Supremacy obsessive

red05

Hi chaps,

just thought I'd say hello as I have just joined.

I am glad I found this forum, thank got Im not the only nutter who still plays this game, I was starting to get worried.

Is there anyway of upping the resolution?

red

p.s.

none of u guys call it supremacy? must be an england thing.

People who try and act clever piss me off

• SWR Staff - Executive

Something about the British not liking 'rebellions'... the American Revolution comes to mind.. :)

(I'm kidding of course)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

lol

Jahled you could add your 2 cents here, I really would like to hear your oppinion too :D Could be, that there was already some game named Rebellion in the UK. But I think there was a game called Supremacy too.

Yes they were renamed to hero turtles. I'm wondering what british people have against ninjas :evil: grrr

Something about the censorship laws in England. I heard the Teenage Mutant Nija Turtles is called Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles in England for the same reason.

It was renamed, but I think by the authorities to 'protect' kids from having what they percieved as 'assassins' as their heros.

Something about the British not liking 'rebellions'... the American Revolution comes to mind..

(I'm kidding of course)

This is probably true as far as sensitivity on the part of Lucasarts, especially when you consider the IRA were still fighting their 'rebellion' when the game was released.

..which is why it seems a mystery why it was marketed in the rest of Europe as Supremecy as well....

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Come to think of it, Rebellion doesn't even make too much sense for the game since you can play as the Empire. Then you crush the Rebellion as opposed to leading it.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Guest JediIgor
Supremacy makes a lot of sense too though, especially because the Rebels have an equal chance of winning the war without having to resort to dirty tactics.

It should be Rebellion, since the Rebel Alliance side is the faction all of us choose (except Paul)

Sorry, but I also perfer the empire.

Assassinating rebels and freely bombarding planets and building death stars > Silly rebel "Think of the children" tactics.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

No, think of the children tactics can be chucked out for either side. Personally, rather than populate every effing planet in the huge galaxies, I just take my huge fleet and orbitally bombard whole sectors to worthless pulp once I have a cnfortable amount of credits and weaponry :twisted:

12/14/07

The rebs are definately the better side, in my opinion. Better starfighters, enough diplomats to get what you need, as well as faster research ability with Wedge. While the Imps start with better ships, they are easily sabotaged in the early game, or destroyed when the rebels obtain superior ships in the mid game. My record for winning a HQ victory is 35 days as the rebs. Only reason to play the Empire is because they're cooler. I love Star Destroyers
Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

You can't beat the Imps. They don't need as many diplomats, they just use an iron fist to keep order across the galaxy. And how can you resist building a Death Star?!

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

In addition to this, you can just go with one of the better moves as the Imps- just garrison the hell out of Rebel planets. Does't matter if they hate you- Imp troops are hard to sabatoge, even if they are more expensive. And yes, I'll consede the point that I enjo playing as imps more than Rebs... Something about killing people is just too much fun. :twisted:

12/14/07

• 2 months later...

The first time I played as the Rebellion on Hard I was expecting the computer to come in an paste all of my planets and fleets. So I geared everything, all of my production and defenses toward moving my forces to the Outer Rim.

I put double shield gens and Sulstan Regiments on any planets I wanted to keep and pulled everything out to my fleets. Moved my fleets arround to the other side of the galaxy while staying in the Rim and building up.

Massed forces at Agrilat and 3 surrounding shipyards. Launched for Coruscant by day 1200 and killed all 2 ISD's defending it. Took the planet and captured the Emperor and then Darth Vader 200 days later.

I was mildly disapointed that the computer hadn't been more of a challenege. :) With the harder AI it becomes worth it to play as the Rebellion because it's fun.

EDIT:

I tend to use very diffrient tactics now I notice againts the Computer. I don't bother with evacuation I just go nuts on the enemy shipyards early on in the game.