Just realized...

Aenivae_Ikeda

If Padme dies in childbirth then it doesn't make sense for Leia to say that she remembers her mother, and that she was 'cold' or 'pale'? Something like that. But yeah in case it hasn't been pointed out I just thought I would. Anyways off to school...
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

Maybe Leiah remembers the Robot that yanked her out. That thing qualifies as "Cold", "Pail", and "kinky" in my book. Did the hands bother anyone else?

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I was thinking that also. I have the suspicion that Leia may have been "aware" while in the womb. Perhaps Padme's emotions were washing onto Leia. Padme was pretty upset when Obi told her that Anakin was responsible for slaughtering the Jedi in the Temple.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

I was thinking about that too.

I think I got it now. Leia doesn't remember her mother, just her adobtive mother, Bail's wife. She was beutiful too, and could have been sad as Leia mentioned it in ROTJ. Leia was officialy Organa's daughter.

I think Lucas pointed on Padme, as he wrote the lines for Leia in ROTJ, but it still fits for the Organas.

I dunno. I still have the suspicion that Leia felt Padme's emotions. Leia always had a strong connection to Jacen and Jania when she was carrying them. Though that doesn't explain why Luke has no memory of his mother.

My Website

I think Leia was very mixed up. She snogs her brother in ESB and than tells him 'somehow I always knew,' (she was his brother), in RotJ... I can think of nothing more dodgy. :?
http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Doesn't she say that she never knew her mother? This would imply that Bail's wife dies, or else that... umm... I dunno, I forget. But it might imply something... /me ponders....

12/14/07

If Padme dies in childbirth then it doesn't make sense for Leia to say that she remembers her mother,

I has this conversation with my sister as we were coming out of the Movie theatre. :D

Along with: Where were the Victory Destroyers!?

• SWR Staff - Executive
I'm pretty sure she knew that she was adopted, that the Organa's were not her birth family.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

I agree with Evaders. Espicially seeing how there was a big ceremony on Aldreaan when they returned with Leia. The whole planet knew she was adpoted (I think they would have noticed if Mrs. Organa was pregnant). Even Luke knew that Owen & Beru were not his true parents. I don't think the Organa's would hide that. Maybe they made up a sweet lie like the Lars' did.

Leia- What happened to my mother?

Bail- Uh...she was...a freighter pilot...yeah...

My Website

While she was adopted she may have considered her adopted mother to be her real mother. She obviousely wouldn't have know her Padmes backstory.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I don't think so. I think that all of Alderaan would have said "Hey, when did the Organas, leader of our entire frickin' planet who appear on the holo net almost every day have a baby? Oh well, must be a real, natural-birth child." Just plain wouldn't work. Though I have to wonder why Alderaan decided to de-militerise itself when one of the Rebellion's leaders was living there...

12/14/07

It's stated many times through the expanded universe that even before she found out Luke was her brother, Leia knew that she was adopted. Infact, it was public knowledge that she was adopted. :D

Princess Leia: Luke, what's wrong?

Luke: Leia, do you remember your mother? Your real mother?

Princess Leia: Just a little bit. She died when I was very young.

Luke: What do you remember?

Princess Leia: Just... images really. Feelings.

Luke: Tell me.

Princess Leia: She was... very beautiful. Kind, but sad. Why are you asking me this?

Luke: I have no memory of my mother. I never knew her.

There are a couple explanations for this.

1) George Lucas screwed up (again) and their mother was supposed to live longer in hiding for a few years. Age three would be about the right time for Leia to remember anything about her mother.

2) Leia has an incredibly better memory than Luke.

3) Obiwan dropped Luke on his way to giving him to Owen and Beru. // He was whacked upside the head when he was little.

EDIT: Found this too.

states:

Ben: When your father left, he didn’t know your

mother was pregnant. Your mother and I knew

he would find out eventually, but we wanted

to keep you both as safe as possible, for as

long as possible. So I took you to live with

my brother Owen on Tatooine… and your mother

took Leia to live as the daughter of Senator

Organa, on Alderaan.

Edited by Defender_16

I opt for number three! THough accordng to genetic information and all that jazz, girls actually do have a better memory than guys in most cases (MOST. I like to consider myself a regular Kirtan Loor :wink: ) Also, Luke was born first- something's wrong with that, amigos at Lucasfilm. Maybe it was really the Tatooine air which had an odd affect on Luke so that he took after his father more than his mother. Living on Alderaan, which is very peaceful like Naboo, Leiah was more attuned to her mother. My support is that Mark Hamil sucks at acting just like Jake Loyyd and Haden Christianson.

12/14/07

While she was adopted she may have considered her adopted mother to be her real mother. She obviousely wouldn't have know her Padmes backstory.

Was exactly my point too. Of course, she could knew, she was adopted, still considering Organa's wife as her mother.

If the Organa's had told Leia the truth, then the point of hiding her away and keeping her true identity a secret would have been useless. They just told her that she was the child of a close friend who died in childbirth, or that they found her in the intergalatic adoption home for humans. I'm sure Leia was very close with the Organa's, and considered them her parents. I don't think she ever really thought about her real mother, wondering who she was. However, in ROJ Luke asks "tell me about your mother. Your real mother". Since Luke had been with the Rebellion for three years by then (and been such close friends with Leia) I'm sure that he knew the story of her adoption. So he asked about her real mother, knowing she would know he meant her birth mother, not her adoptive mother. Luke knew she was his sister, and wouldn't want to hear her rattle on about her adoptive mother who had no bearing on Luke whatsoever. So Leia explained that she only had brief memories and feelings of her mother. 'Nuff said.

And by the way, I must defend Mark Hamill. I think his work in ESB was THE BEST acting in ALL 6 movies!!!

My Website

I would direct your attention to the scene in which he finds out Darth Vader is his father. Enter "Clown-face Luke". I swear, if you go to the circus you will find people who look just like him!

12/14/07

I don't know, I guess I am not as critical as you are young pup. I think Hamill is a good (not great) actor. He did well in "The Big Red One" a WWII movie. -Grand Moff Conway

I think that the Vader/ Luke confrontation in ESB contains the most powerful acting of all the films, when Luke screams, "no...that's not true...THAT's IMPOSSIBLE" "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!". His voice and facial expressions fit the part so dramaticly. Sure beats anything Hayden could have done.

My Website

I agree with Rob, I love his facial expression there. All of his life he has had this great vision of his father being a savior who died heroically defending the galaxy from the galaxy, and then in an instant the entire image is replaced by the traitor, Darth Vadar and his face accurately describes the hurt, denial, rage, and acceptance all in one.
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

I think I saw someone like him at Coney Island last week.

That's not true...THAT's IMPOSSIBLE!!! :o

(Seriously, the original 3 rock. I hadn't really noticed any bad acting in Star Wars until EP.1 came out. )

You thought it was bad? but I.... -

Shut up, Anakin!

lol, that had to be the crappiest scene in the entire movie! :lol:

12/14/07