Rebellion tactics export ?

Cain

:arrow: Looking at the Petroglyph Forums topics (the ones that usualy milk your brains out in debates - loll) I was questioning my self what the rest of you will think about this subject - could this be all possible 100% ?!

http://swempireatwar.10.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=291

:arrow: Could we use all the SWR tactics in EAW ?! What tactics should be taken from SWR and what tactics not ?!

:arrow: Since here we have alot of old admirals and generals I'm sure you will aslo have a heavy word to say about this incorporated tactics.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

It'll be possible if they fix it so its not an arcade game on steroids... and ships don't blow up in <5 seconds and battles last longer than 1 minute. I'm kind of disappointed its not more like Total War (in Space).

.... well we have now someone who played EAW - but I don't dare ask him yet. :wink:

They said that they increased the weapons power and speed fo the game especially for E3 - so the space battles will last longer.

One thing that puzzles me is that SWR fans seem to avoid getting close to EAW no matter how much I pushed for EAW into SWR forums - loll it will be funny when the beta testing will be up (75% chances) how many of them will rush to get a look or test it.

Edited by Cain

Well, I mean I think EaW looks cool and all its just I dont want to hype it up too much in my mind. I listened to the hype for Battle for Middle Earth and that game was at least to me a huge disappointment.

Its common Cain for people to not get too excited about a game when others have come out before it that promised a lot and delivered little.

I hope the space battles will last longer and that it will be more than a simple thing of 'who has the most ships in space' affair. As it is I think the game looks very cool and hopefully it will live up to expectations...but we will see.

http://img30.echo.cx/img30/2519/yodavspals4fr0gi.gif

:arrow: Well at least we know that the developers got our complaints in time - so if it gets bad we will have our mids clear that we did all we could at the right time - if a developer is open to listen to feedback - the right time whould be in development of the game not after the release.

:arrow: Even if EAW will not be perfect its modability level will enable us to make it perfect.

How receptive are the developers to complaints and suggestions?

I agree, being moddable by XML is good news...

I've just remembered i've got a signature!

:arrow: Well at least we know that the developers got our complaints in time - so if it gets bad we will have our mids clear that we did all we could at the right time - if a developer is open to listen to feedback - the right time whould be in development of the game not after the release.

:arrow: Even if EAW will not be perfect its modability level will enable us to make it perfect.

Well, very true. Like I said though, I just dont want to get my hopes up. I have gotten my hopes up for a lot of games and I ended up being 'heartbroken'.

However, it is nice to see a game developer taking into account ideas like mods and so on which will undoubtedly let the game live longer. Thats one of the reasons why Half Life kept selling as long as it did. Many people were buying Half Life for the Counter-Strike mod.

one thing i was wondering. are they going with the current trend in games and making it a multiplayer game with a simple single player campaign or is a single player game you can play against other's?. i know this probably sounds weird but a heck of a lot of games these days have a lot of potential but it seems all they are interested in is setting the game up for multiplayer and not making the single player side of things challenging or even interesting. i've weasted a lot of money on games like this lately :cry:

one thing i was wondering. are they going with the current trend in games and making it a multiplayer game with a simple single player campaign or is a single player game you can play against other's?. i know this probably sounds weird but a heck of a lot of games these days have a lot of potential but it seems all they are interested in is setting the game up for multiplayer and not making the single player side of things challenging or even interesting. i've weasted a lot of money on games like this lately :cry:

I am hoping it will mostly be a single player game with some kind of missions or something to propel the story along. I enjoy doing skirmish games against the computer as much as the next guy but I do like to follow a story of some sort too.

However, it is nice to see a game developer taking into account ideas like mods and so on which will undoubtedly let the game live longer. Thats one of the reasons why Half Life kept selling as long as it did. Many people were buying Half Life for the Counter-Strike mod.

:arrow: Yes - but you see this is were the big confusion starts. As soon as you label your words as ideeas the developers will run like hell from them. They should be only named feedback. And they should only be about official released materials.

:arrow: Example : - So if you say to a developer - " Your model that you released with PR has bad collors bad scale and needs more pink" (* he will look at your complaints and maybe you get a confirmation that they get them) but if you say "Look at my ideeas for your game" (*you get nothing).

:arrow:Colonel_Olorin you will get the Rebellion MP standard and 8 players MP skimrish.

One thing i've just realized is that I have only seen screen shots of battles, nothing to do with the rest of gameplay like special forces assigned to missions, diplomacy, character interphase, etc...

You got anything on this front Cain dude? :idea:

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

:arrow: Missa think u crazyyy... mucho mucho time past since great movie released has beeeen.

:arrow: Missa dude think u should download thisy : http://swempireatwar.10.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=93 but warns yousy that all the scale and all the spead has been increased for E3 only.

:arrow: Oky ?! :D

Guest JediIgor
Hahahaaha I see that Cain got Igor to post there finally. I am almost tempted to join up too...we will see.

Hey I figured if there is a chance Petroglyph happens to stumble upon their forums its better they see intelligible posts instead of "OMG I want Slave 1 in the game cause Boba Fatt is l33t!!111one" :)

Hey I figured if there is a chance Petroglyph happens to stumble upon their forums its better they see intelligible posts instead of "OMG I want Slave 1 in the game cause Boba Fatt is l33t!!111one" Smile

I second that!!!

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Hey I figured if there is a chance Petroglyph happens to stumble upon their forums....

:arrow: Edit

:arrow: But yes some more of the SWR heavy intelects will serve us well :wink:

Edited by Cain

Guest JediIgor
Cain we both know that, I just wasn't sure if they wanted us to know that :wink:. Anyways, anyone else slightly interested in Empire at War, hopefully you guys will use the same reasoning so that Petroglyph will be seeing some intelligible posts :).

:arrow: I was refering to Delphi only but yes I should mod my post - ehhh my big mouth - :roll:

:arrow: ... make sure you get the interview - :) just wait until I post the message for SWR ;)