sound options

DarthTofu

Hey, quickie question- is there a way to turn off the sound on a computer without turning the nob on the speakers or double clicking on the little icon in the bottom of your screen? Half of the school computers have sound, and half don't. Mine does, and I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of it so that I don't get annoying noises (Like when I start up a game and the teacher knows it). :lol::roll:

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I have a nice wireless keyboard that has its own "mute" button 8) . It works perfectly for your intended use. Oh, but you're using a school computer :oops: , it probably has the low budget generic keyboard :cry: . Look's like you'll have to do some "work" and double-click an icon (Oh whoa is you). :D
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

No, see, the issue is that I can't double click the icon. The compuiter completely ignores the click, hense the topic. /me gathers dignity. I like to think of myself as being a bit smarter than that! :D

12/14/07

DarthTofu wrote:

The compuiter completely ignores the click, hense the topic. /me gathers dignity. I like to think of myself as being a bit smarter than that!

But that's not what you stated ...

DarthTofu wrote:

... is there a way to turn off the sound on a computer without turning the nob on the speakers or double clicking on the little icon in the bottom of your screen?

You didn't say you couldn't double-click the speaker icon :wink:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

You know, I really should have seen that coming, what with my dad being an engineer and all. Really, though, is there a way to turn it off besides those methods? Oh, and I also tried cntrl. alt deleting it. Couldn't get to sound options as far as I know.

12/14/07

What's the reason you can't use the icon in the tray?

What about going through the Start menu?

I can't find it, but does anyone know the .cpl extension for Sounds & Audio Devices? It might bring it up if you type it (the cpl filename) into Run, if you can access it.

EDIT: mmsys.cpl . Long last IRC.

If it's a school computer it's probably running Novel or some other administrative program that prohibits users from doing anything that would drastically effect the computer. In elementery and high-school they usually place heavy restrictions on what a student can and cannot do.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

/me shoots Edor. :evil: Can't use the start menu (That automatically takes me to 'log off' screen) can't click the icon 'cause... it just doesn't work, and can't find any speakers to turn off. So I suppose I just need to find games that are silent, or else have sound options.

12/14/07

/me shoots Edor. :evil: Can't use the start menu (That automatically takes me to 'log off' screen) can't click the icon 'cause...

What are the bloody computers for then? decoration. WEll you can't seem to be abloe to do much with them. :!:8O

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

Ok, then the real question is: What can you do with these computers ? :P

What do you actually have access to on them? Because it sounds as if prety much everything is locked down :?

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

DRAFTING! We use them for using drafting software and making drafting drawings! HEnse the name of the class! DRAFTING! Sorry, that just seemed like it should have been really obvious- we technically aren't even supposed to go online, but it's homeroom, so the teacher let's us while Channel One is on.

12/14/07

There aren't any speakers on the computer, else I would have just turned them off. Somehow the sound comes from the CPU. No clue how it does that, but it does. Though I guess I can always try to find a wire down there... and pray that I don't take out the wrong one and completely fry the computer... :lol:

12/14/07

Ooh, that's different.

I haven't kept up with integrated speakers. Do they still only do beeps and MIDI-type stuff, or can they perform almost the same as external speakers (like integrated graphics chips).

On a side note, your signature is funny. It sounds like it's from RvB or something; would make a great insult in a game, in any case.

Why yes, it is RvB. As a matter of fact... /me looks up exactly which episode it is, It's episode: 40 from Season three. Moy goodo episodo. And they perform as well as external speakers. Not Trogdor- style music.

12/14/07