What To Do To Help Reloaded If

PsychoInfiltrator

you can't do voices.

I, personally have the following situation-

Pentium 1.

Win 95.

Low-level comp hardware, no mike, not likely to get mike, partially because nothing's compatible with this thing. The computer doesn't even acknowledge the existence of the next-model keyboard when hooked up.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who can't do voices. And instead of the genral community being bashed for not helping with Rebellion, or not doing voices, which at least some of us can't do, I'd like to know if there is anything ELSE. If there isn't, fine, I'd love to help, but if I can't, I'll live. If there is something else that can be done, maybe somebody (hopefully including me) can help you guys.

With Regards,

Psych.

PS: To be very honest, one's enthusiasm for something becomes dampaned when one's thread asking something is closed for breakign a rule (asking a totally different question). The last time I read through the Reloaded info stuff, there were partial or complete progressreports every now and agian. If nothing else of import has changed, fine-I'll do my best to rectify that situation as stated above. But having my head hit with a proverbial lead club is not fun. It looked alot like a traditional case of collateral damage.

Sovereign ProtAKtor of the BEAK Imperium.

1 Corinthians 16:14 " Your every act should be done with love."

Umm, I don't know for certain but a) most compys come with mikes, and I think I have an old Windows Pentium one microphone lying around. Yup, big, ugly, ancient, and with no company name on it. Sorry. B) I think you can have someone make the sound files that you want and then get them PMed to you.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

a) Mine didn't. (It also didn't come with a decent graphics card, ethernet thing, sound thingy, or speakers.)

b) therefore is moot point, and none of this has to do with my actual question.

No, see, I mean just tell someone that you want a sound file that says "I have completed my mission" or something. They can record it on their mike, zip it to an E-mail, or post it on the site, and then you can use it through, say, Windows media player or something.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

if you can go online and post messages here with your computer, and play Rebellion on it, then you can record voices too.

Just go to the local electronics store and buy yourself a mike for €2,- or $2,- (a really bad-ass cheap one will do!).

Put it in your own pc, someone else's pc, or go to college with your mike, and record at will! You don't need special software, all Windows versions have Sound Recorder

Z'anthr saves the world. Sorry about the mess...

I have no driver's license and no good electronics stores within a 1 hour driving round trip anyway, so I can't just go and get a microphone.

And anyways, this is all beside the point, reread the title of this thread.

(The only thing that this has pointed out is exactly how lazy those of you with the equipment really are! -not counting the people who actually are doing sound stuff.)

(The only thing that this has pointed out is exactly how lazy those of you with the equipment really are! -not counting the people who actually are doing sound stuff.)

Or done and submitted wav files, which are more or less done apart from a few remaining holes...

Dude, i'll say something addressed to all but including you given you are a newbee and haven't been around for so long. The game by very definition is graphics orientated. Most of what you spend an hour or two playing it see is non-animated images. Reduced to the game's various dll entries, we are talking several thoudand replacements to replace everything, and to work as images away from photoshop apart from some hasty TC conversion. At the bottom of this forum is evidence as tio exactly why it is taking so long. I would remind you that none of the team owe any of you anything. It will be done when it is done and when we we are happy with it. Reloaded is, and by definition, a work of personal endeavor for love of an aging game, that continues to be defiant of the years.

Evaders quite correctly locked a topic becouse of frequent antagonistic attacks from people who assume EaW is Rebellion II, and will be the death of any further interest or involvement in Rebellion. It gets utterly boring. They are, or will be, utterly different games. Time will tell which endures through many factors, how fun each is to play, how epic, how much can be modded like Rebellion, etc. My bet is on the simpler. It's fun to have flashy graphics and such gameplay, but also a point where epic gameplay can involve the mind; something EaW hasn't exited me to a point of frenzy.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Maybe I should have spent more time on my first post...that's very much what I was trying to say. If only the longtimers weren't so anti-new people, always thinking the worst. Well, not everybody's like that, to be fair.

With Regards,

Psych.

Edited by PsychoInfiltrator

:o

Hey, whats this flame-around here?

Maybe you should make a list of your skill, that we possiply could need on the project. And by time, we will need testers for the game. Even now we need some for our "fighter stats" problem. We have our fighters pretty unbalanced ...and such. And for the ships too. So we could need a help in testing the ship anf fighter balances.

Help is always appreciated of course, but for the project we do have some priorities and sheets. I'm sure you can understand that.

And come back frequently to see if it's finished! :P

Ahhh! Progress! There IS in fact something else I might be able to do!

Well, lets see...

I...

can do game testing,

can't do DLL (don't know how)

can't do graphics (same reason)

can offer compliments and flattery if required, :wink:

can dig up hard to find information (for encyclopedia entries, or realistic character statting, for example, if needed)

can (and already do) try to direct Rebellion fans to the site, including former SWAGers

can come up with ideas and use creativity to solve problems (useful for gametesting, methinks)

can theoretically do something else not on the list because I don't know what you need.

With Regards,

Psych.

Right! First thing you could do is getting very familiar with RebEd, which is good for both of us :) RebEd will be essential for testing things.

If you would like to do some testing fo us, please "sign up" in the I want to help...testing" topic in this forum. If there are some serious offers, I'll get the team together, and see, what exactly needs to be tested.

can (and already do) try to direct Rebellion fans to the site, including former SWAGers

can come up with ideas and use creativity to solve problems (useful for gametesting, methinks)

These are skills that we will need :) Getting people to the site should raise the number of capable voice actors again. And of course more players for the TC.

• 2 months later...
I am willing to help out with some things too. I have some minor experience in writing and journalism so i might be able to help with the encyclopedia, and i always have creative ideas swirling around. sorry to say, i havent much computer experience in the fields of DLL and graphics, bit i am a fast learner if anyones willing to show me how. i may be new to this site, but ive been playing this game for ages, so if i could help in any way, id love to.