Does the AI produce "dis-information"?

DarthTex

Question

In my latest game as the Empire, I've come across several strange things that are new to me. Maybe somebody out there has seen this before, or maybe somebody has an explanation.

1) I have a post in the "General Discussion" forum, "Is there a traitor in my midst?" topic. Basically, the rebels have a "rescue" mission to a system that has no prisoners. Can anyone explain this?

2) After an espionage mission, there are icons showing several rebel fleets (1 or 2 ships each) in hyperspace coming to the system. When I "right click" on them and check their status, there is an ETA for their arrival. But a couple of fleets don't have an ETA, they show "Awaiting Orders". How can a ship await orders in hyperspace? Are you coming in-system or not? Can anyone explain this?

3) I think I know the answer to this, but I'll ask anyway. While using the keyboard commands +number, I check to see if I have any idle facilities so I can put them to work. I also check for idle personnel so they can get off their duffs and do something productive. Anyway, when I went to the "Active Personnel" +6, the galaxy shows lots of green stars all over the place (Yippee! Happy little busy bodies :D ). Then I notice 1 little RED star over in that sector 8O . Is this a rebel traitor who's working for me? Have I found a mole?

If this is a "rebel traitor", then I know a way to identify ALL Imperial traitors in my game. Are you curious to know how?

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

9 answers to this question

Send 'em on missions with Darth :D As for your secondary question- right click on the ship and check status to see when it is arriving. It always annoys me to have to do that, but it works. Also, to answer number one (Because I'm feeling dyslexic yadot) The Rebels could be sending a rescue mission from a long time ago. if you had a prioner on that planet fairly recently (Within 50 days) then the Rebels might have sent out a rescuer who will report back with "My mission has failed because the target was not found at it's location. Returning to some planet fifty-gillion parsecs away." :)

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

DarthTofu wrote:

As for your secondary question- right click on the ship and check status to see when it is arriving. It always annoys me to have to do that, but it works.

That's what I did: right click on the ship and check status, but instead of an ETA it says "Awaiting Orders". Thanks & keep thinking about this one.

The Rebels could be sending a rescue mission from a long time ago. if you had a prioner on that planet fairly recently (Within 50 days) then the Rebels might have sent out a rescuer who will report back with "My mission has failed because the target was not found at it's location. Returning to some planet fifty-gillion parsecs away."

That's it! Thanks for "jogging" my memory :oops: (it's hell getting "old"). Han Solo was captured trying to start an uprising. As soon as he was captured, I shipped him off to Coruscant. I forgot where he got nabbed.

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Maybe the ships are being built and are...No. The fleet and the ships don't have ETA's? Check again if you can.

"Someday, somebody will best me. But it's not today, and it's not you"-DD

http://members.w-link.net/~imperatrix/images/thrawn3.jpg

Grand Admirl Thrawn

Versed in the Art of War

yeah, something's wrong, there. Which version of Rebellion do you have? I'm pretty sure that there's 1.0 and 1.1 before they gave up... I think that I have 1.1

12/14/07

I did a ton of espionage missions one time to update myself on how the rebels were doing, then I used the Traitor program.

When I was looking through what the rebels had, almost nothing was the same as the intel reports I had gotten. They had a giant fleet massing to invade the Sluis sector when my Espionage showed some corvettes!

Espionage doesn't always give you everything. But this problem is strange ondeed. :?

"Someday, somebody will best me. But it's not today, and it's not you"-DD

http://members.w-link.net/~imperatrix/images/thrawn3.jpg

Grand Admirl Thrawn

Versed in the Art of War

Defender_16 wrote:

When I was looking through what the rebels had, almost nothing was the same as the intel reports I had gotten. They had a giant fleet massing to invade the Sluis sector when my Espionage showed some corvettes!

The only explanation I can think of for that, is between the completion of the espionage mission and when you actually ran the Traitor program (assuming the game continued for an amount of time), the AI sent the other ships :? . Just a guess.

The espionage mission would have told you if any ships were en-route (How exactly could anyone figure that out, I wonder, seeing as you don't exactly need a docking berth for a Star Destroyer...). Anyway, either the ships came from a nearby system after the espionage mission, or... Umm, I dunno, the AI produces "dis-information".

12/14/07

I ran the traitor program less than a week (7 days) later.

And for some reason they keep building big fleets of Interdictor Cruisers and MC-40 Cruisers. 8O Easy to kill with my Ster Destroyer fleets but annoying as hell.