switching cockpit sides?

pparis17

Is it possible to switch the Imperial and Rebel pics on the cockpit main menu? I think I found the bitmap images at one time, but I'm not sure if you can change them. :?:
Gentlemen, behold my latest invention, the Rabbot! -- Dr. Weird

Thats fine. I have already put all the ships, characters, troops, fighters and so forth on the opposite sides so basically when I click on the rebel button I play as the empire and vice versa. I just need to change the pictures on the buttons so that for the mod people don't get confused when they pick the empire and get the rebels. Also, I found the bitmaps for c-3po/r2-d2 and the imperial droids. Is it possible to just copy the dll's they are in and just rename the copys to match the names of the opposite side? Would it make the droids be on the other side to fit with my mod? Sorry if I've totally confused you admiral toguroani or anybody else reading this post. :wink::wink:

• SWR Staff - Executive
Unforunately the windows are set up differently, you will have to modify them if you want them to match the buttons properly

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

alright then, i'll have to reload the bitmaps. It may be a lot of trouble, but it will be done! I still don't understand what you meant by reloading the bitmaps. When it comes to altering these bitmaps, I'm totally clueless. So if you could explain it to me in more detail I'd really appreciate it.

Okay. You're not gonna like this....

Find the pictures of SD7 and IMP22/R2D2 and C-3P0. Save them, and determine their pixel dimensions.

Using Microsoft Paint/Photoshop/whatever, load the strategy palette if you need to and turn C-3PO's pixel size to IMP22's and vice versa. Do the same thing for SD7 and R2D2. Save these as a bitmap. Go into Albrief, alsprite, embrief and emsprite and replace the IMP22 pics with the new C-3PO ones, etc. Now you have a choice:

If you want your agent to be animated, to move like in the regular rebellion game, I have no clue how to do this. Hopefully Mask or someone on the reloaded team can tell us how to animate the agents, since I think Rebellion Reloaded will have animated advisors.

If you don't mind an unanimated agent (a still picture), then you can see my topic here http://www.swrebellion.com/forums/postt2506.html and it will guide you through the next step. Take note that using this tutorial, you can use any picture you want, so long as it has the right palette

Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

Oh mah gawd... 8O

Wow. Um yeah, I'm glad I've started taking to calling my NJO project a mod not a TC now. This would be really hard for me to pull off.

(Though I do have an idea of how it would look like if I did pull it off correctly. :wink:)

Yeah, you're right. I didn't like it! So I guess I'll just update the game at it's current timeline and forget about my grand project and move on to a new, less complicated one. Thanks for the help though everyone!