Music Interests!

Jonaray

Hey all, I was just curious as to what music you are all into?

I am a musician myself so I appreciate all music styles.

However, I love Dance/Trance and Rock most of all!

I am a trance producer and DJ, and will be doing a world tour next year so yeah! That is my music tastes. Maybe mention some bands aswell as genres!

Its all about the music!

I used to be a jock at a few radio stations, which is what I went to college for. Anyway I like a variety of music- I am pretty eclectic. Blondie is one of my favorite bands along with Rush and especially 80's music. I enjoy almost anything depending on my mood though I don't like current rap only a few early rap songs. -Grand Moff Conway

Hmm, my likes:

-Industrial - like

-Alternative

-Metal

-Heavy metal

-Some Death Metal

-Progressive Death

-Doom metal

-Hard Rock (I dont know, some bands I like apparently go in this catagory according to my friends)

-Various ambient

-Some classical

-Can't go by an old classic like Black Sabbath or Led Zepplin

-Psytrance and simular techno for studying

Umm, bands . . . Well there's Nine Inch Nails (My personal favourite), Opeth, Anathema, Tool, A Perfect Cirlce, Coal Chamber, Evergrey, been listening to some Dressdon Dolls lately, Immortal, KMFDM, Marilyn Manson, My Dying Bride, Dark Tranquility, Novembre, The Prodigy, Rammstein, Rob or White Zombie, Smashing Pumkins, Soul Fly, Sepultura, Static X, The Tea Party, Infected Mushroom, Dark Soho. . .

And so forth :roll:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

My music taste revolves around alternative rock, punk, and pop punk. Heres some o' my bands (in no particular order, aside from the first three):

Gin Blossoms (#1 band), Green Day, Blink-182, Metallica, Flogging Molly, Linkin Park, Alkaline Trio, Mest, Cold, Drowning Pool, 3 Doors Down, The Ataris, Oasis, Simple Plan, Story of the Year, sooo much other stuff...

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

SUM 41!!!!!!!!!!! best. band. ever. Aside from them I also like actual band music, hense why I'm in marching band and all :P Bit of a fan of classical, too, as well as some older tunes... I absolutely Hate country... Bit of a fan of oldies... Don't really have any specific preferances :P

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Krytos wrote:

Umm, bands . . . Well there's Nine Inch Nails (My personal favourite), Opeth, Anathema, Tool, A Perfect Cirlce, Coal Chamber, Evergrey, been listening to some Dressdon Dolls lately, Immortal, KMFDM, Marilyn Manson, My Dying Bride, Dark Tranquility, Novembre, The Prodigy, Rammstein, Rob or White Zombie, Smashing Pumkins, Soul Fly, Sepultura, Static X, The Tea Party, Infected Mushroom, Dark Soho. . .

And so forth

Darth_Rob wrote:

Gin Blossoms (#1 band), Green Day, Blink-182, Metallica, Flogging Molly, Linkin Park, Alkaline Trio, Mest, Cold, Drowning Pool, 3 Doors Down, The Ataris, Oasis, Simple Plan, Story of the Year, sooo much other stuff...

What happened? 8O I'm sorry to say I've only "heard" of (maybe) half of those bands(?). Probably even heard some of their songs and don't even realize it :wink:

Grand Moff Conway wrote:

Blondie is one of my favorite bands along with Rush and especially 80's music

Now that's more my style. Queen, J. Geils, The Who, Journey, Tears for Fears, Naked Eyes, Genesis, Styx, Phil Collins, The Police, REO Speedwagon, Foreigner, Def Leppard, Rush and other 80's music. I like some mixed genres as well:

Sound Tracks (Heavy Metal is a favorite)

Classical

Classic Rock (some 50's, 60's and even 70's)

Instrumental? (Celtic, Incan, etc.)

Other stuff here and there

DarthTofu wrote:

... Bit of a fan of oldies...

What do you consider an oldie?

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

My favourite style is the metal.

1. Running Wild - melodic metal ?

2. Stratovarius - melodic metal?

3. Gamma Ray - melodic metal?

4. AC/DC - heavy metal

5. Six Feet Under - death metal.

I like too - Moonspell,Haggard,Blackmore's Night,Avantasia,Rhapsody-Luca Turilli,Timmo Kotipelto and Timmo Tolkki (Strato),Blind Guardian,Manowar,Action(hungarian dirty rock), 3 inches of blood,Faerghail,Storm of sorrows,Crematory,Masterplan,Edguy etc. many others.

After the metal i like the hungarian folk music. (coz i'm hungarian:)) also i know a girl who play in a hungarian folk-metal band called Sacra Arcana.

Also i like other kind of music - Madonna,Evanescence,Green Day?,Offspring,Shania Twain,J-Lo,Shakira,even rap, and the other styles if i like them and i can whistle? them.

Thats all.

Rock (The newer the better ususally)

Classical (Things with violins and orchestral stuff)

Some techno (depends)

*Is currently listening to; The Killers: All These Things That I've Done*

Current favourite Band: U2

I am open to every kind of music but the ones i like most are:

-Trance

-Techno

-Dance

-Euro-Dance

-House

-a bit of HardTek and Hardcore.

You will have understood I like Electronica.

As for bands or DJs... There are so many i like i can't be bothered to type them all.

Its quite fun to mix the different tunes downstairs in my basement with my good old mixing table.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

-metal

-metal

-death metal

-Hard rock

-Rock

What happened? 8O I'm sorry to say I've only "heard" of (maybe) half of those bands(?). Probably even heard some of their songs and don't even realize it :wink:

Lets see if i can add to your list of bands you don't know Tex.... lets see... Celldweller, Ditchwater, The Human Condition, Endo, Flaw, ill nino, Meshuggah, MSI, Motograter, Neurotica, Noise Therapy, Nonpoint, Revis, Scum of the Earth, SkinLab, Skrape, Soil, Spineshank, Systematic; Any of those ring a bell?

People think I have the mind of a child.... well.. there right, it's at home on my desk in a jar

Industrial

Blue Grass

Rock

Metal

Electronica

Alternative Rock

Jazz

Swing

Most Classical

Yeah I'll basically listen to anything so long as it has musical substance, which rules out rap.

"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

I dunno, rap is okay in small doses and when it isn't the entire song... COuntry, on the other hand is not okay.... Ever. I don't just mean in small doses, I mean 1000000000000000000000000000000000% of the time it sucks!!!!!!!!!!!11111oneelevenonehundredeleven

12/14/07

Watch what you say about Country music Tofu :evil: I'll have to hop in my pickup (with a fully loaded gun rack) and set you straight :lol:
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Yeah I'll basically listen to anything so long as it has musical substance, which rules out rap.

Good man AI. Good man.

I'll second that :wink:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Watch what you say about Country music Tofu :evil: I'll have to hop in my pickup (with a fully loaded gun rack) and set you straight :lol:

*Loads semi-auto rifle and straps on a pair of uzis* bring it on!

12/14/07