RR: New Republic Character Contest

Trejiuvanat

Tofu I don't think he's used RebED yet, so it's all going to be nonsense until he does... However, if the problem is something else then well pay me no attention.
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

I get how the modifier works in terms of changing the rating...

But, is the base out of 100?

So if i gave Verosin a 95 (5) rating, would that imply that on average, he has a skill of 95, but could be 9-100? 100 being perfect?

consider 100 to be your mark of "This character is good in that skill." You can create a character with say 120 combat. This guarantees that the character will be extremely proficient in combat. I think it can even go over 200. However, 100 is probably the maximum you want to assign someone if you want to be balanced with the other characters. Consider Thrawn's base 100 leadership. He's the most intelligent character in the Star Wars Universe! Anyone with over 100 in a stat should be a better diplomat/spy/combatant than Thrawn is a strategist.
Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

No no no!

A character with any rating near 100 is VERY good in his skill. Everything over 100 is overdone, for most characters.

A diplomat with a rating of 70 is a good diplomat, for instance.

General: Yes - He can Follow Orders and lead very well!

A general follows orders? Most of the time it's his job to give then, I think :wink:

Z'anthr saves the world. Sorry about the mess...