Help, its the end of the world

Epton

hey i have been playing SWR for years, and recently, on a trip broke my CD, what can i do??? am i doomed to not play without purchasing again? or is there a crack or something around

please help

if you've already done a full install, there is a no-cd crack around here somewhere. If you didn't do a full install, then you're out of luck, legally.

Honestly, there are torrents out there if you look for them, but we can't recommend using them because thats illegal.

Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

Man with that end of the world header I thought you were going to be talking about that asteroid that may or may not hit us in 2036 depending on which way it skips off the atmosphere in 2029.

:lol:

Has anyone ever thought of buying up a stockpile of copies of Rebellion? Setting up a paypal system with the site here to cordinate possible distribution of copies of the game? Just a thought. I know Evaders probably doesn't need something else to complicate the site with.

• SWR Staff - Executive

... I do not have any kind of money to stockpile games.

If we had significant amount of $ donated, we could possibly buy copies at a bulk rate and sell them to members here. BUT we don't have that kind of money to start with

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

... I do not have any kind of money to stockpile games.

If we had significant amount of $ donated, we could possibly buy copies at a bulk rate and sell them to members here. BUT we don't have that kind of money to start with

You sure? We could do a bake sale...Yard sale... :) Man, I'm immpressed that this topic wasn't closed off. Usually these types are closed almost immidiately! But as far as I know all a broken CD will do for you is make your computer make a lot of noise, try to spin the broken CD, and lock it into the drive. :evil: ...Took a flathead screwdriver to get that disk out... So what end of the world were you talking about, there, D16? I haven't heard about this.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

5 Feb 05 S&T: ASTEROID 2004 MN4: A REALLY NEAR MISS - a 320m diameter rock will pass within 30,000km of the Earth on Friday 13 April 2029. Since the Earth travels at about 1800km/minute around the Sun a "miss" of 30,000km represents 15 minutes in the least favourable configuration (Earth moves one radius in 3.33 minutes). A 320m asteroid is not particularly "huge" but if it hit it would create a 6km wide crater and flatten buildings out to about 100km.

On 18 December, the object was rediscovered by Gordon Garradd at Siding Spring in New South Wales., Australia. This raised an alert among astronomers who, fortunately, now know that it will miss the Earth in 2029. But it will come back to haunt us in subsequent centuries.

Gordon was a member of Spaceguard Australia, which was disbanded in 1996 when Australian government funding was stopped. In frustration NASA has partly funded his important work.

http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/risk/a99942.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_MN4

She's small enough that I figure we can just smack her with a bunch of nukes at the last second if we need to. :wink: Maybe a penetrating nuclear device, like a bunker buster.

...Somebody's been watching Armagedon too many times :wink: That's what I figure- we can just stick a nuke on our own rocke tor something, send it out on an intercept course set to detonate when it gets close enough, poof, goodbye asteroid... Or else Hello several more, smaller, asteroids. :wink:

12/14/07

Defender_16 wrote:

... A 320m asteroid is not particularly "huge" but ...

... we can just smack her with a bunch of nukes at the last second if we need to. ...

A standard 200 kiloton warhead has a destructive radius of approximately 5 miles (8 km). So, depending on "how near" the warhead got to the 320m "rock" (and depending on its composition - rock? iron? whatever?), it could be totally vaporized, or create a mini-radioactive-meteor shower.

The only problem with waiting until the last second, is the longer you wait, the closer it gets to Earth. The EMP from the blast would wipe out communications and any electronic device in a large area (an instant time displacing event guaranteed to put you back into the stone age). Of course letting it "hit" would be worse. This thing would need to be blown up far away from Earth, which is not quite in the range (or job description) of your average ICBM (mods would definitely be required).

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

How exactly did this go from a user looking for a new (and for some reason, illegal) copy of Rebellion to talking about asteroids and nukes?

With regards to the original topic, why is it that we have so many topics looking for CD cracks or CD images or burned copies? We do not support those sorts of things here. If you want the game, buy it from Ebay or Lucasarts.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I was under the impression that we did support no-cd cracks provided that the owner has the original game.

To that end, I remind everyone that you don't need a no-cd crack for this game. "Full Install" puts everything you need on the computer HD except the MDATA folder. If you copy that folder to your Rebellion directory, you will be able to play the game without the cd.

Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

Sorry for my irrelevant post guys, 8O but I have to say this.....That's one hell of an avatar DarthTofu!! Really cool pic.. Where did u get it?

" The darkside? I've been there! Do your worst!.. " - Kyle Katarn

"Why do I sense we've picked up another pathetic life-form?" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

http://img148.exs.cx/img148/6299/shuttle8xc.gif

I'd claim that I made it and was as adept at doing artistic things with computers as almost everyone else on the site seems to be, but then I would be lying. I stole it off of someone's image folder from http://www.redvsblue.com I randomly look at people's image banks. Some of the stuff is funny, most is perverted( :roll: Of course I don't look at the perverted stuff), and some is just randomly stupid.

12/14/07

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Scathane
I was under the impression that we did support no-cd cracks provided that the owner has the original game.
Right. And since we have no way of verifying whether or the poster in question actually owns the CD, we don't really support it.

Consider this, though.

If you download the file from a torrent, you'll get the MDATA folder anyway, so no need for a No-CD patch. If you need the no-cd patch, you must have had the game disk at some point.