Darth Maul, Premature Death?

Did Maul Have A Premature Death?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Did Maul Have A Premature Death?

• Yes
    • No.

Maul was sacrificed by GL to help sow the seeds for AotC.

Maul was basically a "Sith hitman", a "heavy", the "muscle", and not much more. He wanted to fight, he wanted to kill Jedi, period. There was no ambition for controlling people, places or things :x . He despised anyone who didn't have a backbone (sort of a "samauri" in a wierd way). Obi-wan was just a padawan in TPM, so after Qui-jon's death he should have left Obi-wan for a later day. Dooku/Tyranus was powerful in the Dark Side Force, but I don't believe his lightsaber abilities were on par with Maul's. Maul though wouldn't have used Dark Side energy (i.e. lightning) to defeat opponets. This (unfortunately) would have limited his future potential as a Sith Lord. The combination of using both a lightsaber and "the Force" to win an engagement is advantageous :twisted: . You use everything at your disposal to win, nothing else matters (winners write the history books).

Premature death: yes.

More powerful than Dooku: no

More powerful than Vader: no

Could he take on either in a straight lightsaber fight: yes (IMO)

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

my two cents is this:

Maul uses this close range style of kicks and close slashes and stabs by the way he holds his sabre. Dooku on the other hand is a fencer, holding his sabre out in front of him, allowing him to attack from medium length. We also know he can do quite a kick, as we see him whack Obi in Ep. III. I think Dooku would destroy Maul, and SHOULD have destroyed Ani. Heck, I think Dooku could beat Palpy in a lightsabre fight, as Palpy likes to jump around like Yoda, but is a much bigger target (Palpy would fry Dooku with his two handed force lighting though). He was, in my opinion, the second most powerful character in the prequel trilogy, right after Palpy. This is because he stalemated Yoda after fighting and beating two Jedi, and beat a Jedi master with a kick and a force push while managing to hold out against an enraged knight for a little while, at least. Given what I've seen in the movie, I think Dooku could have taken Yoda if they both had fresh feet.

As for Maul, I dont know if I'd call it "premature", but I do think that he could live until AotC and not interrupt anything. He could take the place of Zam Wessell, actually, making a hit against Padme and running away on his speederbike. End it in a fight scene instead of a bar scene and you've got an exciting action sequence. (to make Jango work, they could have Jango doing something like supplying Maul with the worms and glass cutter and fly away when Maul gets killed). Or, he could live unti Ep. 3 and take Dooku's place in the fight, with Dooku himself replacing Grievous, who was unnecessary to the story.

As for C'Boath, I'm going to say that he wasnt a Sith Lord but rather a Dark Jedi Master, like an upgraded version of Ventress. If he ever called himself a Sith, he must have been mistaken, just like Ventress in the cartoon. I know in the comic, C'Boath looked pretty scared when Thrawn just stood there with the Ylasmari or whatever those force-repelling squirrels are.

Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

Maul was sacrificed by GL to help sow the seeds for AotC.

Premature death: yes.

More powerful than Dooku: no

More powerful than Vader: no

Could he take on either in a straight lightsaber fight: yes (IMO)

Actually, it was stated by Lucas or Nic Gillard (the stunt coordinator who choreographed the fights) that Anakin was more along the lines of being on par with Yoda and Mace Windu in terms of lightsaber ability. At this point, Anakin realized he was in fact the Chosen One and that if he wanted to in his mind, no one could beat him.

Obi Wan didnt beat Anakin through superior swordsmanship, if anything go and re-watch the duel. Obi Wan was virtually ALWAYS on the defensive. The only reason he didnt die is because he knew how Anakin would fight. He wisely gave up ground to his former apprentice in the hopes of finding a better advatnage (such as terrain). His moment came when he leaped off that weird lava platform thing and Anakin tried to follow, which I am sure Obi Wan knew he would do. Anakin's own impatience was what got him done in at the end of the movie. Throughout the fight though he was never beating Anakin. There were actually a few moments where Anakin had him and should have won but didnt.

http://img30.echo.cx/img30/2519/yodavspals4fr0gi.gif

Actually, it was stated by Lucas or Nic Gillard (the stunt coordinator who choreographed the fights) that Anakin was more along the lines of being on par with Yoda and Mace Windu in terms of lightsaber ability. At this point, Anakin realized he was in fact the Chosen One and that if he wanted to in his mind, no one could beat him.

Morpheous: What's happening?

Mace Windu: He's beginning to believe!

Matrix meets Star Wars! Bwahahaha! This is the part where Anakin becomes an agent, then.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Hmmm, tofu that gave me an idea for a new thread...
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"