Curse you, image editing!!!

Okay, I'm having some trouble again....

I took a picture of a lambda shuttle landing and I want it to be the pic that displays when a fleet arrives. Using PSP, I open up a pic I copied straight from Rebellion (using Paste as new image). Then I do the same with the new picture, but paste it as a new layer. Then, I hit "merge down" so the layers are merged together. Finally, I save it as a .bmp. The image is horribly corrupt! I think its saving it as a 24-bit bitmap instead of a 256 color bitmap! How do I get this darn thing to work?!

Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

• SWR Staff - Executive
Use the option Decrease Color Depth?

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Well, I don't really understand, why (or how) you did copy and paste the original picture from Rebellion. Normally you should allready have the picture as a bmp which you normally should be able to load in PSP. Every new layer you import in this bmp should be adopted in the existing color palette. I might get you wrong, but what you discribe sounds like you did a screenshot or something and imported this into PSP. Of course the screenshot would be in a jpg or psp file format.

Decreasing the color depth will surely work, but I am not so sure, if the bmp would be saved in a different colour palette than the game uses. (But I actually never tried this out.)

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him. (Sun Tsu - The Art of War)

Ah, I see! When you are in Reshack open the Picture, then go into the taskbar under "action" and choose "Save [bitmap:...:...]". This way you can export the picture with the orginal color palette.

But you can try decreasing the color depth in PSP first. You just have to see how it does look ingame.

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him. (Sun Tsu - The Art of War)