A few questions(NJO TC)

Nero

This first one may seem like a dumb question, but I can't find where you put the Encyclopedia pictures anywhere. Could someone tell me which DLL and it woudl be nice if you knew the number too, but I could find it without.

Second, is there a way to determine which planet would be started. e.g. The rebel base is always Hoth.

Lastly, is it possible to make a New Jedi Order TC. I've been looking at it, and it would really be a challenge, but in the end, would it even be possible. Complications like making shipwombs, getting slaves to make troops and including the Imperial Remnant in there. This would also need the answer to the question above to be yes so that we can get Sernpidal and Dubrillion as starting planets.

Well, for your first question, the Encyclopedia images can be changed by changing the respecitve units/characters images.

You can't change the settings to force a fixed star location for the rebel base.

An NJO TC would be possible, but it would be complex. I don't think you could introduce a third faction, so the Remnant is out of the question.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

A big job for a TC too :) You would have to change the rebel and imp's around so the jedi started with Coruscant and the empire in the outer rim.

May have a look and see what changes need to be done to reverse the two.....

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/2350/darth1b3bu.jpg

Visit the forums > The Galactic Core Forums

I was more thinking you would need to have the Vong vs the Republic. I was thinking that if I actually tried this, I would make it so the Vong cannot make shipyards(they need to destroy planets to make shipwombs as far as I know) give them a Sernpidal shipwomb. Make Dubrillion thier base and set the building just before the battle of Ithor. I would have just fused the NR with the Empire by giving the NR an equal share of both sides ship types, which I could still do. Things would be a lot easier if we could change the planets..but oh well.

Ok. If I were to try this, who would help me with it?

You mean the Vong would start in the outer rim. The current "Imperial" characters would all have to be changed to be a mix of Imperial/New Republic and new characters (Mara Jade for example). All of the current "Rebel" characters would have to be changed to be Vong and any collaborators.

Redoing all of the Vong ships/troops/facilities would be major. The "Galatic Federation" would be all of the latest Imperial/Alliance stuff, then you would have to work on what would be researched.

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Scrap research all together maybe. Just make a price difference substantial enough to dissuade SSDs in the start. Yeah. I haven't read all the books yet, only the first four. In the position I was planning on setting the start of this, I only really know 3 Vong characters. A bunch of dead warriors, Shedoa(sp) Shai, Deign Lian and Nom Anor. Shedo Shai and Lian died later in the book, but hey, Vader and the Emperor did too.

I was just thinking that I'd call it the Republic and make the starting briefing say the Remnant is considered in it.

Looking at this, it kinda seems overwhelming. Especially since it'd be my first real TC. I'll start with something easier first. Maybe something as simple as start this just after the attack on Coruscant. Add Ysanne Isard in there. Scrap the Emperor and Vader. Revamp graphics if I can. Then I might come back to this.

Alright...RESEARCH TIME!

• SWR Staff - Executive
Basically its a matter of "can you get the images necessary to complete a total conversion?" There's just not enough quality material available.. you may have to dig deep and come up with some of your own original work too.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Yeah. I was looking for a card for the Solo kids, none of the pictures were worth using. Same with the Kyp Durron card.

Probably the best place to get pictures is scanning book covers. I have a Junior Jedi Knights book from ages ago that has a good pic of Anakin and Tahiri. That book took place only a year before NJO. The NJO covers themselves though always have a pic of an X-Wing. There are enough of those around.

EDIT: As a sidenote, after I posted this, I went looking for better Solo kid pics. I found a bunch. Both the Twins have fansites! I found a bunch.