Reloaded team

AdmiralToguroAni

In the post by Psychoinfiltrator (now closed), Evaders mentions something about progress being slowed because people are asking questions instead of helping. My question then is this: What can we do to help in Reloaded if we aren't talented artists? Working on a TC myself, I know the workings of the DLL files, how to create/replace voice files, music, etc. If I could be of any help to you people at all, then feel free to use me as a resource.

Even if you don't want me in particular, posting some things that you would like help with might encourage other people who have different skills to come in and help.

Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

Hello Toguro, i am working on my Yavin TC, and i request ur help, if u know anything about replacing and the locations of the voice files.

I've put Obi Wan in the game, and replacing his pozition with Leia.

I have a few voices with Obi Wan, but i have to know where is located and in wich pozition Leia's voices to change between.

Coz in this way Obi Wan can fight with vader and palpatine.

I have picture when obi wan fight vader and a voice for it, too : something like this : now the circle is complete,when i left u i was the learner now i am the master...

And for palpy and ben i didnt have idea yet wich picture i will place,but from the SW Galactic Battleground i have two voices wich i can place for that event : your friends will die, and after that an evil laugh.

and to can change that voices i have to know in wich DLL is stored,and in wich pozition.

Can u give for me a detailed list of this voices ?

If u can please announce me coz my TC almost done, only this things i have to resolve, and after that will be avaialable for download.

Thx much.

And yes, i have an another question.

Lots of voices i have in mp3 and others in wav, and i have to unite 2 voices to put in DLL's.

My question is,do u know a good program to handle both voice file types ?

To unite,separate,convert from mp3 to wav, and vice-versa.

If u know, tell the programs name, and i will aquire from somewhere.

Thx again.

In the post by Psychoinfiltrator (now closed), Evaders mentions something about progress being slowed because people are asking questions instead of helping. My question then is this: What can we do to help in Reloaded if we aren't talented artists? Working on a TC myself, I know the workings of the DLL files, how to create/replace voice files, music, etc. If I could be of any help to you people at all, then feel free to use me as a resource.

Even if you don't want me in particular, posting some things that you would like help with might encourage other people who have different skills to come in and help.

This is a good post, and I will deal with it the best I can. If you have ever gone exploring with Resource Hacker into the files of Rebellion you will realize the obvious that it is ultimately a graphic-intensive game. It wasn't designed to be a flashy first person shooter, and grander in scope than something like deep space combat like Homeworld. Sadly, as far as progress goes, it is ultimately graphics that are wanting!

The good news is that the chief artworker is Lord_La_Forge, who is, in case you hadn't already gathered, one hell of an artist. So the dlls are in safe hands. He is ultimately working alone on what's left to do. I was involved in helping redesigning the ingame GUI, but came to the limit of what I can personally achieve. Most has been done; what's left would be quicker under his supervision if the thread now at the bottom of this forum had achieved better results...

Anyway, so how can you still help? Voice files. Some still need to be done. I am presently not in a position to oversee this however due to a non-broadband connection and my life being a bit crap. Hopefully things will change, but another member of the team needs to step in here and see this one through.

Movies: Long shot, but speak to The_Mask if you reckon you can help out on this front....

Other members might expand...

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Um, yeah, about those voices. i now have mike hooked up to my compy- how the hell do I store voice files? I inda don't know what happened to the manual, this thing being about four or five years old and discovered in a dust-covered plastic bag. It doesn't have a brand, so I doubt you'll have any clue how to help with it, but is there, like, a place that it would be most likely to be installed to where I could find the files or something?

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I don't have that program. I have Windows media player and movie maker, but no sound recorder is showing up. On the up side I can use it to talk to Microsoft word...

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Open windows sound recorder, record what you want on the mike, hit file, save, then choose the directory.

I just have Windows media player.

Anyidea where I could get the right kind of recording software now that I have a working mic?

For our new voice artist-to-be:

• right-click somewhere in a folder
    choose new... --> wave/sound file
    give it a name (extension .wav)
    rightclick on the wave file
    choose record
    then sound recorder will open

try it out and send some files to the_Mask!

Z'anthr saves the world. Sorry about the mess...

save the files as 8 bit 22khz, or as (128kb) mp3s, though.

I'm still on dial-up, until the next semester starts :(

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

So send them to my way! Just record some sample lines.

We need the following character voices:

C'baoth

Luke

Mon Calamari advisor

Wnat to help with anything else? Probably, there will be more task in the future, and then I shall request help again.

Currently we need voice actors, but if you like to play Rebellion a lot, and you have time for it, you can be a tester too. We need to test the ship and fighter balances of the TC. Anyone interested? If so, enter the "I want to help! - other" topic.