speakers

DarthTofu

Question

Whenever i play Rebellion on an older computer (Windows 95) it always seems to mess up the speakers, sending out a burst of static in place of music. I play other Star Wars games on the same computer (X-wing, TIE Fighter, etc.) and they all work fine with no static. Is there anyway to prevent it from happening?

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

5 answers to this question

I'm not sure this will help, but the music might be trying to play directly from the CD. I know that if I mute my speaker at game startup, everything runs smoothly. Have the speakers "on" and everything is "jittery" and slow. Sometimes the audio "tracks" (Threepio & Imp droid) don't complete whatever they're saying when events happen in the game. Good Luck!
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Eh, I just turn the speakers off, or else all of the sound options to avoid static. It's no big deal, and it might just be my speakers (they're ancient and have a history of breaking).

12/14/07

i had a prob like that on an old computer if you comp or cd drive is too slow the sound wont read well off the disc, if your not doing so already try doing a full install(i know this takes up a bunch of space on an old shitty comp but what can you do). similiar problems still come up during cinimatics this way if your comp(or cd drive) is too slow, but it might help the sound during game play.

"Over the Mountains

Of the Moon,

Down the Valley of the Shadow,

Ride, boldly ride,"

The shade replied-

"If you seek for Eldorado!"

-Edgar Allen Poe

I believe that Mr. Chili got it right... Or it could be Miss Chili, I don't know. I only did a minimal installation, i think, since I wasn't sure how to play the game when I first installed it and figured I'd learn as I went... Doesn't work too well :oops: . But all the other old games that i installed were fully installed, so I'll try a full instal and see if that helps. Thanks.

12/14/07