not getting caught

DarthTofu

Okay, here's the deal- my parents hate me going onto the computer and downloading anything at all- I have my sister to blame for that, primarily because she got caught. Anyway, if I were to download the mod, what would be the best way to hide it so that the files and such wouldn't be obnoxiously obvious? Fortunately my mom is clueless enough that I can practically be modding when she walks in the room, but if she finds me downloading... yeah. :roll:

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I like cheese sandwiches. I eat them in secret under my staircase where I can't be found, even when no one else is within three miles of my location.

Further more, I where my 'lucky cheese-eating baseball cap,' which is blue in colour, with a strange purple logo on the front. I play a guitar at the same time.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Umm, I meant on the computer. Like, not having them as one of the first files that you see when you open the C drive under my computer, or something. :lol:

12/14/07

Umm, I meant on the computer. Like, not having them as one of the first files that you see when you open the C drive under my computer, or something. :lol:

i do it all the time make a flodder called rebillion and put tons of tons of sub flodders and hide them in different names to and DO NOT INSTALL TO HARD DRIVE use the browse to get to your flodder

Hide them in another program's folder.

like:

C:\Program Files\GT Interactive\Driver\Rebellion mod

Why this interdiction to download? What was your sister downloading?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

This is an exceedingly sinister thread, discussing 'secrecy and what-shall-be hidden,' quite frankly it's given me the spooks; so i'm off to hide behind my left stereo speaker untill things cool down.

I've hidden the cat behind the television. Hopefully he will remain utterly motionless.... :?

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

*goes into hunter-killer mode, and sets his programming to hunt felines and their ilk*

Ok, if you want to hide the folders, do this.

1: Open 'My Computer'

2: Open 'Program Files'

3: Open 'Lucas Arts'

3: Open Star Wars Rebellion'

4: Store all files there for modding. It will take your comp less time to find it, and is deep enough to be missed my the average search by the parental units.

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.

Much thanks, amigos! While my mom is still in Georgia and my dad is still clueless as to what I'm doing on here, I shall download :twisted: As for Mad 78 asking what my sister downloaded, it was primarily TV shows and movies from Canada, Britain, or a long time ago. IE the complete first season of "Dark Angel", "Stargate" episodes, "Doctor Who" season one, "Nothing" (It's a real, funny Canadian movie!), "Treed Murray", "Elevated", and music. :D All one hundred percent legal, too!

12/14/07

Ok. First, I've never heard of this movie called "Nothing", and everything I've found on it is inconclusive. You've piqued my interest (I thought I would have seen something about this on the entertainment shows, but I guess it slipped through).

Second, I hope you were kidding about the "All one hundred percent legal, too!" part :wink: .

Third, I think you best bet would be to explain what you are doing (or what you want to do) to your mother. Frankly the trouble you'll (and you will at some point alas) get into for hiding it isn't worth it my friend. (i'm still trying to wrap my mind around the concept of having, or wanting for that matter, to hide any sort of Rebellion or RebEd files)

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

You would be surprised how good I am at hiding stuff- I am very paranoid, as in, I'll jump and have the crap scared out of me when my alarm clock goes off in the morning. :roll: As for 100% legal, well, it is. It's called bit torrent, and basically you get thousands of files that, by themselves, are worthless, that eventually recompile themselves into the complete movie or TV show. Lastly, "Nothing" is a Vinchenzo Natali movie (If you've ever seen Cube, that's reason enough to watch it!) that involves two guys who are complete losers. They're having very very bad days. One is too afraid to leave his house, and in taking out the trash is locked out. A girl scout comes along and opens the door for him, then he asks her to leave, and, somewhat forcefully, sends her out. Later, the girl comes back with her mother anad a bruise on her arm in the shape of a thumb, saying that this guy mollested her. Meanwhile, his roommate, Dave, is arrested for embezlement that his girlfriend framed him for. The police arrive at their house and both of them think about how much they hate the world, and all of a sudden it goes away, and is replaced by: Nothing. Great movie.

12/14/07

Hmm, sounds like an interesting movie. I'll keep my eye open.

As for BitTorrent, I'd stay away from it. It's not as legal as you seem to think.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

To be honest, I've never actually used it before. my sister did it all from web sites that I don't know what or where they are on the Internet. THis is just what she explained to me, so, yeah.

12/14/07

Bittorrent is far from legal. but thankfully, is much harder to track, as there are no central servers that files are stored on, so your chances of being busted as an individual downloader are less likely.

And that's all I have to say on that me mateys!! ARR!!!

I once knew a great man. Nothing got to him, and he always smiled. May he forever rest in peace, knowing fully well that his freinds shall remember him.