Worst Star Wars Actor Ever

Darth_Rob

Well everybody, I was always under the assumption that Christian who played Anakin (Episode II- he was better in III) was the worst actor I have ever seen in a Star Wars film. But move over Anakin, because I found someboy worse. I came across a duel-pack of live action movies titled "Ewok Adventures". The one I watched last night was called "The Caravan of Courage". It was funny to watch a movie where most of the characters talked and you had no idea what they were saying (the Ewoks didnt speak basic, and there were no captions), and there was a particular Ewok I dubbed "The Lumberjack" (that was he was doing, mindlessly chopping down trees in the forest). But back to the point. There was a human boy whose family crash lands on Endor. This boy was by far the worst actor ever in a Star Wars film. He was whined like there was no tomorrow, was obnoxiously annoying, and had the worst facial expressions ever! Anyone who has watched this Ewok film knows what I'm talking about.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

I agree, Christian Hayden is absolutly inable as an actor. When a boy in an Ewok film for childreen is whining all the time, I can understand. (I would do too, if I would have to play such a role.) But Hayden considers himself as a real actor... I really can't take him serious in this scenes, where he does try to look grim and evil. Okay, okay, to be fair I have to confess that he has a really really really terrible dubbing voice over here.
All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him. (Sun Tsu - The Art of War)

Well, remember that the Ewok movies were made strictly for children, and really have no baring on the Star Wars Universe.

As for the worst actor, you can't put all the blame on Hayden. Alot of it was the lines that were written for him. I would have to say that Jake Lloyd (sp?) was by far the worst actor in a Star Wars movie.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I think quite a lot of blame can be laid upon Hayden, whilst he may have had only the script he was given to work with we have to remember that Ewan McGergor had the same script to work with. Anakin's part would be from an acting point of view a very interesting part to play, the conflict within would be facsinating to work with and don't forget, actors always have a small input on their lines. During ESB Harrison Ford had his line from the scene in the Carbon Freezing room change from:

Leia: I love you

Han: I love you too

Which is quite cliched to his actual line:

Leia: I love you

Han: I know

Which he felt was more in tune with his character.

I've just remembered i've got a signature!

I dont know. I still believe that this kid in the Ewok movie was annoying as hell, even more so than Anakin in TPM. But its still an interesting movie, just a good laugh to see a bunch of Ewoks running around. I found it at my local Wal-Mart for $9.99, if anyone is interested in giving it a shot. Im also trying to figure out if the storyline of these movies takes place before or after ROJ. Tonight I watch the second movie: The Battle For Endor. Exciting!

My Website

I saw the battle for endor a long time ago. First time you get to see a Dathomir witch.

Come on... Hayden wasn't all that bad. Compared to Jake Lloyd was much more anoying.

Anakin: And they blows us up, BOOM! 8Ohttp://alamak.com.sg/i/Shutup.gifhttp://imagehost.biz/ims/pictes/209198.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Palpycard.gif

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Mad78/Spamkinguserbarcopy.jpg

CLICK HERE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Click here is you like Trance

Hayden: I am angry. -Fist shakes threateningly.- Just look at my furrowed brows! You have turned Padme against me. (I'm not a robot!) Fear me!

Ewok Kid: -Lots of whining.-

First of all, if you have seen Hayden in the other movie he was in (He plays a reporter who cooks up a bunch of stories.) then you would agree that he was the worst actor, not just of Star Wars, but of all time. The only reason he had any 'remotely' decent facial expressions in RotS was because of the makeup. Most of the expressions were probably triggered from skin irritation.

Second of all, the ewok kid... He's a kid. Kid's don't know how to do anything other than whine, so he was simply doing all that he knew to do.

Also the fact that Hayden has years ahead of the kid in acting experience (And still blows major balls of doom.) makes him the worst. No question about it. Hayden takes the cake.

"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

Hayden is for me the worst actor. Sure, the lines were already bad, but even the few scenes where he has good lines he makes nothing of them. And he's definitely to one-dimensional for a role such as Anakin Skywalker. He does not add depth to a complex character, he shows no conflict, no nothing, he just looks mean. And though bad script and Lucas's lack of directing abilities may have something to do with it, we all must admit that Hayden acted badly in SW. He might become a good actor doing other movies, but this role was too big for him. He improved slightly but the Darth Vader suit is too big for him.

Jake Lloyd, Daniel Logan take the price for annoying little actors. But they are kid actors in kiddy roles. Hayden is a kid actor in a 1.9 body and in the most complex role of the saga.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Can you believe Hayden has been in 16 movies? God thats terrible. That's more than Lindsay Lohan, and she is good looking, what is the world coming to?
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

:arrow: Christian Hayden is the worst of them mainly cause his performance was needed to be way abouve what it was ... even the cartoons suffered cause of him.

:arrow: He was no Sith Lord more like a silly lord. Lucas is also responsable for this performance.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Lord_La_forge said:

Mark Hamill was the absolute worst of them all. Never seen such a bad acting in any other movies (except perhaps in my 50's B-movie collection).

I think that Mark Hamill had actually one of the best scenes. I still believe that in ESB, when Vader reveals the truth to Luke, Luke's reaction is the most powerful of any scene in any of the other movies. In my opinion, that one scene made Mark Hamill one of the best of the Star Wars actors.

My Website

Mark Hamill's "NO!" in ESB when he learns Darth Vader is his father, was alot more believable then Darth Vader's "NO!" when he learns Padme is dead in RofS.
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

The NOOOO was comical. It was appalling but that is one thing that may truly be the fault of the director rather than the actor, as he probably couldn't help the corny sound that came out of the 'voicebox'. Mark Hamil wasn't that bad for me, in fact he was on the better side of average at least, probably even good :)

One particularly wooden scene that still haunts me would be the scene where he tells Mace about his 'suspicions'. Erghhh. He really should have worked it out by then, the Emperor just happening to know tht the only way to save Padme was the secret lore of the Sith. You could see his eyes move in some sort of attempt at a 'Hmm, something suspicious here' look but still fail at even that simple facial expression, making it look cold and unmaginative.

I've just remembered i've got a signature!

Mark Hamill's "NO!" in ESB when he learns Darth Vader is his father, was alot more believable then Darth Vader's "NO!" when he learns Padme is dead in RofS.

Emm... well having 'endured' Ep III and all it's length, I thought the now infamous 'Noooooo!' was about all poor maimed and robotic Anakin would of uttered in the situation. He always had his doubts about betraying the Jedi, and only his love of Padme tripped him over to Palpatine's grasp; so what would you do in the same situation?

You've betrayed all your mates, destroyed an entire order, had a mortal fight with your best mate and lost not only your legs but most of your skin, all for the promise that your wife survives a pregnancy, which was all probably a Sith-inspired lie in the first place... so figure, given Anakin is a newby to the Dark Side with all his lingering doubts etc, 'Nooooo!' is about as natural a reaction as you give.... I laughed aloud in the cinema; but out of excellence. Man, Palpatine was cunning....

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Jahled Wrote

so what would you do in the same situation?

Acted better.

Jahled Wrote
so what would you do in the same situation?

Acted better.

How? Give it some classical edge? Get real. It suited the situation and Anakin's realization his been completely stuffed by Palpatine.

Perhaps the 'acting element' can be put down to GL's over use of graphics and what not and young actors inability to get to grips with it, just like proven actors like McGregor have stated it was hell. So don't be to ready to cuss these young actors; they have been thrust onto the greatest movie franchise of all time and given a blue backdrop to 'act' before; so forgive them them if they look a tan wooden from time to time, perhaps they were as bored as f.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

I still believe that Vader's "NOOO!" in ROS was corny. Actually, I think an inhuman scream or ghastly moan would have worked better in that situation.

Ah, the infamous FrankenVader scene (I half expected Palpy to cry: "It's alive! It's alive!" . I think that an inhuman growl would have been better for this scene rather than the now.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

I like the fact that he said the 'No" Jahled, I just think the way it sounded was kind of crappy. It's funny that he seems more human as a robot then he does as a human, Hayden that is.

The blue backdrop? No excuse. Ewan pulled the "You were the chosen one!" in front of a backdrop. If Ewan can do that then I expect Hayden to at least be able to do a fairly decent "No"

And you can only blame Lucas to a degree. While it is his fault that Hayden played Anakin, perhaps all of his acting was as much as Lucas could get out of him.

I have seen some of Hayden's other movies, and all of them have at least decent acting except on his part, meaning that he blows at acting. So you can't put all the blame on the director.

Also, since Hayden received acting lessons for EACH scene and still sucked proves his ineptitude.

In the other movies Vader was mostly kind of quiet. I would've expected him to look around desperately, or stare out of a window, or smash some more stuff or even yell incoherently. Never has a single word come so close to ruining an entire movie. It was corny and the acting was hopelessly artificial.

I dunno who claims the title of worst actor. I'm tempted to say Christensen or Portman, I generally don't consider child actors in this way because most of the time I don't even think of them as 'actors' per se. So many of the characters and sets and things in the second batch of movies were just cartoons, though, that I pity the live actors who starred in those films.

Hamill had a couple of dud scenes (mostly in ROTJ), but he was a lot of fun to watch most of the time, never really painful like Christensen/Portman. When a scene in a film makes you cringe, you know there's something very wrong.