I want to help! - Testing

Lord_La_forge

Can you always beat the AI on hard?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Can you always beat the AI on hard?

• Never tried it on hard (get out of here...)
    • Sure. Is this a joke?
    • Not yet! But I'll do my best! (get out of here...)

Want to help us with testings? This is the correct forum for it!

We had some misunderstandments about, how you can and can't help us, so let's get things right.

WE NEED TESTERS FOR FIGHTERS AND SHIPS, TO KEEP THE BALANCE FOR NR AND THE EMPIRE.

What do you need for that?

Well most important thing is, you need lot of freetime, because you shall actually play the game with the new statistics, as often as you can.

How this will work out?

You'll recieve masked fighters/ships ( you wont see the new graphics and the enc. entries ) with the new stats. This will be done by sending you all the cards, you need for testing. You only have to load them with RebEd. In tactical, graphics won't be replaced, as the new models are top secret again. But you don't need them anyway.

Not all ships will be released for testing, but most of them shall be tested.

So you shall test the more basic ships, and not the special ones, they will remain secret for now.

We need realistic testings. First, open the orginial Rebellion, and play with it. Try to understand, what the AI does, what ship does he like, what fighters... You also should know the difference between your fighters. So, you need to be an enlightened Rebellion player, who always wins the game on hard, starting the game with only one sector or even one planet :)

This can take some time, but it only requires some experience playing Rebellion. If you do the testings, yo'll have to send all your reports via e-mail. We want to produce a similar power balance as it was in Rebellion. Or even better!

INTERESTED? POST HERE!

Man... I've never actually played against the computer with the ability to build TIE Defenders and SSD's before. I normally have all of the enemy shipyards destroyed by day 1500 at the latest and galaxy wide blockading begins by day 1700. And that's after starting with only 1 sector before. So really I don't have as much experiance as I should in dealing with the A.I. and its tactics.

The AI defends Coruscant with everything it can. That's fine except I take Coruscant by day 800-900 and with it the Imperial fleet if I'm playing the rebels. And if I play as the Empire... well lets just say:

http://dmeb.net/dveb/sounds/forgivin.wav

( And I'm the Emperor :wink: )

I dunno if i'd be a very good candidate for this since I have alot less free time than I used to. It would be cool to try out though.

• 1 month later...

Are requests for testing help something to be expected soon (ie by Dec) or something we aren't likely to get for awhile (Next year, at least.), jsut so I don't have to worry about holding my breath anymore, and can exhale.

One reason I ask is by next year circumstances will hav changed more many people-some will havem ore experience, some will have different classes, new jobs, etc. As time passes, so does RL. I'm not sayign I can't do it anymore, cause I could if I was sent stuff to test, but if its nto goign to be for quite awhile I suggest a new thread or whatnot closer to when or when testers are actually neede.

(Just in case all you others are busy testing stuff I haven't gotten, I'd really like to get in on it, as I did volunteer a few posts back.)

Sovereign ProtAKtor of the BEAK Imperium.

1 Corinthians 16:14 " Your every act should be done with love."

Main problem is, we do have some ship cards to finish. But it would be good if you testers could start with the fighters for now. I can send you the new fighter cards for testing. They need to be balanced. Could you give me an address where you can receive them?

Ship cards should be tested later, but together with these fighters.

Well, now that Marching band is finally over (Does a funky dance) I have the free time to test it... I have no life and few friends save for the forums where people (Cough, Dath Tex, Cough) pick on me and poke fun at me... I'd be happy to try it out for ya guys! :P

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

DarthTofu wrote:

... I have the free time to test it... I have no life and few friends save for the forums where people (Cough, Dath Tex, Cough) pick on me and poke fun at me...

My sincerest apologies DarthTofu :oops::cry: I will restrain myself as much as possible from picking on you and poking fun at you. :wink::roll::twisted:8):D:P

Good luck with the testing! ("Have fun storming the castle!" - Billy Crystal as "Max" in the Princess Bride) :)

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

My sincerest apologies DarthTofu :oops::cry: I will restrain myself as much as possible from picking on you and poking fun at you. :wink::roll::twisted:8):D:P

'Salright- I was just joshin' ya- being an ass is fun, else I wouldn't be one all the time! :P Oh, man, now I have to change that to my new sig, its official...

12/14/07

• 2 months later...

Sign me up. Also, just curious, but what is it with all you people needing 1500 days to win on hard? Are you goofing with the files, or am I just crazy for winning with hard, reb or imps, huge galaxy, in around 1000 days? Sometimes quicker, depending on how I feel like playing.

Oh, and see my other post (the "Wow" one) for my email and more info.

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

Guest Scathane
How many hours of playtime - in how many weeks/months - are we talking about, La_forge? I would like to help but I'm not sure I have the time. Could you smplify on this somewhat so that we'd get a better view?

We need experienced Rebellion fanatics to this task :)

First, we have to test fighters.

We need to get the fighters balanced as they were in the original game.

We do not recruit new tester for now, but we will definitly need more help in the future.

Yah...testing...about that...(BLOODY COMPUTER!!! Stupid ruining my stuff! Stupid disappearing certain important files!!!)

Houston...we need another shuttle. But we think we know what to do with it now...and to think...almost made it to Mars...

(It's a good thing I prefer to keep invective out of my vocabulary...STUPID COMPUTER!!!)

He's alive! Psycho infiltrator is ALIVE! Seriously, once every several months does not qualify as consistant posting :lol: Good to have you back... Again... Hopefully...

12/14/07

I come here every time somebody posts in any thread I have ever posted in. My default option is notify me when a reply is posted. Post in a thread I've posted in to get my attention. Or send me a PM.

Anyways, my last post was coded way of saying I lost certain data I am supposed to be poerfecting and I need it resent but I should have results soon. And I have exams next week.

I have a DRLC. Darth Real Life Computer.

• 10 months later...

I have plenty of free time and experience dealing with the computer (has anyone EVER seen a computer opponent build a Death Star or perform a Death Star Sabotage mission? I know there's supposed to be a cutscene for it, but I've never been able to watch it...)

Regardless, I'd love to help with testing the ships & fighters, or anything else (although, I don't know what else I could help with seeing as I lack art skills... perhaps with the voice acting if you want me to.)

Hello everyone. Have been on the group for some time now. Like to say very good mods i enjoyed them alot. Brought back some great fun to the old game which i hate to say is still one of my favs. Is reloaded still going on? I thought i read here in the forums that it would be out about the time of empire at war but still nothing? I would love to help in any way maybe testing or something. I still like to play rebellion a few hours a day most days so have the time. I do hope it gets done what ive seen and read so far it will be a great new game. While again hi to everyone.