Do I have a traitor in my midst?

DarthTex

Do I have a traitor? If so, is it Pter Thanas?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Do I have a traitor? If so, is it Pter Thanas?

• No, there is no traitor.
    • Yes, and it's Pter Thanas.
    • Yes, but not sure who.
    • The rebel rescue mission is a program bug.
    • Something else, but what, who knows.

This relates to my latest game (see "Gaming Stories" forum, "What a great start" post dated July 30, 2005).

This is the situation. On Raltiir in the Fakir sector, I have "General" Veers in charge of six advanced training facilities delivering mostly commandos and espionage droids to attack rebel war materials. Anyway, the Empire isn't quite popular here (two garrison troops are required, I have 2 Army regiments, 2 stormtroopers and a Dark Trooper). Pter Thanas is conducting diplomacy to increase popularity for the Empire. After recent rebel sabotage missions, I started spying on my own systems to detect rebel missions. I found a very interesting rebel mission soon to occur on Raltiir, ... a RESCUE mission! 8O . I don't have any captured characters, who are they going to "rescue"?

After recently discovering a "traitor" (see "Questions from Newbies" forum, "What's this all about Traitors?" post dated today, Aug 1, 2005), I'm wondering if I have a traitor. Maybe the "rescue" mission is going to play off as a character "abduction" to keep me in the dark? But, who is it, General Veers or Pter Thanas? Characters in command positions are always loyal according to the manual, so that leaves Pter Thanas. But that doesn't make sense to me because he brought two neutral systems to the Empire in record time (he did it faster than Piett & Bin Essada who are working (barely it seems) on other systems in this sector. So, what do YOU think?

(I'm going to try the "poll" for the FIRST time, so if this doesn't work out, oh well).

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JediIgor
I wish in Rebellion the other side had traitors.. then you would be able to figure out what's going on. Try using a Force-sensitive character to ferret out the traitor by the way.

Umm, they do. At least, I'm pretty sure that they do. I was playing one game and was constantly told that a ship-design research mission on some planet, like, Topwara, maybe, had been foiled by my forces. Had never been there before, but when I got there, it was Imp-held with a couple of shipyards.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

No, that wasn't an informants message- it said "our forces have foiled a ship design research mission on some planet". Nothing showed up on the planet, even a bar for ownership.

12/14/07

Guest JediIgor
No, that wasn't an informants message- it said "our forces have foiled a ship design research mission on some planet". Nothing showed up on the planet, even a bar for ownership.

Interesting.. I was under the impression that traitors could be controlled by the faction they newly worked for, however? I remember in a mod I was playing Chewbacca became a traitor and then he was listed under the Imperial characters, not Rebel.

Also, informants aren't traitors, are they? I thought that happened when there was an enemy-held planet nearby with very low loyalty?

I dunno. i've suddenly had intelligence on planets that I didn't have before with no message, but that could just be a bug or something.

12/14/07

Sometimes if a planet isnt entirely loyal to the side in control of the planet, both Diplomacy and Research missions can be interrupted by local forces you didnt even know you had. Doesnt happen often but it does happen.
That which does not kill me had better run!!!!

That's why I prefer to do all research missions on systems that have a large (if not 100%) loyalty 8) .
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?