The EAW Demo

Cain

Radeon X300 suck I don't think you will be able to play. If you can it would be all low settings

Not sure where you're getting this info B&R, but the x300 might be the bottom of the line ATI new gen cards - but it's still a descent card.

And seeing that the game needs only a very old G3 (Thus no shaders, and a very low power GPU by today's standards), it's more dependant on the RAM on the card, which the x300 has double of the required amount (even if the system uses the poorer performing x300 SE).

It would be able to handle the game easily, and as the game utilises shaders and requires a high amount of video card RAM, you'd be able to run the game with better effects and at a descent resolution - 800x600 or 1024x768 (without AA or high AF)

Bottom line:

The graphics card will be fine, as will the rest of the the system to run the game, and probably on/around the medium graphics settings.

Of course, this is all hypothetical until the game is actually released and we can see how dependant it is on the video card, shaders, and the PC's CPU and RAM.

But, I'd say you're fine with the system you've got Tofu

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Remember folks, just because it's a new game doesn't mean it will push the limits of graphic technology. I think that as long as you have a Radeon 9800 or better you can run this game with high graphics.

Also remember that some games have problems with next-gen graphics cards. For example, I've been told that I can't play Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on my computer because the X850 is for some reason incompatable with the game (as is any other card in the xXXX series, or anything in the 6000+ for nVidia). For all we know us next-geners might have to wait for a patch or driver update from our GPU manufacturers.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I can sympathie with you, GAT. I bought CSI Dark Motives for my compy a long time ago (New, at $50 'cause i was stupid) and as a direct result of my video being both barely capable of running the game and incompatible with it I had several moments in the game, usually spaced 15 minutes apart or so in which the text all dissapeared. :evil:

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Official :

The minimum comp specs you'll need to run Empire at War:

-Computer: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible computer

-CPU: Intel Pentium III 1.0 GHz or AMD Athlon 1.0 GHz

-Operating System: Windows 2000, Windows XP

-Ram: 256MB

-Graphics Card: 32 MB graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting(T&L) capability

-Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible, PCI or Onboard Audio Device

-Internet: 56kbps or faster connection (required for multiplayer only)

PS. Also the demo should be out in a matter of days I assume.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/22056131/Images/2/80-C1V110-E101__1.jpg

Features