Conquered All With Alliance & Cant Find Vader & Empe

heathxxx

Question

Hello all!!

Well, it took me ages, but I have managed to hold every planet on both the outer & inner rim systems.

The problem is, that even with this, I have not captured Darth Vader or The Emperor!!

When I attacked Coruscent half-way through the game & captured the planet, Palapatine was there, which helped me gain Lukes skills, but when I captured the planet, he was gone!

I've not seen Darth Vader yet, so he's gotta be somewhere.

I get the occasional message that an Imperial Fleet is attacking one of my systems (without success), but can't seem to locate them anywhere.

Any ideas anyone or do I need to scrap this game & start over again with a different strategy!?!?

18 answers to this question

Well, when you there are no imperial planets left, the imperial fleet can still be orbiting a not colonized planet. It also can be, that the game made a not colonized planet an imperial colonized planet. I happend to me once, when I was hunting the rebels, so it can be, that it will happen for the empire too. So, what you have to do is to build huntingfleets with Y-Wing probes. Spread this fleet in the Outer Rimm and send Recon-Missions everywhere. Sooner or later they must appear somewhere.
All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him. (Sun Tsu - The Art of War)

That must've taken awhile! (I speak from experiance, having taken over a small galaxy with my fleets as both Rebels and imperials). But if you can't seem to find either of them, there are a couple of possibilities.

:arrow: they are both on missions of espionage or something to one of your planets. Okay, so I'm not sure if that works or not, but it should.

:arrow: They could also be on a ship of some sort, like, say, a carrack class light cruiser (Or, if you're really unlucky, a gigantic fleet of star destroyers). They could be taking long hyperspace jumps from one side of the galaxy to the other, evading you for as long as possible In an effort to keep you from finding them. I'll assume that, having taken over the galaxy, you have at least one huge shipyard per system. If not, then get building them! From that point on in, put the inderdictor frigates (I kinda forgot what they're called) on each plantet that you occupy. When the fleet comes out, hopefully you can destroy them (Or at least damage the ship heavily). :twisted: die, Imps, die!

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Vader & Palpy went to Dagobah to play Texas Draw Poker with Yoda 8O, and reminisce about the old days. You'll never find them now :D .
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

I've got big advanced shipyards, quantities of 6-8 on each system and BTW, my insanity made me start on "Huge Systems" :roll: so yes, it's taken AGES!!

Looks like it's going to take alot longer now too heh :wink:

I'm building a gravity well cruiser, forget which, for each planet in each system. This must keep the planets happy due to low unemployment :lol:

I've got Sulstan troops on each planet to detect spies too.

The only Imperial fleets I see from time to time consist of a single Star Destroyer, so not much of a fight on their part. Given they've got no planets & hence no means of building new fleets, I'll just have to sit it out until like you say, I've got the means to catch them on each planet. There is one fleet that keeps trying to attack systems that just have planetary defences, so I guess that they will be on that fleet. Obviously they're not so stupid to attack a planet which has one of my "Mega" fleets sitting in orbit :D

Thanks for the tips. This is gonna be one loooonnnnngggg game!!

Vader & Palpy went to Dagobah to play Texas Draw Poker with Yoda 8O, and reminisce about the old days. You'll never find them now :D .

Right then!! That means I will have to resort to sendin Leia to Degobah to lure them with a game of strip poker :lol:

heathxxx wrote:

Right then!! That means I will have to resort to sendin Leia to Degobah to lure them with a game of strip poker

Oooohhh Yeeeeaaaahhhh! :P

Are there any neutral planets still about? If so, you might want to go and visit them (they could now be Imperial). If you're still getting "visits" from single SD's here and there, then there has to be an Imperial planet somewhere.

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

A little trick that I've found, if you have training centers like shipyards (Or even one training center) you should consider putting Mon Cal regiments on your planets instead of sullustans. Sullustans are cheap to produce, but they have little detection. one more thing- if you know what system the Imps are in, have a bothan spy regiment on every planet. They can perform espionage missions and alert you of inbound ships so that you can gather all of your force to face, say an Imp Star or whatever they have blockading the planet. yes, the mission reports get very annoying, but it can be worth it when you find and destroy the scum! :twisted:

12/14/07

DarthTofu wrote:

Sullustans are cheap to produce, but they have little detection

Whoa, hang on there pardner. While Sullustan troops are cheap to make and have weak attack/defense stats, they are EXCELLENT at detecting and foiling covert operations where they are based. That's why they are best garrison troop for the Rebels. Mix in some Mon Cal troops (high defense stats), and that system would be a tough nut to crack.

Oh, my bad. i just checked back on my manuals. I remembered that the mon cals always foiled my assassination missions on them when I was EMpire, so i just thought that... Sorry, wasn't trying to be a jerk, there! :lol:

12/14/07

No problemo 8)

:arrow: Vader and the Emperor are probably in hyperspace in a darn ship - this has happen to me once. I hope Star Wars: EAW will avoid this silly problems.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Maybe... Or maybe Rebellion Reloaded can, though i don't think those guys can do it without the source codes, or whatever they're called. My hat goes of to you, amigos!

12/14/07

:arrow: Yes without a sorucecode it will be difficult to really change the small errors of the game but there is still a hope.

:arrow: In the past I've done extensive research in the AI useing the AI Spy Program to se how he reacts to RebEd changes - he can be improved by make him changes that he likes and eases his thought procces.

:arrow: The Rebels in the PTESB TC were so agresive that I always had them on my neck from the first days. The imperial side has stiull remained normal in stile. Probably cause now they were tirng to catch the Rebels and didn't take to many offensive actions in the first 100 days.

Cain wrote:

In the past I've done extensive research in the AI useing the AI Spy Program to se how he reacts to RebEd changes - he can be improved by make him changes that he likes and eases his thought procces.

What "AI Spy Program" 8O are you talking about? I haven't heard of such a critter existing. It sounds very interesting. Where can this program be found? Is it difficult to use?

:arrow: Nope its quite easy - I use it a year ago .... it has been remouved from downloads section or is still there :? ask Mask he has it :)

Hmm, I couldn't find it on a quick search though the download section, I suggest you ask Mask then Tex.
I've just remembered i've got a signature!

It's a nifty program... but I always forget to back up the save game file I use it on. *cries* :cry: What they need is a total side switch program. Become the enemies commander instead of just spying on them.

It's a nifty program... but I always forget to back up the save game file I use it on. *cries* :cry: What they need is a total side switch program. Become the enemies commander instead of just spying on them.