screen shots

DarthTofu

How do you make a screen shot of a game or program? I got really bored in drafting and made a semi-sweet looking avatar-thing, but I have no clue how to upload it out of AutoCAD inventor.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

*Searches all over for "Print Screen Button"*

Aha! There it is! Tricky little bugger, hiding like that and all! Alright, thanks, amigo.

12/14/07

Yeah... too bad the ****ing school is a bunch of pansies that won't let you use paint... On the upside I'm in robotics, so I can get a copy of it for free provided I don't try to sell anything I build on it.

12/14/07

Strange that they'd stop you using paint . . . but then again, my highschool did as well after some - ah, let's say incidents.

Still, being a CAD program I'd assume it would have some capability to output it's work. Have you asked you teacher whether they know of a way to save the work as another file type such as JPEG - or if you're really desperate, print the work and then scan it in. If it's for an avatar, any loss of quality will be neglagable and barely noticable.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Yeah, well, I can still get the program in a couple of days or weeks or whatever... We're allowed to make nine (9) copies of AutoCad Inventor for the educational version... Only catch is that you have to download all of the program directly to your hardrive since we have all of one (1) disk with the software to go around... :roll:

12/14/07

Blehch, don;t use your schools version of CAD. More then likely, they have a dumbed down bunk version.

Look online, and snag a torrent for the latest CAD program. That what I do every year to stay on top of all the updates.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Nope, not a dumbed down version at all... At least according to the teacher. And all I'm doing with it is designing a digital frame for our robot, so I don't have to worry about it being too dumbed-down... Oh, yeah, and torrenting is illeagle, young man, what's wrong with you that would make you download it? :)

12/14/07

What does "torrenting" have to do with sick birds? Oh, you meant "illegal" not " ill eagle", like against the law. :?

*** mumbling *** (Young whipper snappers can't spell now-a-days :roll: ).

Anyway, some of the "educational versions" are full retail versions, but if you ever print anything, the borders of your "print" have a message stating this was printed using "educational software". Not very professional if trying to "use the software on the cheap" to try and get a professional job/project for $. :evil:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Some of us young whipper snappers make typos on occassion. But still, we don't go around making fawcks pawckses at every social event :wink: (Its Faux Pau when spelled correctly, pronounce "fau pay" and is a French word for a social blunder :) )

12/14/07

DarthTofu wrote:

Some of us young whipper snappers make typos on occassion.

As long as "on occassion" doesn't become "the norm", otherwise it's pure laziness.

But still, we don't go around making fawcks pawckses at every social event :wink: (Its Faux Pau when spelled correctly, pronounce "fau pay" and is a French word for a social blunder :) )

What do you mean "we"? You got a rat in your pocket or something? :lol:

In Texas it's pronounced *** with Texan drawl *** "Foe Pa" :lol:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

We refers to all young whipper snappers. Your previous post mentioned, and I quote "Young whipper snappers can't spell now-a-days" snappers Plural!

12/14/07

Oh, yeah, and torrenting is illeagle, young man, what's wrong with you that would make you download it? :)

Besides the fact that I am a cheap bastard? The easy answer is that pirates are cool, and I want to be one.

Then I realise that I am one, and a smile happily as I download yet another program that catches my fancy.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

"Foe Pa"

Yeah that's how we pronounce it here too. Though without the Texan accent of course.

(Is getting totally off topic)

There was an articale in National Geographic on how regional accents in North America are intensifying with time instead of being erased by television as had previously been anticipated.

There's a nifty colour coded map of the different accent locations which fades out once you get into the Western areas because they haven't been settled as long.

(The only way somone can tell me apart from my father over the phone is through accent, as he grew up about +100km north of were I'm from. Different river valley, slightly different accent.)

*We now return to the main topic. *

Isn't MS Paint standard on most computers (that use Windows)?

***Mad steps in to show of since he speaks french***

it is written "faux pas". And it translates as wrong step. It means that you commit a mistake.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

For not having spell check I'd say I did pretty darn good with "Faux pau" :D ...So does this mean that French is the official language of the Swiss? I never knew, I always assumed you guys spoke...umm...Swiss...Whatever the hell "Swiss" would sound like if it were a language... I'll shut up now and rock in my own little corner.

12/14/07

There are three languages spoken in Switzerland:

-French

-Swiss german

-Italian

-Romanche

French is spoken in the west of switzerland. Italian in the south and germand everywhere else. Romanche could be also called Swiss. Its only spoken in one area and by few people.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

YAY! I was right! All my life they called me crazy, claimed there was no such language as Swiss, but I beat them all, now! HAHAHA! No one's ever gonna call ME crazy again! Sorry, had to throw the Holloway line in there... Oh, right, nobody's seen Cube on this site. :evil: Great movie with lots of Canadian accents for D16 :lol: "The X coordinate is 15, the Y coordinate is 23, and Zed is 26. We're at an edge!" :lol:

12/14/07

BadSamaritan wrote:

Besides the fact that I am a cheap bastard? The easy answer is that pirates are cool, and I want to be one.

Then I realise that I am one, and a smile happily as I download yet another program that catches my fancy.

BS, are a follower of the great flying spaghetti? Most of the followers believe they're descendents of pirates, and that pirates will rule!

Mad78 wrote:

There are three languages spoken in Switzerland:

-French

-Swiss german

-Italian

-Romanche

:?

Three languages? ...

1 - French

2 - Swiss German

3 - Italian

4 - Romanche

So, three does equal four! 8O

(now, back to our regulary scheduled topic)

If you use the "Print Screen" key, you can use any graphics program to "paste" into. You can always load something from "floppy" (if enabled) are from a flash drive (if able). Worse comes to worst, do a "paste" in Microsoft Word, then copy it out so you can use it (the graphic) at a different computer (with a good graphics program). I can't vouch for the quality though :? .

I was just "ribbing" you MAD :wink: . I've been to Switzerland 8) and knew what you meant. I made the comment mostly for those who haven't "traveled the world" :lol:

Although I'm using computers for years, I didn't know about that "Print Screen" button :D I was always wondering what that button was for... I usually used programs like FRAPS and other. Cool trick!

" The darkside? I've been there! Do your worst!.. " - Kyle Katarn

"Why do I sense we've picked up another pathetic life-form?" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

http://img148.exs.cx/img148/6299/shuttle8xc.gif