i won my first campaign today

Tacticusarat

Question

I won my first campaign today playing in the small map of the galaxy. I started off this game with the allies, I kept getting crushed by the star destroyers so I just decided to switch over to the empire to see if it would make a difference..then I saw the alliance had the advantage of diplomacy and people to research technologies so I started playing as the alliance a few days ago.

I noticed that the most important things are the shipyards, so I got about 10 recon y-wings and sent them all over the place. I got all the planets with shipyards to join me and started pumping out ships like a maniac. I guess my most important and powerful planet was Mon Calamari, the surrounding planets where pumping out a lot of stuff too so I decided to create a fleet for Mon Calamari.

The empire tried to get me first but I kicked them out, then when I had that fleet, I built another one(at this point I had a lot of planets that where "uknown" due to the exploration missions, I got transports from Yavin and started dropping off soldiers everywhere). Once I had a second fleet(very large) I started to attack the empire where it had it's shipyards. I just kept pumping out ships everywhere. Then Luke,Leia and Chewbacca got captured, out of no where they attacked obra skai and Chewbacca and Wedge got killed in the process.

I pulled off a rescue mission and got them back..while I did that, they attacked another planet and got Mon Mothma and Dodona. While this happened I was pumping out ships to land an assault on Coruscant. First assault was made out of about 7-8 Corellian gunships,2 mon calamari cruisers,4 corellian corvettes and a few bulk cruisers. One star destroyer arrived..as well as a bunch of small cruisers and about 20 tie interceptors. I got crushed but I mannaged to bring down a few of the cruisers with me and killed a few Imperial characters in the process.

Second assault was like 3 times bigger and I had more advanced ships and I mannaged to pull it off and captured Vader and Palpatine right there..

Now: time to play the second bigger map and see how it goes

Oh My God! You killed Chewbacca! You bastard! Sorry, had to say that South Park line- I thought Chewie couldn't die? Oh, and congrats on the campaign.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Congratulations. As you get more knowledgable about the game "nuances" and other tactics/strategies, you'll have alot more fun and sense of accomplishment.
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Being a Grand Moff I of course only play as the Empire. In fact I have never played as the rebel scum, so I have a question. How can you win with Mon Mothma a prisoner? I know as the Empire you are supposed to protect Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine.-Grand Moff Conway

Oh My God! You killed Chewbacca! You bastard! Sorry, had to say that South Park line- I thought Chewie couldn't die? Oh, and congrats on the campaign.

Oh yes. That hairy beast is not consider a main character, so he can fry!

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Yeah... I personally wish that all of the characters could die- 'd make for a conciderably more intensive gameplay- the head of the Rebellion's been chopped off- how do you react as loyalty plummits? Or the most powerful force wielder in the galaxy just died- how do you continue to command your Empire? :twisted:

12/14/07

Yeah I'm positive leia died, it's only luke,Mothma, Vader, and Palpy who can't die.

This is incorrect. The five major characters are unkillable. It's in the game's programming.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

My Intercepter was quicker... :)

But in all respect to newbies not understanding elements of the game; if you use the RebEd tool you will swiftly understand which are 'major' characters, and thus immune from being killed, and which are not.

I hope this saves newbies from expending to many Nogri on fruitless assasination missions.... Solo doesn't ever die.

Solo doesn't ever die.

Oh boy, here we go again... There was a topic a while back where someone managed to kill Solo when trying to take Coruscant- the enemy had a death star or something and Han supposedly died. Don't know how, but he did. I'll have to check questions from newbies for it...

12/14/07

Yeah I'm positive leia died, it's only luke,Mothma, Vader, and Palpy who can't die.

This is incorrect. The five major characters are unkillable. It's in the game's programming.

5? Or is it 6???

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

5? Or is it 6???

:? Yes, well, umm.. knowing how to count is ...err... over-rated...

I've had both Solo and Leia die before. It seems the only characters that are impossible to kill are those that are objectives (Mon Mothma, Luke, Palpy, and Vader).

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Uugh. :x Chewy is normally the first of my characters the get killed in any campaign. The only time he doesn't get killed off really is when I've changed somone out for Corran Horn.

A standard invasion of Coruscant:

Luke: Oh my Force! They killed Corran!

Han: Those Sithspawn!

Mon Mothma: What's with all the swearing about?

Jan: Could somone please take down the shield generators?

Madine: I'm still captured you know.

Borsk: Hurry up and capture the planet so I can turn them to my- er OUR cause.

Vader: Luke, *I* am your father.

Luke: No, that's not true! That would make ME the Sithspawn! That's impossible!

Vader: Search your feelings, you know it to be true!

Luke: NOOOOO!!!!

Corran: I'm still dead here guys. Can we load a save game?

you know, I wonder if Solo and Leia really can die. After all, I had a game where Mothma was a traitor. We've always believed that the major characters won't betray you, and yet there she was.

Extensive tests can say that there is a slim probability, but if its a random chance hard-coded into the game, then maybe we just got unlucky.

Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

you know, I wonder if Solo and Leia really can die. After all, I had a game where Mothma was a traitor. We've always believed that the major characters won't betray you, and yet there she was.

Extensive tests can say that there is a slim probability, but if its a random chance hard-coded into the game, then maybe we just got unlucky.

...And I quote from the manual "Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Luke, and Mon Mothma will never betray you."...Okay, so I quote it from fractured memory, but still... That's wierd. Who told you she was a traitor(Sp? brain=dead on break)?

12/14/07

see my topic "Unlikely Traitor" under the Rebellion editing forum. I've posted screenshots, and tested this. Anyone who wants to check the file for themselves is welcome to it. I'll just email you the savegame.
Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.