what do I do next?

Chinny27

Question

ok I am new to Rebellion and I am playing with easy level and with the rebels.

I have about 4 times as many systems under my control than the empire and currently building up my construction yards/shipyards etc. so I am ina comfortable position at the moment, but I am worried that the empire will quickly catch up. I am only just over 100 days into the game so still quite early.

I have tried espionage and incite uprising on a garrison system by the empire but no matter who I send and how many it keeps getting foiled. I sent Han and Chewie together for espionage but was foiled and this is near the start of the game. I am worried without knowing what the empire is doing, they will catch up and take over the galxy as I have no fleet yet as the I am waiting for better ships to be research.

Am I doing right? How dumb are the computer AI on easy?

3 answers to this question

You can cover your agents with another character or a special force. (I don't know if "cover" is the right english word.) Most usefull is the cover an able character with a cheap special force as a decoy, because decoyes are more often injured or killed in this missions than the covered character or special force. A decoy (no matter how good I think) does increase the success chance of an agent very much. Even if the decoy is killed, the agent has a chance of success. Of course the decoy must be able to be send to this mission, so you can't send a bothan spy on an sabotage mission. Did you try covered missions?

If you want to incite uprising it is very usefull to sabotage all troops first, then characters, fighters and ships on that planet. Each one of this has an own mission detection rating, the more of them are there, the higher is the chance to have your mission foiled. If there are to many troop to send a sabotage mission, you can bombard the troops, perhaps blockarde the planet too, if possible.

Next is to gain more planets, ships, troops while weakening the empire, until you are strong enough too capture Coruscant. Whithout Coruscant the morale of the empire will drop rapidly. Last thing would be to hunt down the emperor and Vader.

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him. (Sun Tsu - The Art of War)

Don't worry too much. You'll get advance notice when the Empire comes a-knockin' on your door :twisted: . The first thing they'll do is sabotage any planetary shields and/or batteries. Then maybe even a garrison troop or two :twisted: . If you can't get an espionage mission on an Imperial system to work, try spying on your own systems that you think are targets. I do this occasionally to ferret out sabotage and espionage missions. Sometimes you get lucky and find out a fleet is already in hyperspace on their way. If there is a fleet heading toward your system, check to see if it's carrying assault troops. If not, they'll just use you for a bit of target practice. If they do ... well, you have a couple of options. If the system is not heavily defended, save your troops and move them offworld, scrap everything and leave (the old slash-and-burn trick as you retreat). If you really want to keep it, you better send reinforcements ASAP!

As MDk mentioned, use decoys. If the system has a "general" in command, it will be very tough (that's his specialty, detecting trouble makers). Good luck and keep us posted.

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

I would advise you to build up your fleets with weaker ships. Some things, like the Dreadnauts, are always powerful. Also, if you don't have ship design research going on, then get to that, as well as anything else you can. But a good fleet can consist of simply several dreadnauts, a gravity well cruiser if you have it, and some nebulon Bs/ fighters (Preferably X-wings).

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away