Bobba Fett

JoHud

Guest Admiral_Antilles
His ship broke down and he didnt make it to the try-outs so Lucas told him no he couldnt be in the game.

That's what I heard too... :roll::wink:

but there are other bounty hunters on the imperial side in the original version...and in the films of the OT, he's pretty clearly on the imperial side...he's usually one of the first guys I add any time I do a mod, though i do sometimes pay attention to his freelance nature, making him recruitable by both sides.

While he was on the Imperial side, he was only on it for the pay. He would probably work for the rebels if they payed him enough.
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/Dave-Mastor/Cluster6.jpg

But the rebellion being the run-down pile of crap that it is wouldn't be able to employ Fett as they are on a pretty tight budget for money. You have to give them props though for carrying on in the war with so few resources, and so little money.
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

Ok my one post was silly, as for in-game reasons Boba at the time they made Rebellion probably wasnt considered a major enough character. Or, maybe the development team simply forgot? I noticed they made characters like Bane Nothos who I have never heard about before and stuck him in the game.
http://img30.echo.cx/img30/2519/yodavspals4fr0gi.gif

My guess is that they thought that he was a more independant character, not one who would always be there at the beck and call of the Empire. Being in it soley for the money after all...
I've just remembered i've got a signature!

But a lot of the other "scum" in the game (Mendo, Villar, Garidan, etc) were "in it for the money" too. Thats what their profession was- hired thugs. Their career was working for the highest bidder. But I really don't know why they put all those wierd aliens in the game, but left out Fett, not to mention the other "popular" bounty hunters Zuckuss (my fav), IG-88, Bossk, Dengar, or 4-Lom.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

True, it was just a thought. Could just be the opinions of the designers when they created all the characters corrensponding to the limits that they had been set.
I've just remembered i've got a signature!

They didn't put Fett in because they knew that players would only ever play on the side he was on, in effect limiting the game. They didn't want that... No really. I'm serious...>.>
"I saw the greatest minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving, hysterical, naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix." -Allen Ginnsberg, "Howl"

I looked Bane Nothos up in the SW Encyclopedia. He is from a EU source. There is a couple of paragraphs about his history. Basically he was in charge of locating and destroying Ackbar's B-wing project. He failed and was demoted to command of the Outer Rim Patrol Fleet.-Grand Moff Conway

They didn't put Fett in because they knew that players would only ever play on the side he was on, in effect limiting the game. They didn't want that... No really. I'm serious...>.>

You're Probably Right.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/Dave-Mastor/Cluster6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
maybe Lucasart wants to the fans know other Star Wars characters,not only that are seen in the films. anyway, boba fett is in my 1'st Tc, and will be in each other TC's of mine but with other pictures in each Tc.

Ok my one post was silly, as for in-game reasons Boba at the time they made Rebellion probably wasnt considered a major enough character. Or, maybe the development team simply forgot? I noticed they made characters like Bane Nothos who I have never heard about before and stuck him in the game.

Skynxnex, the reason you probably never heard of bane nothos is because he was an expanded universe book character. Lucasarts did this with many characters, like thrawn and captain pallaeon: They pulled characters from the books and EU.

I think I have a reason- at the time, everyone thought Fett was dead. no, seriously, when did the bounty Hunter Trilogy come out? oh, wait, actually I think it did come out in the ninetys, now that I think about it... Well, I'm going to guess that these guys shirked some homework and didn't read any of the Bounty Hunter books, so they just assumed that Fet was dead and didn't add him. Or else wanted to be on the safe side because theyw eren't sure of his E.U. status.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away