Question on RebED

Chinny27

Question

I know you can change the stats, but can you change the unit's side. For example changing the Super star Destroyer to be with the rebels instead of the empire or giving the Empire opportunity to make x-wings?

8 answers to this question

Yes; Open Rebed and click on a ship, halfway down on the right hand side you will see two tick boxes next to "Can be built by". Check the appropriate box and the ship should be able to be built by that side.
I've just remembered i've got a signature!

Yes; Open Rebed and click on a ship, halfway down on the right hand side you will see two tick boxes next to "Can be built by". Check the appropriate box and the ship should be able to be built by that side.

I actually never thought for a minute that this could be possible, but you inplyed something like this, Eko: Is it possible to make a ship buildable by both sides? I thought this would only work with planetary buildings.

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him. (Sun Tsu - The Art of War)

What happend to the colours? A sreen shot problem or did it happen because of the rebel ship you tried to build.

Wow, this could open many new possibilities. I allways wanted the empire to be also able to build Nebulons and Corvettes. Then the Carrack an one of the Dreadnaughts could be replaced by something more usefull.

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him. (Sun Tsu - The Art of War)

No idea whats up with the colours, they were fine in game so it was nothing to do with the game being modded, I've jusy done it again and it workedthis time. Must have just been a corrupted screenshot before...
I've just remembered i've got a signature!

Cool. :D It seems so, that I must download the model replace tutorial too now.

That sort of makes me wonder....I know that after x number of research advancements, you get the "research exhausted" message, just like you get "recruitment exhausted" after 30 characters. What then, would happen if you made all ships buildable by both sides with a research requirement of 0?
Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

That sort of makes me wonder....I know that after x number of research advancements, you get the "research exhausted" message, just like you get "recruitment exhausted" after 30 characters. What then, would happen if you made all ships buildable by both sides with a research requirement of 0?

Of course not all ships buildable from the beginning! But for example you can give the Corellian Corvette both sides on startup without a problem. As long you don't make to many ships builable by both side, it wouldn't unbalance the game, I think.

I also found out by accident a while ago, that you can have more than 1 ship with a research requirement of 3 for example. This ships will be researched at the same time. Unfortunally, the game will only report one new invention, if I am not wrong.

Anyway, it would be interesting to know, how many reaserch advances you can maximal set.