not, in any way, speak for the administrators of this fine web-site, but I want to get this off my chest: CD cracks are of questionable legality because they allow people who do not own the game to play it without buying it. It is impossible to verify that you, the poster, do in fact own the game. Without putting itself at risk of legal action, this website cannot provide, in any form, a file or piece of information that might allow the infringment of LucasArts' copyright.

Now, if someone wants to answer these requests using private messages, I guess that's ok, but soloutions or links really shouldn't (can't?) be posted here on the forums. I'm just really tired of seeing these threads because too many people will try to get something for nothing (not pointing fingers here, just stating it). It might be good if one of the Moderators made a stickey covering this topic so that we can see an end to the constant crack requests.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I took my CD on business trips to Switzerland (though overseas flights are sooooo long; and I had an extra battery for my laptop! :D ). Maybe he's (or she) is really into Rebellion? :?

Lucas has the game in stock again (let me quickly check on that ... ... well, currently out of stock but shipping again in January). Just spend the $30+ and get a whole new setup if you like it that much. I'm almost tempted to buy one just to have a pristine backup (although I think my copy is substandard, i.e. the Empire never builds Death Stars :( when I play the Rebels, and if Han ever gets captured nobody ever comes to rescue him no matter what side I play :? ).

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

If you have the CD, then you can buy a Disk Doctor to fix it up. Its worked wonders on my PS2 DVDs. Try it.

Chances are if you have the CD, you can still do the "explore" option in your HD, regardless of how scratched it is. Just go in there and copy everything, including the MDATA folder and put it into the rebellion directory.

YOU DO NOT NEED A NO-CD PATCH TO PLAY THIS GAME! COPY THE MDATA FOLDER!

Sorry, but I've been saying this for a while and no one listens to me. I know what I'm talking about here. I'll explain:

Rebellion doesn't use a typical form of protection to prevent using the game without the cd, like newer games do. Instead, the "full install" doesn't install all the necessary files onto the computer. Everything but the MDATA folder is put in your computer, so once you put that folder on your computer everything works. Do that.

You know, we're already modding the games and putting new programs and stuff in it. Couldnt we just host the MDATA folder in a .zip form so that anyone who really DOES have the game but loses the cd can just download it from us? That would put an end to this.

Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

Did ToguroAni say something? I wasn't listening for the umpteenth time :) Sorry, had to do it. So, yeah, now that we have scared Mr. Yuckypants for life... :P Anyway, ya, that would be kinda cool if we could do that for the game... and maybe get a sticky up so that people will see it and be like, "Oh, okay, I'll just do this to fix my problem" or else be aware that this stuff doesn't come free!!!!

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Scathane

However charmed I am by ToguroAni's suggestion, SWR cannot host such a file as the suggested one on our site. LucasArts would undoubtedly and, quite correctly, regard this as an infringement on their copyright.

Post locked, sorry guys.