movement

DarthTofu

Question

Hey, uh, I like just signed on to this website, so I don't know very much about it (I'm a newb! Gah!) Anyways, i play Rebellion on a computer that I have upstairs with no internet access or cable linking stuff. Can anyone give me layman's (Or even the increadibally stupid layman's) version of how I might go about downloading a mod on one computer and putting it upstairs on a windows 9...8... I think. it might be an upgraded 95. but any help would be hot. I currently have 2 internet access computers, one of which is a very new model of Dell, the other which is a fairly old Windows 2000 upgraded to XP. I don't know if you needed to know that, but I thought it might help if you did. So I'll be on the lookout for replys, here 8O so post a reply or i shall send out the vampiric penguins I hold in my basement which doesn't exist! :twisted: Yeah, umm, that was one of those random insanity fits... Anyway, any help would be most appreciated. :D

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

8 answers to this question

I'd put this in "Questions from newbies", but heres what I understand:

The Admiral's nightmare series consists of really hard scenarios, but is a savegame file. That means that you simply put the file into your savegame folder inside the rebellion folder, and rename it something like "savegame.002" or something (just use the same name as one of your existing files that you dont mind deleting). Ootini is, I think, a TC that can be uploaded in Rebed. Go download Rebed and then download Ootini. In the opening Rebed screen after you install it, you'll see a load button. Load Ootini and play from there. Someone with more knowledge than me will have to explain Protectorate because I've never played it

Count Dooku is the strongest Star Wars character as depicted in the movies. All hail Christopher Lee.

• SWR Staff - Executive

And topics moved... let me explain

Mods (short for modifications) are changes to other games.. not Rebellion. This includes things like the HW2 Warlords mod.

Total Conversions (TCs) are also changes to games, but we are using this specifically to talk about changes to Rebellion itself. The site itself started as a focus on Rebellion editing, thus the terminology that came first here.

AdmiralToguroAni is correct, you would load TCs from RebED.

Try starting at the RebED page: http://www.swrebellion.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=4

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Thanks for the stuff, 'cause I know that i will eventually need it, but what i was really asking was, is there a way that I could download a mod or whatever on one computer, burn it to a CD or something, and then install it on a computer with no internet access?

12/14/07

• SWR Staff - Executive
Yes - a TC (.reb) file is just a file. You can transfer it as you wish

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

By transfer you mean burn it to a CD and then download that directly to the hard drive of the other computer? As I've said before, I am very un-technologically-savy-like.

12/14/07

Remember to put every file you need to transfer in one CD if you are using non-rewritables as you don't want to use more than one. You may as well download all you can fit onto the CD (from SWR) to be honest, you never know when it ight be useful.
I've just remembered i've got a signature!

Thank you, oh wise and knowledgeable people of the website! I bow in thou presance (Bows). I'll try to get that stuff to work. Might wind up getting my sister to help me out, but I'll still try it. But if this somehow crashes one or more computers all the blame falls to you guys :) j/k. Thanks.

12/14/07