Count Dooku/Emperor

Calis

We have books on Darth Vader and Darth Maul, are there any SW books specifically centered on Count Dooku and Palpatine?

They are both interesting characters so otherwise you would really miss out on something potenially great.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all I know there aren't.

I guess its due to the fact that they aren't really fighting characters and that people find it more interessting to have action packed books rather than political intrigue ones.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

Also (/me clears throat) Count Dooku is Lame!!! Had to get that off my chest- episode two sucked, and he died within the first ten mintues of Episode three. Palpy, on the other hand would be interesting...

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I beg to differ! Count Dooku was the man. He was a regal, cool, collected fighter who's lightsaber combat style was just great. He was a truely professional duelist, and could have taken almost any Jedi in a one on one duel. He was such a great character, and I was very upset when he was gyped in Episode III. He should have taken the place of General Grevious (a pointless character in my opinion). I am (and always will be) a Palpy man, but Dooku was pretty kick butt too.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

Yah, Count Dooku was a PIMP of the dark side. A book based around perhaps his fall tot eh dark side would be awesome.
I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

• SWR Staff - Executive

Dooku had a much bigger role to play than shown in the movies. You'd really need to go through the books and the comics to get some of his story though. I think the closest book to get inside his head would be Yoda: Dark Rendenzous.

No real books dedicated to either. Sidious/Palpatine, I expect, will always remain a mystery. I don't know if anyone will be allowed to write his backstory anytime soon.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Yeah Dooku was cheated by Lucas, first by the stupid name Darth Tyrannus, and then the illogically crappy death. Before Dooku managed to eat breakfast, do his taxes, brush his teeth, and school Anakin and Obi without breaking a sweat, followed by him showing his badassness by standing his own against Yoda in both lightsaber combat and force powers.

Then 3 years (I think) later Anakin has suddenly exploded into some god-character that has random fluctuations in power throughout the movie, I mean Jesus man. Anakin being able to humiliate Dooku like that insinuates that he'd be able to dominate Yoda (As we know Dooku and Yoda are relatively equal, more or less.).

It boils down to Lucas being a moron. I think that Anakin throughout the movies is portrayed as an absolute dolt, with no intelligence simply wonderful instincts. I think that if Lucas wanted to show Anakin as being more powerful in RotS he should have had him and Dooku be even in lightsaber skills, and have had Anakin somehow outsmart Dooku and thus gaining victory, thus showing how much Anakin has progressed in both terms of Combat Technique, and in terms of Intellect.

But whatever, no way of changing it, so yeah.

"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

• SWR Staff - Executive
I think the idea here is that Dooku was leading Anakin on. He didn't really expect to lose when Sidious was with him. That's why he kept Anakin battling, not doing some cheap trick like with Obi-Wan. He wanted him to let out that anger. Unfortunately, he miscalculated Sidious's own plan to make Anakin his new apprentice.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

I agree with Evaders on Dooku vs. Anakin. Personally, I don't think there's a single character in the SW universe capable of taking Dooku down in solo combat (with the exception of Exar Kun and maybe someone from the NJO books that I didn't read).
Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

Whooh yeah Exar Kun, now he was one bad arse Sith!

I think that that Aenivae_Ikeda and Evaders99 are both right on this one!

Firstly, yes, Anakin did carve up dooku a little too easily for my liking and therefore Aenivae_Ikeda's suggestion would have gone down a lot better! However, It quite probibly was a time issue because Lucas is no headless chook he is a brilliant director!

I think that he simply thought, "I need this to be dramatic, Anakin must win, I only have 3 hours or so to fit at least 5 into so lets just let anakin win quickly!"

So therefore, he wound Evaders idea in and made it therefore a little more believeable that Anakin could win so promptly!

Oh and this is a great forum by the way, I can tell I am going to like it here just from this first post!

Thank the maker there are Dooku fans here! Lucas def. cheated him out of his greatness. In all truthfullness, I liked Dooku a lot better than Maul. And I STILL think that Grevious was a waste of time for ROS. Dooku would have made short work of that four-armed freak.

My Website

Grievous: Ha ha ha hhhhhhk ::coughs up a squirrel:: I am General Grievous, and I can use 4 lightsabres at once! Well, 5 if I stand on one foot, but then I cant move. Anyway, let's fight! I want to be in control of the Separatists! ::cough cough::

Dooku: Sigh. Okay.

Dooku yawns and does his military strategy while holding out one hand and barbecuing poor Grievous with force lightning, then trades him in for a used landspeeder at Tochi station, where he went to pick up some power converters.

Dooku Vs. Anakin and Obi: How it should have went:

Dooku: Your swords, please. Lets not make a mess in front of the Chancellor.

Obi-Wan: You won't get away this time, Dooku. This time, we do it together.

Anakin: Yes, master.

They fight for a bit, and Dooku kicks Obi in the jaw, knocking him out.

Anakin: I'm twice as strong as I was 3 years ago. Somehow.

Dooku: Oh, okay then.

BZZZZZZZZAP!!!!!!!!! Dooku uses one hand to fight with his lightsabre and the other to tag Anakin with Force Lightning.

Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

Dude, everyone claims Dooku is stronger than Yoda- he isn't. lucas was just a prick and forgot "Size matters not" making Yoda use to much energy to try keeping that dumb crane from crushing Obi and Anakin. Personally I think that Yoda should have wooped Dooku- he holds his own against Sideous pretty darn good, and if Sideous trained Dooku...

12/14/07

Yoda SAYS size matters not, but what he says and what he does are two different things. Look at him lift the X-wing. He has some trouble with it in ROTJ, as shown by crinkling his face and squinting. He does it in the Sith Battle with Palpy, and a LOT in the Clone Wars cartoon. Also, consider the fact that Dooku was already worn down from fighting Ani and Obi, so if Yoda came in with fresh feet then of course Dooku would be at a disadvantage. Still, Dooku has no trouble throwing the pipe, and Yoda has to take more effort to stop it. Dooku owns.

Good point!

I think also, that the only reason yoda lost against sidious is because of the increase in the dark sides presence thus clouding the jedi's mind!

I mean, this has been hinted at since Episode 1 when Qui Gon is attacked by Maul! No one in the temple detected his presence and sidious was right under their noses!

I think that yoda would have carved up had his mind been clearer and the light side of the force more accessable.

Oh and lets not forget what would be going through his mind, I mean damn, if you were sensative enough to detect that every jedi in the galaxy was beeing killed, imagine how horrid that would make you feel!

That must have a little to do with his lesser performance against Palpatine!

I think it's been mentioned before, but the fact that Dooku was so strong may have been reason why Palpatine allowed Anakin to defeat him. Also, one reason that Anakin defeated Dooku was because Dooku was taken aback by the treachery of his master (not because Anakin's powers "doubled").

And as for the "size matters not", I agree with that totally. The size of a Jedi master does not determine his level connection to the Force. Palpatine just plained owned on Yoda, having been holding back his powers for years, waiting for the right moment to strike. I think that Yoda could take out, say, Qui Gon and Mace Windu in battle, and they're mad taller than him. But Palpatine was just waiting too long, and was not going to let some green shrivled munchkin ruin his plans for galatic domination.

My Website

Everyone is saying that Dooku is so ridiculously powerful due to the fact that he was kind of tired from fighting Anakin and Obi, but nobody mentions that Yoda would have had his mind fogged by all of the Jedi killed that day. Also, he would have been tired out himself from having helped in fighting off battle droids. In addition to this he may have even been helping the clone troopers in some way, shape, or form. Also, on the 'size matters not' front, maybe Dooku had some form of link with palpy so that the two of them were ganging up on Yoda and both pushing down on the crane thing while Yoda pushed up. It happens in the New Jedi Order Books with Anakin and some barabel... before both of them keel over and die :twisted: Anyway, I seriously think Yoda should have kicked ass against Dooku and that Lucas is just being stupid.

12/14/07

No no no, you've all got it wrong! And finally, after much thought I can reveal to everyone the REAL reason why Yoda doesn't win.

See because Yoda speaks funny he was made fun of during school.

Teacher: Yoda where's your homework?

Yoda: Absent, was I.

-Random kid throws a pitdroid at yoda- Freak!

This all results in a traumatizing childhood for Yoda, and Sideous OBVIOUSLY studied up on this fact and used it against him.

Sideous: People used to make fun of your three fingers and call you the pointy-eared hob-goblin in school.

Yoda then breaks down crying and runs off to a swamp. FRUED LIVES ON!!! Bwahahah.... Or err something...yeah.

"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

Correction Tofu...

Screwed, the whole of you are.

Damn straight! It's 'talk of yoda' not yoda-talk... God you're so unprofessional... :P

/ shoots Aenivae does me. "Ha! Feel burn you shall, the, bitch!" :twisted: Though to put this back on topic (Somewhat) while at the airport today I saw a book that was entirely on Yoda. Not sure what it was called (30 minutes of wandering around a crappy book store kinda kills your memory) but it had something to do with darkness. This could possibly enlighten us on Sith lords in general and, in turn, Palpy and Dooku.

12/14/07

Maybe it's an account of Yoda's first days on Dagobah.

Yoda- "Landed on crummy swamp land, I have. Should have gassed up shuttle, mmm, yes. Now make home of mud and roots, I will."

My Website