Does anyone have a problem with Rebellion crashing when...

Teradyn

Question

a battle begins? I have a frequent problem that has had me saving every 5 game days and no multiplayer. :( When a fleet battle is about to start you get the pre-battle screen, when I hit Engage (or something) 30-40% of the time will crash to desktop.

14 answers to this question

I had that problem for a little while....I know this seems counter-intuitive, but let the game install DirectX5.0 or whatever version it was when you reinstall it. Your comp will allow it and it won't mess with other programs cause they have all newer. I was having the same problem and it fixed it.

Around REBEL HQ a perimeter create!

o hey this topic is old but im having the problem im reading about so please read and help...

i think it has to do with damaged sectors on the cd from scratches. im running a cd burn tool called "cd mate" that lets me see damaged sectors on the cd and there are a lot on my cd i guess. anyway ive tryed to copy the mdata folder on the cd to hardrive and i cyclic redundancy check error occurs when i try on this computer and an ms-dos function error happens on another computer when i try to do the same thing. ive tryed burning a copy of the cd with a copy disc to disc regular cd burning software. it says cant make disc. this leads me to believe that cd mate might be right, for what it says, the cd uses SafeDisc 1 to protect the cd from duplication. so now im tryin to make a duplicat of the cd and hopefully i can put the mdata files on hardrive from this backup copy mi tryin to make. no telling if it will work but if it doesnt ill still have a backup of the cd just in case i can figure out what i can do later on and i can make sure the disc doesnt get anymore damaged then it already is. any advice?

Who said life was full of adventure and excitement?

hey! the disc failed to write! after 5 hours of waiting! looks like im in the store you linked me to. ima go by eb games first to make sure they dont have a copy just layin around however. thanks jahled i went to the lucas arts website before yuo had sent the direct link and couldnt find a link to purchase. i guess my heart kinda sank thinkin i wouldnt be able to play this RTS. i havent played it forever i found it yesterday. ok thanks again.

hey! the disc failed to write! after 5 hours of waiting! looks like im in the store you linked me to. ima go by eb games first to make sure they dont have a copy just layin around however. thanks jahled i went to the lucas arts website before yuo had sent the direct link and couldnt find a link to purchase. i guess my heart kinda sank thinkin i wouldnt be able to play this RTS. i havent played it forever i found it yesterday. ok thanks again.

No worries dude! Linking it actually reminded me I could probably do with another copy, perhaps with Rebellion scrolling off into the distance as opposed to Supremacy...

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

• SWR Staff - Executive
Because EaW isn't going to be the same game as Rebellion :)

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Why dont you just wait a month and buy Empire at War, Rebellions just too high priced for a game thats been out around 10 years.

It will be to much for my PC to handle. Anyway, from all i've seen I must agree with Evaders. EaW simply looks very differant to Rebellion for me to hold my breath for a sequal. :roll:

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

ill try to get both becuase i see good things about empires at war, but, rebellion is a classic. ill find out if the game is any good once i finish dling the demo. o ye you guys should get xfire at http://www.xfire.com you can dl the empires at war demo from them and have a voice communication and instant message all in one program for in-game use. and im very happy to inform that the dl is 1/3 done!

pm me for my xfire name! im on for any conversation.