Battle for Coruscant - Imperial NJO era

Defender_16

I think you're giving the Vong way too much credit. The only time they even visited our galaxy before the invasion was before the Clone Wars, yes. But in one of the books Vergere clearly mentions that they leave almost right away, blindly believing they had easily won the battle and that the rest of the galaxy would've been just as easy. That's just one scout and he brought back no useful information to the rest of the Vong (because Zonama Sekot's ships were completely different from everyone else's).

Ah, that's not entirelly correct Igor. Yes the Vong attacked Zonama Sekot, and yes that fleet left quickly - but that was because they were defeated in battle. That's why the Vong who knew about Zonama (that being Shimmra and some others at the time) were so affraid of the planet.

And they didn't stop at Zonama - Zonama was the reason why the Vong were far more catious, it's why they took their time in invading the galaxy as they knew that they could be easily defeated and didn't know the galaxies capabilites.

The series mentions on many occations of spies being planted in the galaxy over the 50 years that they had been waiting. In the second novel of the NJO series Coran and Ganner head to that planet (forget it's name) where an archioligical dig had found the skeletal remains of a Vong that had been in the galaxy for a very long time spying. And as mentioned in other novels, he wasn't the only one.

Even if they did somehow stumble upon a small Republic patrol, this would've alerted Palpatine to an unknown new enemy and redoubled his efforts to make grand superweapons (for example the sun crusher which could wipe out an entire yuuzhan vong fleet in seconds). However, to the Vong themselves (even if luckily victorious) this would give away very little information except for the fact that the enemy was easily defeated and maybe little minutia such as the Republic having no counters for the dovin basals.

I dont see how that would have alerted Palpatine to an unkown enemy. The Vong would have struck quickly and the patrol wouldn't have known what was happening - like in Vector Prime with Kyp's Dozen not realising until it was too late that the asteroids were fighters.

The Republic forces wouldn't have had the chance to send out a message before being destroyed. And all that would have done was alert the Republic to an aggressor - pirate activity and with the rescent fighting at Naboo with the Trade Federation being let off there'd be a lot of anger and a lot of people to blame.

And the force wouldn't help much if at all as the Vong can't be felt through the force and that during the NJO peroid, characters like Luke rarely got visions of the future regaurding the Vong.

As for

Since the Vong do not take prisoners, do not leave anyone alive, they could not have interrogated the Republic patrol. They would probably not have found out about the battle at Naboo, and a growing Separatists movement. But even if they did, it would've only fueled their belief that the galaxy as a whole was consumed in a sad power struggle and would be easily crushed by a 3rd party.

This is wrong as well. The Vong do take prisoners, torture them for information and then sacrfice them. Though, a lot of the time they do skip the trying to gain information - but not the torture.

But, look at Vergere and Elegos who, in one way or another, were in effect taken prison and used to learn about the galaxy. Same went for Tahri who was also used as an experiment.

There are other moments in the series where this happens - Danni Quee and to the end of the series a host of NR officers like Cracken and the Rogue squadron guy who's name I can't recall :roll:

By the time the Vong entered the galaxy they knew a lot about the military of the galaxy, but they had a short falling with the culture of the galaxy as well as other small details which would have been useful against the NR.

They would not have known about any superweapons, because they didn't exist at the time. They would not have known about any of the grand capital ships, because the Clone Wars hadn't begun yet and the massive ships such as the Procurator-class or Mandator-class, both inferior to an Executor-class or even a Sovereign-class. Because they would not have engaged in any wars (at least not with the Republic/Separatists.. others dont matter because they would've used different tactics/strategies) they could not have had an in-depth look on what a major galactic government would do to lead a war.

During their initial attack, no. Though as I mentioned there were spies in the galaxy since their first incurssion and would have known about the super weapons of the Empire - assuming the Rebellion was defeated, some weapons wouldn't have been known about like the Sun Crusher and Sovereign. However, I'm not sure if all the newer super weapons would have been created if the Rebellion had been defeated.

And the Clone War would have been a good war to watch an learn about weapons and strategies used by the galaxy they were going to invade.

However, because of their one easy battle and their blind religious belief, they would go back to their masters and report that the rest of the galaxy would just as easily roll over. The only person to even doubt this, their Supreme Overlord, would already be replaced by Shimmra by the time the real invasion started.

Don't forget that the original Supreme Overlord didn't want to attack this galaxy due to Zonama - Shimmra did, and used it to gain support through the ranks on the Vong.

Their religion was blinding, but it was also part of why they were so sucessful - it gave them purpose, a reason to die fighting, to fight harder as well as other quirks that gave them advantages in battle. Liking pain doesn't seem like it would be an annoyance. Completely loathing your enemy as well, so you wont give them an inch etc.

It resembles some real-world religions/societies over the times. I wont mention them, because it will probably lead to a flame war :?

But in the end, this would be the major flaw to their society that would be their undoing.

On a purely technological basis, the Empire wouldn't even need to adapt to the Vong as quickly as the New Republic did. Starfighter lasers had a hard time penetrating the dovin basals, however capital ships' turbolasers packed so much power the dovin basals would overload and leave the Vong ships defenceless. The Empire, at this point would've had at least a dozen Executors (of the ones they built in the NR timeline, and probably more to instill fear into the galaxy) and at least several Sovereigns which would become the *new* mainstay supership. Alternatively, they could've developed something even better, in which case the Vong would have even a harder time.

Well, we all know how well turbolasers work againt fighters - Death Star or Star Destroyer anyone :lol:

While I think the novels kind of over react with the turbolaser thing most of the time, they can't replace laser cannons in anti-fighter warefare - hence the Lancer Frigate.

Besides, that was one tactic that came to mind - for all we know they could take it to an new level and make some worldship into a massive battle station like they thought it was in Edge of Victory II.

Supposing now the Vong engaged in battle with the Empire, with their fervelent belief they would easily win.. if the Empire had most of their real fleets in the Core/Inner Rim, the Yuuzhan Vong could easily roll over the Outer Rim capturing many minor planets in the process, fueling their belief they would easily win the war. During this time, they could be observed by the Imperial powerfigures/strategicians/tacticians (or not), at which point they could mass all of their superships into several fleets and in one swift strike deal a mortal blow to the Yuuzhan Vong.

Well, that's what happened with the NR - rolling through the Outer Rim, but it hardly made them more cocky. The biggest disadvantage of the Vong's religion was that they believed everyone else was bellow them. Which proved fatal at Ithor.

However, after this one mistake they were still infidels - but they weren't underestimated.

The fleets farthest away and in planets that the Empire couldn't care for would be destroyed by the Sun crusher, the bigger Worldships would be taken care by the Death Star(s), and any other huge ships would be taken out by the Sovereigns' superlaser. All other smaller ships could act as mere support while the Vong would die in their foolish belief that the Gods were merely playing a trick on them.

I guess you didn't like the Vong :lol::roll:

This is why the officers of the Remnant were so confident about the Empire easily defeating the Yuuzhan Vong. A more powerful, flexible adversary would always trump a lesser, conservative one.

No, the Remnant were confident in defeating them because that's apparently a characteristic of the Empire - that they believe they can defeat all and usually fail trying. Well, that's at least what 90% of the EU novels show - something I've disliked for a long time.

Anywho, the only Imperial's view I'd believe are those who were in the fighting line when they actually engaged the Vong or Palleon. And Palleon hardly considered them a push over most of the time, especially after fighting them.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Guest JediIgor

The series mentions on many occations of spies being planted in the galaxy over the 50 years that they had been waiting. In the second novel of the NJO series Coran and Ganner head to that planet (forget it's name) where an archioligical dig had found the skeletal remains of a Vong that had been in the galaxy for a very long time spying. And as mentioned in other novels, he wasn't the only one.

Good call, I entirely forgot about the spies.. :). Although they hardly had penetrated the higher echelons of the Republic, or one day a Jedi would've stumbled upon them, realized that he/she couldn't sense the other person in the Force and alert everyone else. So it must've been done on a very low level, like a random mechanic or something.

I dont see how that would have alerted Palpatine to an unkown enemy. .................. And the force wouldn't help much if at all as the Vong can't be felt through the force and that during the NJO peroid, characters like Luke rarely got visions of the future regaurding the Vong.

Aren't pirates an unknown enemy? And if nobody knew about the pirates before, then they would be a new enemy. I also never mentioned the Force, I thought it would be obvious that Palpatine had at that point had connections in the entire Republic and as such would been informed by one of his spies as to the whereabouts of a given Republic patrol. Plus, the Republic had a small navy at the time, something like this would surely be a cause for an investigation (and since they would find out it wasn't pirates, they would eventually conclude they didn't know who it was.. etc).

During their initial attack, no. Though as I mentioned there were spies in the galaxy since their first incurssion and would have known about the super weapons of the Empire - assuming the Rebellion was defeated, some weapons wouldn't have been known about like the Sun Crusher and Sovereign. However, I'm not sure if all the newer super weapons would have been created if the Rebellion had been defeated.

And the Clone War would have been a good war to watch an learn about weapons and strategies used by the galaxy they were going to invade.

The Sun Crusher was in the pipeline before Tarkin died onboad the Death Star. It would've been definitely completed and Daala would report back to the Emperor only to find out her lover was dead.. the Eclipse and the Sovereign are doubtful, however if the Empire wanted to wage a successful war against the Ssi-Ruuvi and maybe the Chiss Imperium, they would probably end up constructing many of those as well (note one of the books has a description of the Ssi-ruuvi controlling almost as many planets as did the Empire/Rebellion during the height of the GCW).

While I think the novels kind of over react with the turbolaser thing most of the time, they can't replace laser cannons in anti-fighter warefare - hence the Lancer Frigate.

Besides, that was one tactic that came to mind - for all we know they could take it to an new level and make some worldship into a massive battle station like they thought it was in Edge of Victory II.

Do we know if the shaper that came before Nen Yim added anything to the Yuuzhan Vong library of knowledge (the last cortex iirc), or not? I think this was never mentioned, but if the shapers had not expanded the knowledge for several hundred years then there's no way they could've come up with the designs.

Even if they did, I don't see why they would've designed new ships, since if they designed anything at all, it would be based on the Clone Wars era of a time when there were no superships. As for the Lancers, you should try playing Warlords again and you will see an Executor is more than a match for hundreds of starfighters ;). Not like in XvT where one T/F can take it out :).

Ok I'm finally going to post some of my ideas on what would happen. Unfortunately I've been so busy I haven't really been able to analyse the full extent of the war.

Although they hardly had penetrated the higher echelons of the Republic, or one day a Jedi would've stumbled upon them, realized that he/she couldn't sense the other person in the Force and alert everyone else.

There are always people Like Viqi Shesh arround... heyyyy.... She could actually be alive in this timeline and still be very well placed. Kuat was very powerfull when the Empire was in power. Perhaps even more so than it was to the NR in it's war against the Vong.

To show I don't play favourites I've designed a new fighter for the Empire. Though my intent is to still find a way to have as large a war as in the NJO, the Imperials need their XJ3 equivilant in the timeline. :D:wink:

http://web.ripnet.com/~jdprosper/tie_gauntlet%20Small.GIF

(I think the imps would like these things because you can just choose to not produce many of the modules and it's just your basic style cheap TIE Craft. Fast as an A-Wing but still a tin can. )

Wow, where to begin. Chronological order would be best I'm guessing.

The Empire wins the Battle of Endor. However this battle turns out atleast some rebels are going to escape, (not many but some.) Mabey say 5 of them in starfighters. (A-Wings)

The Rebellion, though defeated would simply go underground and essentially become the equivilant of one of the many pirate bands throught the galaxy. (I'm reminded of the pirate groups in I,Jedi.) I have no comment on what would happen to Luke, Leia, Han and the rest for now.

There is no garuntee that the Empire would have gained the Entrenchment technology from defeating the Ssi-Ruuvi. Most of the damage done to the Ssi-Ruuvi Imperium was by the Chiss E.D.F. when their borders (most likely) came under attack. The Empire may have continued on into Ssi-Ruuvi space and conquered them but they would have probably tried to destroy their technology lest their enemy use it on them. :)

Like most exotic technologies some or most of it would have ended up at the Mount Tantiss storehouse. Even with some of it recovered, I don't think this tech would have become very widespread, as the Emperor might want to keep it for himself in ways to prolong his life. (Or the lives of choice followers.)

I also agree that Palpatine would begin constructing a New Sith Order much along the lines of what was said above by others. He would certainly have many of people to choose from. Mara Jade would essentially remain the puppet she was and Kam would keep his old job. Dathomir would continue to be a source to draw dark side adepts from with the large population of Witches there.

The Rebellion would continue in the outer rim territories and some remote locations but I don't think the Empire would (need to) resort to totaly erasing any more species. Even durring the Krytos Virus outbreak Isard had been planning to contain select populations of certain species that had proven useful in labour such as Wookies and Sullustans. The Bothans on the otherhand I doubt would be as lucky as Isard considered them a primary target for extermination.

I can easily see an area about the size of the Imperial Remnant becoming a Rebel stronghold arround Mon Cal. Of course that entire area would have been crushed by the Imperials several times. Everyone would just scatter and stay hidden except for raiding.

I feel confident that Vader would have been able to deal with the Mount Tantiss incident with Jorus C'boath (sp?) or perhaps Palpatine had him created on purpouse? Who knows, but most of the more serious incidents through the galaxy that plagued the NR would have been taken care of by the Empire easily.

Droid fighters would be introduced on a massive scale but these would be more suplemental, similar to how they were used by Zinj. One human pilot and a Droid wingmate which would shadow and cover them. Certain Elite Units would be upgraded with TIE Defenders and Avengers. Gun and missile boats would undergo a resurgance in the support role and Skipray blastboats would also be numerous. The Empire's missile production would remain mostly focused on Concussion missiles rather than Torpedos much as it has always been.

At this point infiltration of the galaxy begins. Vong Infiltrators would have an easy time infiltrating the Rebel factions, Hutt Syndicates or Black Sun and even the Empire. Unless they were to come into close contact with a Dark Jedi there isn't much that would give them away. In the event a Vong was ever seen without an Oooglith Masquer it would look like "Just another Alien" to most imperials. In a worst case secnario the infiltrator would kill themselves before any information could be wrouight out of them.

When the invasion finally began, all the Vong would need to do is close off the nearby sectors quickily enough to stop communications from getting out.

Nom Anor's sucess in the anti-Jedi Peace Brigade could be just as effective when used against the populations of the empire.

Defender_16 Nanaca Crash Record of 5100m says:

The Peace Brigade + Rebel Remnant would have to team up with the Hutts to give the vong an even chance

I hate money says: holy...and they wouldn't do that

Defender_16 says:

if the Brigade could swing the Corporate Sector over they might get a decent chance.

And Palpatine has resurrected the Sith by finding force sensiteves from across the galaxy. (Kam used to be a Jedi Hunter)

I hate money says: lol...nice

Defender_16 says: He'd still have his job. So would Mara

I hate money says: whoa...good point

the rebels still wouldn't join the Vong...that would be just wrong

wrong=vong lol

Defender_16 says: They could use the Vong attacks to their advantage and use the distraction to target the Empires weak points.

I figured the Rebellion and the Brigade would knock out most of the Main Hypercom relays causing atleast a partial breakdown in communication and the chain of command.

Also if The empire is going to learn how to use their weapons effectively, enough of them have to survive a battle to say how it's done.

I hate money says:true

Defender_16 says: TIE's = no shields

I hate money says:OOOOOOO...no good

Defender_16 says: The Empire didn't put shields on their TIEs for the most part because their fighters are ment to be disposable

I hate money says:well they can't be against the Vong

Defender_16 says: So the Star Destroyers would lose their fighter cover in the first 2-5 Minutes of an average engagement. then it's ships only for the Imps.

SD's with standard targeting turbolasers, and light cruiser escorts which might be able to protect themselves from skip attacks. The SD's would have 10 minutes at most without support.

I hate money says:whoa!!

Defender_16 says: Hey you have a Vong Cruiser plus seventy Skips all pounding on your ship at once you're not going to last long.

So the initial invasion wave would cause alot of damage to the Imps. I'd guess the entire DarkTide I Invasion Corridor plus the area that became the Imperial remnant could be taken before a suficient respons could begin to arrive.

I hate money says:i thought you were arguing before that the Imps would win?

Defender_16 says: No I'm arguing that it would be a balanced war.

I designed a new series of TIE Fighter for the Imps (the NR had their XJ3's) and I've developed a special type of Vong Skip Carrier.

This new carrier hurles un-manned skips at targets and can use a Yammosk to more accurately controll their flight at longer ranges.

*Hurls*

I hate money says:ahaha...nice

Defender_16 says: Oh yeah. Since the Solo kids wouldn't be arround in this timeline then Danny Qui wouldn't have been rescued by Jacen at the start of the Invasion.

Plus since Mon Calimari would have been attacked many more times by the Empire, that means the team that developed the Yammosk Jammer is effectively dead.

I hate money says:lol

Defender_16 says: Jag would still be alive though

I hate money says:YAY!...hahaha. seriously...that poor guy....stupid Jaina.

Defender_16 says: I know! I can have Jag rescue Danni Qui

I hate money says:hahahah. there....that would be good. lol

Defender_16 says: So no more love triangles with either Jania or Jacen.

I hate money says:thank god

From what I can tell from my analysis, if the Vong succeeded at having the rebellion and other groups take down parts of the holonet they might be able to take most if not all of the Imperial Remnant and be most of the way to Garqi before an Imperial force could be assembled that actually knew what they would be going up against. Bastion and Yaga Minor would be hit hard and fast for sure.

Well timed uprisings in other parts of the out rim by systems sympathetic to the Rebellion might be able to through enough confusion into the mix to give the Vong the foothold they need. The Corporate Sector is yet another Wild Card along with the Hutts. The CSA went so far as to openly aid the Peace Brigade in the NJO at times.

Former Rebels looking for any way to hurt the Empire would carry with them enough Combat and Command experiance the shape the Brigade into a fighting force far more dangerous than it was in the NJO.

In books like Destiny's way and later we saw that the Vong were more than willing to suplement their forces with Brigader and Mercenary units wehen they began to take losses. With the Vong spreading anti-Imperial propaganda that they were "Liberating" worlds from the Empire a whole new wave of Galactic Civil War could erupt. With Rebel forces springing up while the brigade and Vong mainfleets cut an invasion route toward the core.

Some rebel groups might not be actively helping the Vong but instead trying to carve out their own areas. This scattering would start to strain the Empires resources, slowly but steadily.

Super Star Destroyers though would be numerous enough by that time to be deployed one to each major crisis. Say 30-50 SSD's maximum through the fleet.

(OMG Ive been typing and copying for an hour and a half now. X_x )

I've got more arguments for both sides and a niftly little story sequence if I ever get it finished.

Ohtehnoes! It's a double post! :D

( The Sacreliege of double posting is worse for me as I used to be a forum moderator. BUT! This topic's going to die if I don't. )

Ok I've been working out possible invasion strategies and more importantly;

The Big and small players of the New Sith Order conflict.

-The Empire

One of those well of course! things. The size of the Imperial starfleet has already been mentioned several times in this thread. 24 Star Destroyers and many smaller ships per sector fleet, totaling 25,000 destroyers across the galaxy. No telling how many of those destroyers were assigned to oversectors though. The Emperor maintains his secret stronghold on Byss where a sizeable reserve fleet waits while he rules from Coruscant itself. Occasionally Palpatine may "Go on vacation" to Byss where many of the new sith are trained in seclusion. The Sith Temples of Yavin also provide a training ground for the Dark side adept.

The Death Star which was completed at Endor is still a major symbol of the power of the Empire but it is not lightly flaunted. At most times the Station is hidden away at secure locations but occasionally is brought out to show people that it is still a threat. Many of the other super weapons developed over the years remain unused and secured where only Palpatine may have access to them.

Super Star Destroyers of many types are deployed at several places throught the galaxy. Each Grand Admiral has access to one and many of the Grand Moffs do as well.

-The Chiss Imperium

Maintaining their hold over much of the Unknown Regions, the Chiss continue to remain hidden away from the rest of the Galaxy. Thrawn remains an important figurehead for his people and has recruited many of the best officers he can find from through the galaxy to help the Chiss hold back the untold horrors that lurk arround their space. Barron Soontir Fel and his family dissapeared shorly after a conversation with Thrawn and are presumably in Chiss space.

-Yuuzhan Vong

The Invading species from beyond the Galaxy has been preparing for invasion for nearly half a century. With Advanced spies like Nom Anor infiltrating the various major groups for as early as fifteeen years before the invasion, the Vong know what to expect. Though more than prepared to fight the Imperial forces head on the Warrior Caste has been ordered to work heavily with the deception sect to find ways of destroying their enemy from within to conserve their forces for fighting in the Core.

-Corporate Sector Authority(CSA)

The government of the Corporate Sector is as corrupt as they come and would be more than happy to help hunt down Force users, dark or light, that ended up in their space. Much of their older military hardware has a tendancey dissapear, finding their way into the hands of pirates mercenaries or Rebels. Dozens of Assault Frigates are rumored to have been built for Rebel groups in the outlying parts of the sector. Though supposedly loyal to the Emperor, the CSA has proven time and again it is after money first.

-Hutts

Much like the CSA the Hutts are more concerned about money than what happens to the rest of the galaxy. Controlling most of the rebuilt Black Sun organization, organized crime and illicet materials smuggeling has never thrived before as it does now. With the Empire starting to encroach more and more on their space and the cost of Palpatine's bribes slowly increasing, some Hutts have taken up paying off Rebel groups in attempts to distract the Imperals.

-The Peace Brigade

A Collaborationist organization built up by infiltrators like Nom Anor leading up to the invasion. This group is made up of many disparate elements with sometimes conflicting or competing goals. Pirates, mercenaries, Rebels and criminals all have a place in this group. Most are simply looking to hurt the Empire that hurt them in the past but some join thinking to be spared if the Yuuzhan Vong eventually win.

-Rebel Alliance

A scattered group of peoples who have become little more than Pirates to the Imperial Forces. Lead by Garm Bel Iblis this group has been known to be a severe nusance and can take days or weeks to drive out of sectors at times. This group hold the last few Mon Calamari Cruisers built before the planet was captured, as well as much of the former Katana Fleet. More than a few Imperial Officers have defected to this group with their Star Destroyers over the years but the numbers remain miniscule.

-Hapes Cluster

Hapes continues to maintain it's nutrality in the galaxy though anti-Jedi and Sith feelings still continue on. By Fleet mandate, any Imperial ship that enters Hapan space is to be considered lost no matter the situation.

No attempts to recover ships that stray into the region are to ever take place. The Queen mother of Hapes maintains contact with the Emperor and they maintain a non agression pact. Any ship entering the others territory is considered an act by a rouge commender. Hapes pays an annual tribute to the Empire in return for this arrangement.

EDIT: Decided to respond to some stuff above.

As for Kre'Fey, I really wasn't impressed with him. I think he was over-played.

Kre'Fey's skill level and morality seemed to change per author. I have to admit though that while he might not have been as impressive from a Command standpoint I was prepared to accept that because he was much less experienced compared to some of the others like Iblis and Antillies. The term "Adaquate" comes to mind. The fact that I didn't end up hating him as much as I do most Bothans was a real plus though. :)

Ok, totally agree except we know that there was a bigger Rebel fleet gathering at Sullust that was being used as a distraction.

Also, if the Rebel fleet were lost at Endor, there was this other fleet as well as unknown vessels not mentioned and the main players of the Rebellion were still alive like Mon Mathma - so we can speculate that the Rebel Alliance would have kept fighting and more Imperials would have defected over time.

Yes, GAT is right, the Rebel fleet at Sullust was the same that attacked the Death Star. It's stated in many sources that the Soro Suub Corp/Government allowed the Alliance to stage from their planet as their main contribution to the opertaion. ( Mon Mothma would be so dead. I wouldn't even give her 1:100 odds she'd even make it to an escape pod. :twisted: )

Very true, but they would be much reduced. With such a large chunk of the upper command structure gone, those lower down in the Rebellion would be thrown into chaos, if only for a short time. Long enough for Imperial agents to take advantage of.

This point was, pherhaps, a little over-stated. The Rebellion wouldn't simply fall appart, but in the long run it would have been pushed into the Rim worlds.

There is a chance, however small, that some ships could have escaped Endor if it turned into a disater for the rebels. As I said above I wouldn't guess that any more than 5 starfighters and mabey a Corvette would escape. The fighters with the best chance at 'getting the heck out of dodge' would be A-Wings which gives Tycho a slim chance of survival. (He Survived Endor and Bakura in an A-wing in the regular series, I think he has a chance.)

Unlike the New Republic the Empire was a military regime. They focused on armament and military strenght. For a real-world comparison, the Empire is like the United States, and the New Republic is Canada (I'm not making a political statement here, it's just an example).

:D I like it. It's an apt analogy.

Your knowledge on Thrawn is a little off. Thrawn's exile to the Unkown Regions was a ruse. He was sent there by the Emperor to gather systems to join the Empire and explore. The Empire of the Hand probably wouldn't have come into existance had the Emperor survived. The Empire of the Hand was comprised of all the systems Thrawn was to bring under the banner of the Empire. I think that, had he returned to find the Empire at full strenght, those systems would simply have become part of it. Certainly he would have had his own little network of planets to use as his own, but most Imperials seem to.

This seems to fit well with everything else we know about the Expanded universe.

There is no doubt that the Chiss would have to be assimilated by force, however the Empire would be the victor in the long run. Thrawn would not have rejoined the Chiss. Unlike his banishment from the Empire, his exile from the Chiss was all-too real. Contrary to what recent novels suggest, the Chiss will not compromise their beliefs.

This is a trickey one. I'm thinking that the Chiss would for the most part remain a semi-independant state alligned with The Empire. The Chiss would be used as the Empire's shield against all of the horrible little disasters that would come into the galaxy that hide in the Unknown regions. ...Effectively throwing aliens at a problem so the Empire doesnt have to deal with it. :D

:? I thought there was only ever 1 Master, and 1 Apprentice as shown in the movies?
That's why I said he would move away from the Sith Code that we know in order to expand his influence.

And there's tons of more sith arround now if you don't have Skywalker and his Jedi Ilk running arround killing them all to "save" the galaxy. :twisted:

Perhaps my setup of the Imperial "Welcome Wagon" was overstated. Certainly the Vong would take many of the Rim worlds, but the Empire would have the military might to quash them. The New Republic ws too concerned with diplomacy and winning without exterminating. The Empire would have struck first and struck hard. The chemical agent the New Republic was developing would have been a first defence weapon for the Empire. If that didn't work, just blow them up. It's the Empires ruthlessness that would allow them to prevail quickly (perhaps two or three years).

Alpha Red as it became known was developed though a number of means. One of the primary research leaders on all things Vong was Danni Qui who stands a Very good chance of getting killed in the initial invasion as Jacen Solo rescued her. I'm not saying that some other force user couldn't rescure her in time but it's doubtful a Sith would.

Remember again, you would see two militaristic forces engaging, both of whom would not hesitate to destroy a planet to advance. The Emire would have a force roughly ten times the size of the New Republic. They would have struck first and asked questions later. Their goal would have been to wipe the Vong out. Just look at what Pallaeon was able to do with the remnants of the Imperial fleet. Now imagine what Thrawn or another Grand Admiral would do with a fraction of an Imperial fleet of thousands of ships.

We need you to keep coming up with these great points GAT. (I need to know what a problem is before I try to solve it. :lol: ) Continuing. You still need time to deploy all of those forces. The Imperials have good response times but much of that is based on good communications. Like the Holo Net. What happens when you have rogue groups systematically targeting the communications relays and destroying them? Yes there will still be an incredibly large response but it might be delayed days of even a few weeks because of being out of contact.

(Have to practice typing faster this is taking forever.) More tomorrow! Getting into the actual possible invasion strategy. If anyone has an idea on how to make the coflict more prolonged and destructive (but still give the Empire the ability to totally pwn everyone) It'd be great to hear. :D