Occupations and introductions, READ THIS FIRST!

Guest JediIgor

Guest JediIgor

Managers - The folks who pull the strings, make the ultimate decisions, assign other people tasks that need to be fulfilled, and generally make sure everything goes according to plan and in a speedy and efficient way. They are expected to have basic knowledge of the relevant concepts so they do not make impossible to fulfill wishes.

---JediIgor (Primary Manager, Programming Specialization)

Programmers - Using Python, the programmers do all kinds of tricks to get the BF2 engine to do what we want and are the guys who will end up implementing all of the new gameplay code.

---Spots Completely Vacant

Mappers - Makes the levels for our mod ranging from planetary battles, assault battles, and space battles. Does things such as editing the terrain and placing buildings and spawn points.

Modelers - Makes the 3d models, probably with a tool such as Maya, 3ds Max, or Blender. These models will ultimately show up in the game itself.

--Mad78

--Venator

Texturers - Skins the models, there will probably be a few skins for each model to offer some variety (i.e. snow skin for snow maps?).

Animators - Models won't look alive without these guys, so thank them for knowing how to keyframe/rotoscope!

2D Artists - Draw the HUD, all the icons, the menus, sprites, and so on.

Sound Editor - Without sound the mod is lifeless!

Music Editor - To add flair when the level is loading.

Movie Editor - Something simple in the background for people to watch as they configure or look for servers.

Webmaster/Designer - Someone who will design a website and keep it updated with information. Needs to be purty.

Story Writer - Writes all our stories that you see during map loading, fills the website with beautifully woven articles, and the like. This person doesn't even need to know anything techy!

Public relations - In charge of the mod's public image, this will range from driving recruiting efforts of an able team, to sending out news updates to all BF2, game, and Star Wars news sites.. in three words: hype the mod.

Test Coordinator - Will be in charge of the closed/open build testing, this is probably the least important in the beginning but one of the most important as the mod leaves beta and heads into stable territory.

Stats Balancer - Ultimately makes sure none of the weapons/vehicles/etc in the game are too powerful or underpowered, and if possible remains true to the Star Wars universe.

Star Wars Researchers - For those "in the know" of Star Wars, they should have a very good expertise of the universe (enough to answer 70% on a Star Wars test equivalent of a U.S. History course ;)). Mainly they make sure everything is "true" to the SW universe and compile a list of things from the universe we can use in this mod (such as weapons, vehicles, ships, etc) -- their stats, descriptions, and anything deemed helpful to the efforts of everyone else.

--JediIgor

Idea Proposers - The idea proposers bring their own fresh ideas to the table, they criticize existing ideas/plans, and they try to steer this mod into being the best.

--Everyone on the mod team

==============================

If you are at this forum for the first time, please post here, introduce yourself, and post your desired occupation. I will then edit this thread to reflect any changes.

Edited by JediIgor

Guest JediIgor

Hello, I am Igor "JediIgor" Murashkin.

I have been helping pay for the hosting of swrebellion.com for at least 6 years now, and recently I became one of its server administrators. I've been exposed to Star Wars games even longer, I think my first Star Wars game was Rebellion in fact! Or maybe Yoda Stories. Since then I've played every PC Star Wars games with the exception of the kiddy ones (I tried the gungan one, it blew :P).

I read the majority of the Star Wars books, not too many of the prequel books (since I heard they were mostly filler... bleh, stupid Lucas) but all of the classic EU books except for the post-NJO ones and Tatooine Ghost. I also read Crimson+Dark Empire comics, since they are the only ones that seem to be mentioned in the books. Sadly I haven't been around when the Star Wars D6/D20 RPG was popular, but I have seen the collectible card game a few times. So in Star Wars expertise I'd like to think I can be challenged by only a few people I know on my two hands ;). For this reason I'd like to help with the Star Wars Researcher occupation.

Star Wars aside, I'm a very avid gamer in general, I've been playing games since I was 6:!: years old (starting on my dad's BESTA) and certainly a lot of grand strategy, RTS, and FPS games. Sometimes I think I got exposed to too many games and now with each new game I see myself too jaded, I want the game to be better then it is, I want it them to be more original and creative instead of the same old trash (Battlefront??). As a modder it is our right to change the game for the better, to try something new that the scaredy publishers are afraid of!

In the modding scene I've done a lot of cards, scripts, some picture modifications, and some more programming stuff. I've dabbled in the simple basics of other things like map editing, sound editing, modeling, texturing, etc, but I found I neither had an inner talent nor the time to devote to learning these new crafts when I was just a fine programmer. Then, I like making decisions, who doesn't? Sometimes I join an effort but I find things moving too slowly, I have a bunch of ideas on how to do things, how to run things, etc, for this mod I think its only natural that I as the person who proposed the idea should be the main manager.

I've read a few managing books (Mythical Man Month to name one), so I am not scholastically unprepared. As more of you folks join the effort, there will be more concrete break-ups of the task forces, specific workflows, and there will always be something to do for you so we can get this finished as fast as possible!

Thanks for reading this, and may the force be with you ;).

Hello there,

I haven't got many skills in modeling but with time perhaps they'll improve. So for the moment, I suppose I can only support though ideas, research, managment (if you need it) and story writing.

I have quite a lot of SW experience, obviously seen all the films, with the rest of the world, read a few of the books, not that many. I'm generally knowledgable about things SW, thorgh greater research and stuff and am an active member of SWS (RA), which is based on d20. I've gamed for a long time, since I was very young, playing on my dad's work laptop. Anyway, so i'd like to help.

An interesting note: I haven't actually purchased the game yet, thats tommorow morning's job, lol. I've meant ot get it for a while after being blown away by a mates copy of 1942, I play Counter Strike right now so i'm not unpractised and before that it was UNreal Tournament.

I've just remembered i've got a signature!

Howdy

I have been an active member of the forums since i joined more than a year ago. It is here i got addicted to 3d modelling. so that would be the bit i could be doing.

I am quite knowledgeable about SW having read most of the books and trying to find out the most i can on the net.

It must be noted that my main knowledge limits itself to 3d art. My 2d skills are rather limited so the textures would be better if created by somebody who really knows Photoshop.

Like Eko i haven't yet got the game but i can already make models for it. All i need is the polycount limit :wink:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

I'm Avengre. no particularily interesting past. I think my first Starwars game was Xwing, then probably darkforces.

Jedi's arch-nemesis, hated opponent, etc

I've got some programming skills, been coding a Starwars remake game now for about 5-6 months as a side project just for fun, not affiliated with anything else on this site.

Interesting to see this project get going, there are so very few FPS mods involving starwars, and even fewer released games that were very entertaining *looks at Battlefront and frowns*.

I've got no formal programming training except a few classes I took in highschool. My programming knowledge is based around C/C++ and VB. Small amount of experience in BF2's native Python.

Graduated from Oklahoma State in the spring of '05 with a Bachealors in Aviation Science.

So theres my credentials. If your reading this i assume you know that i usually hang out in

#swrebellion on the irc.blazeirc.net server. Linky on the front page.

I'm Doppler, My first Star Wars game was Rebel Assault

I can model although i'm pretty new at it, so i'm not up to par with some of the poeple on this project

I'm also well versed in HTML and working on PHP so I could be working on a website layout

I'm Andrew Barragan, Venator, Arvis Taljik, or whatever other names I happen to go by.

I have experience in Freelancer scripting, Homeworld 2 scripting, and limited 3D modelling ability. No Texturing or animation experience what-so-ever, and am not likely to learn either any time soon.

As for the modding world, I've modded many of the games I have on my own but most of it was just stat tweaking, re-texturing, and the like. Several examples of my re-textures are up on http://www.lancersreactor.com under the name of Arvis_Taljik if you would like to see.

I'm also a pretty good writer, or so I am told, and have written several short storys and am willing to contribute my writing abilities to this project as well.