Attack Ratings

Sirocco

Okay, so I was playing the game as the Empire, and I built an Imperator II. I looked at the attack rating, and saw that it was around 1450! WTF, mate. That's just over a quarter what the Imperator I was listed as. When I built and Imperator III, the same issue, attack at 1450. And yet, the Imperator II is supposed to be an improvement in every way over the Imperator I. I've noticed this discrepancy with other ships, too, although their class names don't spring to mind. I'll post them if I come across them again.

Is the attack number correct? Am I hallucinating?

~Resident Warlords Curmudgeon

What the hell is an Imperator? If you're downloading Reb Ed Cards, then the stats haven't been changed, apparently. use Reb Ed and up the stats (I'm assuming these are cards since there is no Imperator in the game, much less a Mark III. Or did you just misspell Imperial several times?)

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Ah. Well, anyway, there are no imperator class I, II, or III Star Destroyers in the original game, so you simply got cards which were based off of the same Star Destroyer with no modifications made. You can either refresh the system and make everything as it was before, or you can modify the Stats with Reb Ed so that the Imperators are more lethal. Might want to make the opposition a bit tougher if you're gonna do that, though :wink:

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Darth Tofu this is the Warlords forum what Sirocco is referring to is nothing to do with Rebellion (Supremacy in Britain :P). To answer your question Sirocco don't go by the values given they're not somethin' that you can judge a ship by. Read the stat descriptions and look at the number and rating of the Turbo lasers, lasers, torpedos, concussion missles, rockets, bombs, blasters and so on, then you can see quite easily which will have more offensive firepower. Hope this helps.

Tom...

No Archibald you cannot fly me home! Especially because that which you are sitting in is a tin foil covered, card board box.

Warlords 0.45 = don't pay attention to some of the on screen info

Warlords 0.49997 = don't go by the info in the build description...as some ships have more weapons than described.

the only way to really know is go into the .ship files and count the number of weapon subsystems ;)

...but as a rule of thumb, expensive ships generally have a reason for being so, whether it is survivability, firepower, special ability etc.

v0.49997 removed the "attack rating" and "health" numbers for the ships, which were incorrect due to the way HW2 calculates things, and replaced it with a better (imo - some disagree), more minimalist UI.

errors in the build descriptions aren't exactly a pressing issue, so I guess whenever EJ gets around to it :)

but, yes, the attack rating/health confusion is sorted.

0.49997 is the beta of the beta :D

to be honest, I'm not sure where you can get it anymore either. Because it's not an actual "release" like 0.45 a few things tend to go screwy now and then.

if you've just got 0.45, just wait the few weeks/months or so until EJ releases 0.5