resolution problems in XP pro SP 2..and some other probs

kkohler

Question

OK......

I just installed rebellion after FINALLY getting another copy of it...i bought it when it was released and about a month ago began to remember the fond memories of how well the game played...But i have XP SP 2!

IT DID INSTALL...and then when i run it...it goes fullscreen but only plays in a tiny tiny tiny portion of my monitor, while the rest of the monitor remains black. so i guess my question is how the hell can I change the screen resolution of the game?

Also it seems like the game keeps trying to load crap from the CD (i did a maximum install) and it takes forever to read the cd...can anyone help me with this..it would be greatly appreciated!

-kkohler

1 answer to this question

Hi Kkholer,

I had the same problem running SWR on my laptop, also with SP2 and Win XP etc. I don't think the problem is SP2 related, as my housemate's laptop and my desktop both run SWR fine with SP2 installed.

I wound up fixing the problem on my laptop by installing an appropriate driver from omegadrivers.net. The new driver gave me a scaling option with which I could expand applications to fit the screen. Keep in mind I'm also running on a widescreen.

If you're using a laptop, then this may work for you too. If you're using a desktop, i believe there are simlar drivers to the Omega, designed for desktops, but you'd need to hunt them down.

Hope this helps. Best of luck with it!