Planets with nothing?

cj_n

Question

In a recent game of Rebellion I found myself scanning every sector of the galaxy for the Rebel HQ. In my attempt to crush the rebellion I destroyed (not with deathstar just wiped every KNOWN planet with general bombardment) every rebel planet in the galaxy that i knew of. After capturing Luke and Mon Mothma I still somehow had not found the Rebel HQ, even though I had searched and destroyed every planet that could possibly be inhabited (and by that i mean at one point was a neutral planet). In my fury I searched the galaxy again, this time scanning every planet in every sector. Low and behold........I found the Rebel HQ..but it was on a system that before was nothing (no resources, shields, etc.)

So my question is........

How do you make a planet that has no resources or defense join your side? I mean the planet is originally only energy.

Do you use reconassince? Diplomacy (think that one is impossible...since nothing lives there)? Assault? Or something like espionage?

Any help on this puzzling mystery would be helpful......

4 answers to this question

You send a ship to the planet that can carry troops. And you click and drag the troops onto the planet. In effect you colonize the planet and it becomes yours.
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

cj_n wrote:

I found the Rebel HQ..but it was on a system that before was nothing (no resources, shields, etc.)

When you said it had nothing before, did you "visit" the planet previously with a probe droid, or ship or fleet? Until you "visit" each planet (in the outer rim), you don't know what resources are on that system. And even then probe droids aren't always 100% accurate. I have seen planets that appeared to have no resources (probe droid mission), but later when a fleet went into orbit, there they were (the resources that is). You also have to keep updating information. Information is only as good as the day you got it. Eventually the information changes. Since the Rebel HQ is mobile, there are times when it's in hyperspace and therefore NOT residing on any system. Hmmmmm, that might be an interesting strategy, keeping the HQ in hyperspace between systems at the far corners of the galaxy :idea: . From what I remember, a system must have at least 1 available energy unit in order to "host" the Rebel HQ.

If the planet has no population (no loyality/popularity bar), just drop a troop unit on it from an orbiting fleet. Then it's yours. If you move the troop, it becomes "vacant" again. You have to "build" something on the system first (there has to be a population to work your facility(s)) to get the troop off-plant without losing control of it. The first thing you build will then set the loyality/popularity bar to 100%.

I hope that answered your questions.

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Yes your comments were very helpful, unfortunately I had already scoured the entire Rebellion manual to find the answer. I wish I would have known about putting troops on a unpopulated planet a LONG time ago.........would have allowed me to have a ton more resources.

Anyways thank you for your posts.......I think I learn something new in this game all the time.

I think i have had this same issue. after controlling most of the galaxy, leaving a few planets of little value, i thought i conquored the alliance. i thought it would be impossible for the alliance to have colonized a planet in the upper left portion of the map after i had pushed them into the bottom right portion of the map. there was Luke. how could the planet have delevoped to quickly? I'm looking at you AI!