Can't see hull and shield status

Calis

Question

Hi, been playing SWR for a month or two now, recently moved to England for and brought SWR with me, however the computer runs on win98 (compared to the winXP at home) and I can no longer see the status of my shields and hull, all I see is a black bar, it never changes to notify change in shields or hull.

This isn't exactly useful in a tactical situation, does anybody know what to do?

9 answers to this question

I would recomend giving your compy a good firm whack. Doesn't always, work, but hey, it might! Heck, I'm in drafting right now, surrounded by computer geeks and the prof who is pretty techno-savy. lol, if this isn't irony, what is? :lol: Still try a full instal or something, that might fix it.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

If you're using a newer video card, ensure that yourdrivers are up-to-date. This is much easier than re-installing the game and might save you some time.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Thanks for the tips guys, I reinstalled my full install but that didn't help, seems like there's something wrong with the directx graphics so that probably mean it's the grapics card that's messy, thanks for pointing that out Thrawn.

Will try to sort it out when I get back home from school.

Open up your compy's CPU. I don't know if it works this way on all computers, but on some there will be a labell saying "3-D Graphics card" by a slot with a graphics card stuffed in there. Look at the graphic card and see if there's a name on it. If you take out the card and can't get it back in, then I blame somebody else. Don't know who, but I refuse to take responsibility.

12/14/07

• SWR Staff - Executive
Most like the video drivers you have for the card will be enough. Go to the Device Manager in your Windows Control Panel under System. Under Display should tell you what video drivers you are using.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Thanks Evaders99, it seems to be working now.

Hmm, I don't think opening the computer is such a good idea...

[-quote]

Oh, sure, I see how it is! Use the logical approach. :D Seriously, though, my idea would have worked.

12/14/07