Editing Questions

kaflinkle

I want to create a conversion based around the Timothy Zahn trilogy (I don't know if this has been done before, if so I could be wasting my time!!) and whilst I can edit most things in rebellion, I'm not suie about a few things so wonder if people can help.

Changing Yoda

I don't want Luke to visit Yoda, I want him to visit C'Boath but not gain any extra jedi rating. Can this be done?

Scenes

Changing the scenes and outcomes between Luke, Leia, Vader and Palpy, can these scenes and sounds be changed to something else?

I think there have been threads about replacing cutscenes so I assume this can be achieved.

Can I start the New Republic at Corruscant and make a new base for the imperials?

Anyone have any sounds for Thrawn or do I have to create them (which I don't mind doing)?

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Changing Yoda

I don't want Luke to visit Yoda, I want him to visit C'Boath but not gain any extra jedi rating. Can this be done?

--Yes and no. You can change the voices and event files to make Luke visit C'Boath, but he'll gain Jedi levels no matter what. Thats hard coded, I believe.

Scenes

Changing the scenes and outcomes between Luke, Leia, Vader and Palpy, can these scenes and sounds be changed to something else?

--Yes this can be done. Go into reshacker on strategy.dll and replace the voices and picture files, and you're good to go.

Can I start the New Republic at Corruscant and make a new base for the imperials?

--Closest you come to this is changing all the Empire cards to New Republic cards so they'll start at Coruscant. Then, make the Rebel cards the Empire. This means that since Luke will be over either Vader's or Palpy's card, he cant go see Yoda, train Leia, or any of those events. It also means that the Empire will start on a random Rim planet.

---Another way to do this is to go into rebed, go to Galaxy mapper, and rename Yavin IV to Coruscant, then check "colonize" all those planets. Rename the real Coruscant to something else, something you want the new Empire's base to be, then rename all the systems and move it to where you want. Move the new Coruscant to the middle of the galaxy, and that should do it.

Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

Hi!

I want to create a conversion based around the Timothy Zahn trilogy (I don't know if this has been done before, if so I could be wasting my time!!) and whilst I can edit most things in rebellion, I'm not suie about a few things so wonder if people can help.

Actually, the biggest and coolest being done for SWR at the moment is the Rebellion: Reloaded TC.

It's based on the Thrawn Era, with all new characters, models, sounds, gui, and all. Check the http://www.swrebellion.com/forums/forum32.html R:R forum!

Z'anthr saves the world. Sorry about the mess...