how can a mon cal division destroy 7 divisions?

Tacticusarat

I don't know, I think this game cheats against me..

i was playing and it told me that Han Solo is in Orto, I had a fleet nearby so I loaded it up with:

-3 divisions of Stormtroopers

-4 army regiments

I bombarded the planet until there was only the mon cal but they woudln't die so I just said "Ok I should just go in for the assault". And the mon cal division destroyed all 7 of my divisions. How is that possible? :?:

If I'm not mistaken the Mon Cal regiments are specifically designed to be a defensive powerhouse, not unile the War Droid regiments the Empire has. By the time the Rebellion can throw Mon Cals at you you should have switched to Dark Trooper regimetns for planetary assaults.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

And your troops have rather low stats for attacking. BTW Thrawn- war droids are good for invasions but crappy dor garrisons- stick with your dark troopers for holding planets.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

now I am more aware of this things. I am still kind of new to the game so I am still picking up on certain things. But I feel the improvement as far as game play goes..I am actually winning battles now, before it was more like survivor.

Darth_Rob wrote:

However I must say that I don't see how one regiment of MonCals can hold their own against four AT-AT regiments!

It has to do with the attack/defense values of the troops in question. MonCals have a defense of 8, and I'm not sure about the attack value of the AT-AT's but I think it's 5 (I'll check on this later). Anyway, the defensive troops get a multiplier of 3 on there defense strength, plus additional modifiers if they have a commanding General.

So basically you have 4 AT-AT's x 5 attack points < 1 MonCal x 8 defense points x 3 (defensive modifier)

20 < 24 the MonCal wins!

I don't remember how the generals/admirals change the actual values (the manual says they do but I don't remember any specific values associated with this).

In a previous game I had 1 defensive AT-AT defeat 4 MonCals + 1 Sullstan. So, it's not just shear numbers, but also the "quality" of the troops in the combat. :wink:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

No, no. I understand that in the game the MonCals are more powerful defensivly. But I mean in actuallity. Like if four regiments of AT-ATs were deployed during an invasion, and only had to deal with one regiment on MonCals, the AT-ATs would simply CRUSH a bunch of fishmen! If the bulk of the Rebellion army could not stop three AT-ATs and an AT-ST, then how could one lone squad of MonCals put a halt to four AT-AT REGIMENTS (one regiment must include 2 or more AT-ATs)?!

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Uhhh ... in actuallity ... MonCals don't exist :? But I get your point. Taking another tact: how did Lee lose at Gettysburg, how did Nelson defeat the combined fleets of France & Spain at Trafalgar, how did the Americans defeat the Japanese at Midway, etc. Just because it looks like you have overwhelming firepower, there are many variables that make a battle. Maybe the MonCals are well defended in shielded fortifications, and laid out hundreds of anti-AT-AT mines, covered over deep pits/trenches for the AT-AT's to fall into, put large electro-magnets underground waiting for an AT-AT to walk on top. ZAP!! I wouldn't think the MonCals are hiding behind a tree with a little blaster thinking "I'll be safe here, nothing can get me behind this tree". Defenders have the advantage during attacks because you prepare for "the attack".
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

And the best part is;

"In case of tie, defenders always win." -Risk

(Or... "In case of TIE Defenders, I win." -Me )

Oh mah gawd! That must have been the Empire's plan in naming it that! It all makes perfect sense now.

And the best part is;

"In case of tie, defenders always win." -Risk

(Or... "In case of TIE Defenders, I win." -Me )

Oh mah gawd! That must have been the Empire's plan in naming it that! It all makes perfect sense now.

/me beats Defender_16 with piece of frozsen meat. What did we tell you about making jokes, young (or old, I have no idea what anyone's age is!) man? Really, that's worse than my "Shakespear is responsible for Napolian Dynamite" logic... :lol: Though I'd just like to point out that ATATs aren't really that great- one X-wing shows up and poof. Hell, one TIE fighter shows up and poof, they're nothing but metal. :twisted:

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

No, no. I understand that in the game the MonCals are more powerful defensivly. But I mean in actuallity. Like if four regiments of AT-ATs were deployed during an invasion, and only had to deal with one regiment on MonCals, the AT-ATs would simply CRUSH a bunch of fishmen! If the bulk of the Rebellion army could not stop three AT-ATs and an AT-ST, then how could one lone squad of MonCals put a halt to four AT-AT REGIMENTS (one regiment must include 2 or more AT-ATs)?!

Depends. Or you would have canned AT-AT or you would have Mon Calamari flavoured sushis.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

Uhhh ... in actuallity ... MonCals don't exist :? But I get your point. Taking another tact: how did Lee lose at Gettysburg, how did Nelson defeat the combined fleets of France & Spain at Trafalgar, how did the Americans defeat the Japanese at Midway, etc. Just because it looks like you have overwhelming firepower, there are many variables that make a battle. Maybe the MonCals are well defended in shielded fortifications, and laid out hundreds of anti-AT-AT mines, covered over deep pits/trenches for the AT-AT's to fall into, put large electro-magnets underground waiting for an AT-AT to walk on top. ZAP!! I wouldn't think the MonCals are hiding behind a tree with a little blaster thinking "I'll be safe here, nothing can get me behind this tree". Defenders have the advantage during attacks because you prepare for "the attack".

lee lost at gettysburg because he had no where near overwhelming firepower and sacrificed the initiative on the first and second days of the battle, dooming any attack made on the third day...